Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Kids these days...

Andy

It's just so wrong...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7889033.stm

...but, having to read children of that age group's conversations every day, I am really not surprised. Kids seem to be sex-obsessed these days. It's quite worrying.

Chickenman

It's certainly an unfortunate incident. :(

Allow me to make an inappropriate mockery out of it with the following statement:

The kid's got game.

:shifty:

James the Defender

It doesn't surprise me, either...

Chickenman

Teen pregnancy is definitely a huge problem in today's society, and kids really need to be better educated about the consequences.

Andy

I think it's giving them sex education that's the problem, lol.

We didn't seem to hear of this all the time when I was a kid, and we didn't have sex education until... until, well I don't think we ever had it. :p

Chickenman

I disagree strongly. I think without good sex education, kids have even unsafer sex. Kids are going to have sex. It's not because they learn about it in health class, it's because they see it gloried in the media (and when I say glorified, I don't mean that sexuality itself is a bad thing, far from it, it's just that it shouldn't be catered to kids.) The only way someone can make an intelligent decision about anything is by educating themselves about it.

Sex education isn't "so then you lift her leg here..." sex education is designed to teach kids the consequences, and, since they will have it anyway, how to keep themselves safe. Unfortunately you do have certain strong factions that think sex education hands them a Kama Sutra on day one.

Edited by Chickenman

Princess

Outcry over a 13 year old father? How about the fact that I regularly do pregnancy tests on 12 and 13 year old girls? I've been working when a 12 year old actually gave birth. This has been a problem for years now and the problem is people are acting like it's not a big deal and glamorizing it

Chickenman

I am wondering why this one is sparking such an outrage. I've heard about 10 year olds and younger giving birth.

Sick stuff. :(

Winters

I think it's giving them sex education that's the problem, lol.

We didn't seem to hear of this all the time when I was a kid, and we didn't have sex education until... until, well I don't think we ever had it. :p

There's a reason why you never heard about it, it's because people had shame back them, when your child got pregnant, you sent them to a nunery because they were getting "overweight..."

TheUnknown

Post hoc, ergo promter hoc, Beeurd.

Uncle Du

Nothing is going to change the way that things are now. No amount of sex education or whatever. Society has put itself on this path, and there's no going back. Barring a world wide apocalypse.

Andy

There's a reason why you never heard about it, it's because people had shame back them, when your child got pregnant, you sent them to a nunery because they were getting "overweight..."

How old do you think I am? :|

Nothing is going to change the way that things are now. No amount of sex education or whatever. Society has put itself on this path, and there's no going back. Barring a world wide apocalypse.

I love your optimism. ;)

Uncle Du

I'm a realist, what can I say. :p

All the good intentions can be torn down by one douche bag human.

Winters

How old do you think I am? :|

I don't think you're that old, you're English, so I was making a joke at your expense of that you should know about that stuff...

Princess

Let's bring back the shotgun wedding. Really make the kids pay for what they've done

TheUnknown

Right. Because forcing kids into unhappy, potentially destructive marriages and making their kids live in that environment is a great idea. (Apologies if you're being facetious. My snark radar is off).

Uncle Du

I like to play everything without a HUD, makes life more interesting. :p

It would be admirable if the kids wanted to get married and everything, but even at this point, if they wanted to, would it be the right thing? Hell, at that age, you really have no idea what love is. I'm 28 years old, and I just figured it out. :p

It's going to take a lot of support from the kids parents. And by kids, I meant the teens. Sheesh, that could get confusing.

Link

But at the same time, if we look back a few generations, if you weren't popping out kids by your teens, you were an old maid. That is all.

Has anyone seen 16 & Pregnant on MTV? It makes me want to slam my head into a wall.

Edited by Andy

Uncle Du

Look back a few generations, and did they have stupid ass shows like that? It's become a mockery, a way for people to cash in on a situation that they're not ready to handle.

Princess

I've seen it on the TV guide but I refuse to help them glamorize it by watching it

Link

Um, yes. They just weren't so.... forward.

samusaran253

Teenagers will be teenagers. How is this news? It's always been this way and always will be this way. There are always teen pregnancies because people are stupid and don't use condoms or birth control. We should make it easier for teenagers to have access to condoms.

Edited by samusaran253

Jake Durron

the thing is, that having kids that young isn't a new thing at all... in fact the general outcry about it has been happening since we all got prudish.

Now obviously when kids were marrying in the young teens they were raised to be considered adults at that time, were forced to provide for their families and didn't have as great of a life expectancy but the fact remains, until we as a society got prudish a few hundred years ago... this was socially acceptable especially in the upper classes.

Andy

It's extremely easy to get free condoms (at least in the UK). It's just a case of whether people are too embarrassed to go ask for them, or just don't understand the risks, really. I'd be surprised if they didn't understand the risks given the amount of sex education they do in school these days.

Bad furday

Oh, you kids!

http://gawker.com/5813071/nixon-scion-woos-teenage-supermarket-princess-in-worst-vows-column-ever

Read both the article AND the comments section. Especially the comments. :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.