Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Medical Frigate

Princess

Yeah, so at work last night the abdominal pain that I had been dealing with for 3 days became unbearable and I ended up in the emergency room, which was packed, luckily I had watched how many beds were open down there and went when I knew that beds were open. I was bent over in pain at this time. I got the last open bed and the nurse that started my IV was an extern and went for the vein in the back of my hand and moved the needle in so slowly that I just wanted to grab it from him and shove the needle in myself, especially after he missed the vein the first time. But it got me dilauded, and that is a nice drug. Unfortunately, 4 hours later they didn't know what was wrong with me, all my tests came back normal except they couldn't see the ovary on the side of my abdomen where I'm having the pain, so I have to have that checked out. They go to discharge me a little after 7, I have my IV taken out, stand up to get dressed and almost fall flat on my rear and get all nauseous. Few minutes later I'm puking my guts out and getting a shot in the rear to stop the vomiting. At this point I realize that I'm not going home anytime soon and can't get up to use the phone so my coworker that was sitting with me and was going to take me home after I got discharged called my parents for me who were slightly ticked that I hadn't called them earlier. But I didn't want to wake them up in the middle of the night if it wasn't something serious. Now I'm sitting here missing work and losing out on my overtime pay that I was going to have this week doped up on vicodin extra strength and motrin. How fun.

Andy

Sounds like we're all having fun at the moment. :(

Yesterday morning I was woken up by fingers on both hands twitching. Then different random twitches every so often throughout the day, and I slept horribly last night because every time I closed my eyes half my face started twitching. I somehow doubt my problem is going to go away any time soon or on it's own. Will be calling the health centre in the morning to make another appointment... Guess I'm going to need that Nerve Conduction Study. :(

Princess

That doesn't sound good B

Andy

You're telling me! :p

Uncle Du

Yea, anything that involves twitching in the face and stuff, seems like it could be more serious.

And I'm glad you got looked at Prin.

Princess

Well it hasn't told me anything Du. I'm still in pain and am not sure what's going on yet. Not even sure if I'm going to go to work yet, if I can make it around on ultram I'm going to work, otherwise it's back to the vicodin which is doing nothing but knocking me out

Andy

Yea, anything that involves twitching in the face and stuff, seems like it could be more serious.

I already know what I hope it's not, lol.

Uncle Du

Well it hasn't told me anything Du. I'm still in pain and am not sure what's going on yet. Not even sure if I'm going to go to work yet, if I can make it around on ultram I'm going to work, otherwise it's back to the vicodin which is doing nothing but knocking me out

Well, even if vicodin didn't knock you out, you can't drive on that s***. That stuff messes me up. But it does feel good. :p

I already know what I hope it's not, lol.

Hopefully it's something where they're like, well, you seem to just have a severe vitamin deficiency and you just take a supplement and you're okay. I'm pullin' for ya. :)

Princess

Yeah, I'm taking Ultram at the moment because it's taking the edge off the pain but not knocking me out. I'm sure I'll be going for the vicodin after work tomorrow morning

Princess

*Sighs* So if the pain doesn't go away in a couple of days I'm going to have to either have a colonoscopy or exploratory surgery

Uncle Du

I feel like crap. I'm sick of this. Just go away dammit!

Andy

I know the feeling! :mad:

Waiting for doctors appointment again... But if I get suddenly worse I'll try get an earlier appointment. Meh!

Uncle Du

Curse these frail human bodies!!!

Mara

I'd let you borrow my immune system, if I could!

Andy

Mines always been really good to me... Hardly ever get so much as a cold. lol

Edited by Andy

Uncle Du

If I do get sick, I usually get over it quick. I think I'm going through this sympathy bulls***!! Damn the mind and its powers of suggestion!

Radioactive Isotope

my allergies have been making me miserable all week. i need to move. :|

James the Defender

I'm 22 years old and have prostate problems!

Drake

TMI!!!!

James the Defender

I'm 22 years old and have prostate problems!

Damn dude! Are you ok...I mean, obviously from your statement you're not all ok, but...you know?

Doc said it doesn't have any bumps or lumps, it's just enlarged. I've had this problem since I've been 18 or 19. Spicy foods, aka my favorite, flare up my prostate. I just took my PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) blood test today, and that will see if my levels are high enough to cause any real concern. Both my general practitioner and the urologist said I don't have to worry about cancer, but the PSA will tell if further testing is necessary.

Usually when it flares I'm in great, great pain, like someone kicked me between the legs. Usually Motrin and sleep take care of it. This time, I have lower back pain and the problem of urinating frequently. This caused me great concern. And here's the best part...

I don't have insurance! Yay!!!!!

On a happier note, however, Caity can be COBRA'd. It's going to cost us $454.19 for her insurance per month, but considering her meds cost $1300/month, it's a good deal.

Princess

I've been in the hospital since Wednesday night, they still don't know what's wrong with me either. A lot of stuff has been ruled out but there's still no clue as to why I'm having this much pain. And let me tell you, prepping for a colonoscopy while in the hospital sucks but they did find that my colon did have a twist in it but that wasn't causing the pain and they were able to untwist it

Edited by Princess

Princess

Ugh!!!! I am so sick of being in constant pain!

Radioactive Isotope

did they check your gallbladder at all?

Princess

No because the gallbladder is up by your ribs and the pain is down in the pelvic area. And the vicodin isn't really helping the pain at all *cries*

Radioactive Isotope

i assume they've ruled out kidney stones as well. anybody know how to contact Dr House?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.