Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Du

Street Fighter

Uncle Du

And yes, I started this thread cause I just bought the new game, SF 4 the other day, and it totally lives up to my expectations. The controls are smooth and fluid, and the interface with the analog stick (on the 360) is superb. I was never that good at doing a forward, down forward with a stick, but damned if it ain't easy to pull off here. The rendering of the characters and environments are second to none. It's nostalgic and new at the same time. Definitely a must get, and the online play is fun too.

Game page.

TheUnknown

I had Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter 2 Turbo for Super Nintendo. I kick ass with Chun Li.

Uncle Du

You would love her in this one. She's about the best button mashing character to use in the game. Crazy combos.

Uncle Du

This site is AWESOME!

I haven't been through it all, but from I can tell, it has all characters from all major fighting games. It's pretty cool if you want some background on specific characters.

Uncle Du

They've updated SF 4 on the 360, and added a Championship Mode online. It's pretty cool. Lots more incentive for playing online, and going up in rank.

Brumak

So how's Akuma's nasty level 3 finisher in SF 4?

Uncle Du

It's the stuff dreams are made of. ;)

Dude, it's so awesome. When playing arcade mode, every character has a "Rival" match, before the end guy. Akuma's rival is, obviously, Ryu. When you finish Ryu with his Ultra Combo, the Shun Goku Satsu (Wrath of the Raging Demon), after the screen comes back to normal he says, "You have a LONG way to go!!" I know that might seem really melodramatic when it's written out, but believe me, it's awesome.

What's also really cool is that the Ultra and the Super are almost the same, so the input is really easy to do once you get it down. But it's crazy how much better the Ultra move is. And to get your Ultra bar up, all you have to do is take damage and get your character "mad". And since Akuma has the 2nd lowest stamina in the game, it goes up REAL quick. I can't wait to kick your ass in this game. :D

Brumak

Haha you'll beat me down for a bit, until I get the hang of combos and stringing them with supers :p Especially if I can remaster my jump kick into low punch combos finishing with a special :D

How's Bison with his moves? I wasn't ever too bad with comboing him.

Uncle Du

He's good. The gameplay is so fluid that it won't be that hard to get used to it, and combo the s*** out of some people.

Brumak

Hahaha...I was cruisin' around my photobucket account and found this:

2007_11_3_ryufireball4.gif

Dunno if I ever showed you that one, bro. Let's see if Akuma can stand up to the Haforeheadouken.

Uncle Du

:rofl:

BloodyBandage

plays and feels a lot like the oldschool version on Super NES with crisp graphics and solid gameplay. Seth is really hard to beat (end guy) and online play is insanely competitive.

Uncle Du

I've found that with each character, there is a different way to approach fighting and defeating Seth.

And yea, when I first got it, I was unstoppable with Akuma. Now, everyone can use him. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.