Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

Since the 2nd game was just announced, I wanted to create this. If you haven't played the first, you really need to. Of course, it's a Microsoft game, so that might hinder some of you. gb_bluelomin.gif

Teaser trailer for #2.

IGN page

Definitely worth getting the first and playing through. Awesome story, gorgeous environments and an awesome control scheme.

Edited by TheUnknown
Added Tags; Updated Title to Encompass the Whole Series

Drake

That trailer is even stranger and bizarrer than the first.

Uncle Du

I couldn't find the actual article online yet. I just read about it in this months Game Informer. Apparently one of the Little Sisters that escaped the city at the end of the first has come back and is running the city again. She is aptly named Big Sister. In this installment, you play as a Big Daddy. As you move through the game, and harvest or save more Little Sisters, the Big Sister starts perceiving you more as a threat, and there starts to be random encounters with her. And from the sounds of it, she is a force to be reckoned with.

Put all that together in an already wicked creepy setting, and I think we may have another game of the year on our hands.

Winters

It seems like a good game but I think I've had enough with Ayn Rand and her philosophy for a lifetime.

TheUnknown

I've seen that the first Bioshock is now being packaged for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for $40. Sounds like a worthy purchase.

Uncle Du

Wow, definitely. Especially since I don't actually own either one. ;)

Uncle Du

So I remembered that I had the first game sitting in a bad some where so I pulled it out. Wasn't I surprised when I found out I had apparently not beaten it. I could have sworn I did, because I remember the ending. Ah well. Awesome friggin game. I have no idea how someone could beat that game without ever using a vita-chamber.

Tenel Ka

Bump! Happy to see a BioShock thread! What did everyone think of the second game? And is anyone playing the multiplayer (I'm really enjoying it actually)~

Uncle Du

Never did get to play the second one. I've been meaning to get it. It looks awesome. I have heard some negative things about the plot in this one. What did you think of it?

Tenel Ka

I really like it. I always hear about people not liking the plot cause it's all still in the same place and with some of the same characters and so on, but the thing is they basically did the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" thing. The first one had the right amount of suspense and action and such, and this one does as well. It's an engaging storyline and of course the graphics, soundtrack, character/enemy design and all that jazz is great.

I remember being one of the biggest skeptics about the game too! Especially concerning the storyline and the multiplayer -- I ended up loving both. You should definitely pick the game up when you get the chance! :D

Edited by Tenel Ka

Uncle Du

I'll definitely have to get it at some point. I stopped playing the first one for no reason at one point, and picked it back up over a year later only to find that I was only about an hour from the end. What an awesome story! I have to say that really, the only thing that I was disappointed with was the end boss fight. I went in there with a full load out of rockets and it whooped his ass. Other than that, it was totally challenging, and wicked suspenseful. I definitely jumped a couple times.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.