Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Left 4 Dead

Chickenman

Just got it today, and it's fantastic. I imagine the real draw, however, is co-op mode, so I'm wondering who else has it?

Tsl

My brother has this. He says it's short and gets boring quick... Sounds like my kind of game! I have a really short attention span when it comes to games and....

Oh! Butterfly! *runs off to chase*

Chickenman

It is, but it's also a little different each time you play, and again, it seems like the focus is on co-op.

Andy

I played it at my mates house a while back, it was pretty fun. It did seem very much geared up for cooperative play, as with a lot of games these days. Not been a whole lot of great single player games recently.

Tsl

It is, but it's also a little different each time you play, and again, it seems like the focus is on co-op.

He did play co-op mainly. He said it's hella fun and then just gets repetitive. My brother is incapable of playing anything single player :p

CorSec

Chicken whats your steam ID? I think mine is 'KorSec'. We can play.

Chickenman

Steam ID? Is that for the PC version? :???:

Andy

Yeah I think Steam is just a PC thing...

Of course, I don't own a 360, so I wouldn't know. :p

Edited by Andy

Uncle Du

That's right, this is a game that I was thinking about getting...

CorSec

Steam ID? Is that for the PC version? :???:

fail detected =(

But yeah, Steam is used for the PC client.

Edited by CorSec

Chickenman

:(

Winters

Steam is awesome to an extent. I have it as well, for PC, I got it when it was on sale on Steam for $25 bucks! And it's with my account for ever!!! *evil laugh*

Brumak

I played this one for about 10 minutes on 360, and to be honest...It fell below what I was expecting from Valve. I probably would have enjoyed it more on PC, but that still wouldn't change the game play :p

I guess I was expecting it to be more Resident Evil like with a lot more suspense and terror, but overall it was still fun...especially in co-op when I'd rush away from the group and let those Boomer's or whatever they're called sticky up my friends :D

Edited by Brumak

Winters

Well, I think it's quite good for it's gameplay. You're comparing it to Half Life and Counter Strike and it's a completely different game. It has Valve all over it, it's just a different type of game play than what you're used too...

Chickenman

...especially in co-op when I'd rush away from the group and let those Boomer's or whatever they're called sticky up my friends :D

I don't want to survive a zombie apocalypse with you. At all. :p

Brumak

I guess I was expecting it to be more Resident Evil like
:p

Don't get me wrong though, it is a fun game developed by a great company, I was just hoping for some more suspenseful elements as well as the feeling that other games like Resident Evil or Parasite Eve make the player feel.

Winters

The thing is that there is a huge trend to turn away from those type of games to more multiplayer friendly and casual gamer friendly. Yes, it's bad that they're catering to the casual gamers, but casual gaming is the wave of the future. That and the game does not focus on the suspense of a zombie apoclypse but rather the teamwork. The suspense comes from it being you doing it on your own, but it isn't that suspensful if you have three people supporting you. Also, this is a more tactical shooter rather than RPG/Suspense, because it all lies in the weapons you choose, where your team is layed out, and I never thought it was marketed as a "suspense" game.

Brumak

I never actually saw any previews or anything of the sort besides posters and whatnot, so I had nothing to base my anticipations on besides my own theories and Valves' previous titles :???: I do love the teamwork (or lack of, and watching the party fall hard) and the similarities between classes like in CS. I guarantee that if I actually pick it up and sit down with it I'll find it's flaws are justified considering it's genre.

Winters

The problem is that unless you're with a buddy, it gets old FAST.

Brumak

It definitely looks like it'd get pretty old playing solo. Granted, before Left 4 Dead if I wanted a "zombie" game I'd load up CS at Office with 20 CT bots with knives only, grab a shottie, and hide in the bathroom lol. That's fun solo ;)

Winters

Yeah, but that's CS, you get a nice array of guns... but one gun I want in L4D is a Tommy, a classic Tommy (M1928 Thompson, not the M4A2 Thompsons)...

BloodyBandage

It's a great zombie game, but best zombie game of all time is still Zombies Ate My Neighbors for Super NES

Andy

That's pretty old school. lol

I had to look it up:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is a 1993 run and gun 'horror' video game for the Sega Mega Drive/Sega Genesis and Super NES platforms. This video game was originally developed, distributed and produced by LucasArts as a comical tribute to both classic and schlocky horror films of the 1950s through the 1980s. It was published by Konami.

It sounds like it's full of win already... :p

Uncle Du

Hmm, gonna have to add that to the must play list.

CorSec

^ One of the bosses is a giant baby.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.