Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Something that would be cool

TheUnknown

It would be cool to have a real time strategy game set during the Clone Wars. What do you think. They could also expand it to a franchise to cover, for example, the Yuuzhan Vong war, the Great Sith war, the Mandalorian War, etc.

Mara

Hmm.... could be interesting, if done right. Focusing on certain planets, cities, etc.

Drake

They did that already. It was called Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns. :p

Uncle Du

That was an RTS?

Drake

Yes. It was built on the same engine used by Age of Empires. It was released in 2001 and the expansion in 2002 so an updated game would be cool. However, my point is that there is such a game in existence. :p

Chickenman

Yeah, but like Age of Empires there was too much focus on resource gathering and such.

Empire at War was much better, but still felt...I dunno. It's not what I had hoped.

Mara

Yes. It was built on the same engine used by Age of Empires. It was released in 2001 and the expansion in 2002 so an updated game would be cool. However, my point is that there is such a game in existence. :p

But only for the Clone Wars. :p

For some of the other ones, it would be cool.

[Age of Empires rocks.]

Drake

Yes, the Clone Campaigns was only the Clone Wars, lol.

Chickenman

Yeah, Mara. The clone wars was the expansion pack. The original didn't have the clone wars at all. :p

Ben Saiy

They have a real-time strategy game, not Clone Wars Era, but Post-Empire/New-Republic Era called Star wars Combine, I play, if you join contact Barit Horn

Andy

I know of SWC, but I never really got into it. I wouldn't call it an RTS though, not in the traditional sense anyway.

And welcome to GB. :)

CorSec

I spent untold hours with GB and GB:CC. Unfortunately they weren't much besides an AoE:II re-skin.

The problem is most of their prequel titles have been mediocre at best. I'd love for Lucasarts to explore the universe beyond the movies further, especially since some of their most well-received titles have featured characters and settings beyond movie canon.

Winters

It'll never happen because it's a nich market...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.