Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Weekly Poll Number 99

Favorite gaming platform type?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TheUnknown

Well?

Consoles for me. I've never got into portables; the screen is too small and the capabilities too weak. Arcades are fun, but you can't save and have to pay for use. I just can't see playing action/sports/fighting games on the computer.

Edited by TheUnknown

Andy

Despite my vast console game collection, I would almost always pick a PC game over any of them, most of the time.

Mainly because RTS and other strategy games are my favourite type, and these are ill-suited for consoles. Also, I can't imagine FPS games and the more in-depth RPGs on consoles being as enjoyable as on PC.

The keyboard and mouse combination is a very versatile control method that is hard for consoles to beat unless the game controls remain simple.

The main advantage being the ability to have many shortcuts on a single keystroke rather than a combination of buttons on a console control pad; almost the entire left-hand side of my keyboard is configured in World of Warcraft for different functions... Including some Shift- or Alt- combinations.

To be fair to consoles though, they are traditionally more of the just pick-up-and-play for a few minutes kind of games, whereas PC games you usually get stuck on them for hours.

And handhelds are a godsend on long train journeys. :p

Edited by Andy

Ender

I used to be all for PC's, and I still play Football Manager like mad, but I've really come out to favor the console. I don't know why, but I just absolutely adore my Xbox 360 now.

Ana

None. :p Games just bore the heck outta me.

Uncle Du

I'm a console man myself, as most can probably tell by my posts in the 360 thread. :p

I agree with B about the RTS factor though. I won't even try to play an RTS port on a console. Tried that once, and it failed miserably.

I like portables, because they can definitely be the cure when sitting in the DMV for hours on end. :p

Drake

Consoles.

We'll have to wait and see how Halo Wars does. ;)

Radioactive Isotope

board games. Clue FTW. :D

Mara

PC, but only because it's the one I have used the most often and what I'm used to.

Probably have 2 hours at the most, in my entire life, in any kind of console.

Arcades can be fun, if you have A LOT of quarters, lol.

[so I just play arcade games on my PC. :D]

Uncle Du

We'll have to wait and see how Halo Wars does. ;)

February 2nd!!

board games. Clue FTW. :D

Ahh, there's a platform that wasn't thought of! ;)

Probably have 2 hours at the most, in my entire life, in any kind of console.

2 hours in your WHOLE life?! No Nintendo, nothing?! Craziness!!

Radioactive Isotope

i miss Duck Hunt on the original Nintendo NES with the little orange guns. stang, that game was awesome.

Uncle Du

I just found out that Nat has an old Nintendo. After I got her hooked on GH, she went home and plugged in her Nintendo, lol.

She said it's just not the same. :p

Mara

2 hours in your WHOLE life?! No Nintendo, nothing?! Craziness!!

Yes, I know.

But my parents never bought us one, so if I ever played it, it was at someone else's house.

Well... maybe 10 hours, at the most.

Played a little N64 last year at my sister's apartment. Otherwise, just a few minutes here and there on the original Nintendo. I suck at Mario. Really. :p

I just preferred to watch my friend beat Mario 3 in about 20 minutes. :p

Uncle Du

Yea, I had a buddy that could beat 3 in something crazy like that. I swear I wasn't even sitting there for 15 minutes, and he was done. He could do the same with Punch Out.

Mara

Mm-hmm. But it's only because her and her brothers read up on all the cheats. :p

James the Defender

Game Consoles. I've always had slow comps and I just got a high-speed internet, coming out of the paleolithic dial-up era. So consoles have been my saviors.

Andy

wow dial up. i think i remeber thatl/ actually i think we were talking about it in tje pub earlier

CorSec

Red Alert 3 on the 360 reinforced my belief that I will never play an RTS naturally without a keyboard and mouse.

Uncle Du

Just played the Halo Wars demo, and it's pretty damn good. The controls are pretty intuitive. I mean, they better be, it's an RTS made for the 360. :p

Andy

Red Alert 3 on the 360 reinforced my belief that I will never play an RTS naturally without a keyboard and mouse.

Tsk! Silly CorSec. :p

Just played the Halo Wars demo, and it's pretty damn good. The controls are pretty intuitive. I mean, they better be, it's an RTS made for the 360. :p

I'm interested to see how they do that, and whether it works as effectively as one would hope.

Uncle Du

Well, it's not like you're going to get a 360 for it. ;):p

Besides, it'll be the first ever RTS to port to a PC. ;)

Andy

If you can call Vista-based machines PCs... Unless the PC stands for Piece of Crap.

Uncle Du

Well, they ain't Macs...which are better any way. ;) :p

Andy

Pfft, I haven't been corrupted by the Dark side that is Apple yet... They won't get me without a fight! :p

Uncle Du

The Dark Side is more fun...we have cookies. ;)

Andy

Actually, the Mac users in my office never have cookies... So you're lying! :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.