Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

The Republic Commando Series

CorSec

Looks like the game.

Game looks like a team-based Metroid Prime. Which would be good.

Doubt I'll buy it. Like most Prequel EU.

TheUnknown

*Gasp* No one has read this one? I thought at least Janson would try it out.

Chickenman

Reading it now.

Tis very good, except for one thing that bothers me.

The charachters, except Darman, are really 2 dimensional. Even applying stereotypes, like "the Joker" "the silent, brooding, explosives guy" "the sniper" and "the wiseass" would make it much better.

Ender

*Gasp* No one has read this one? I thought at least Janson would try it out.

Havent picked it up yet. Want to, but I'm buried deep in Jeff Shaara's new book now...

Chickenman

Okay, I've recently been obsessivly playing Republic Commando, and flipped through the book again, just to try to remember some stuff.

The book kicked ass. Read it. Now.

Drake

I read it at the beginning of summer. Excellent book. I can't wait for the next one!

Announcing Republic Commando: Triple Zero

June 08, 2005

Fans of hard-hitting specialty-clone military literary action have reason to cheer as author Karen Traviss is set to continue the Republic Commando adventures (inspired by LucasArts' Star Wars Republic Commando video game) in a new mass market paperback due for release in spring 2006.

Star Wars Republic Commando: Triple Zero - the sequel to Star Wars Republic Commando: Hard Contact - is set a year after the battle of Geonosis, and follows the continuing missions of Omega Squad. As the Clone Wars casualties mount, the commandos find themselves deployed on increasingly dangerous missions that take them beyond the battlefield and further into sabotage and intelligence operations in the heart of Separatist territory. Newly-promoted Jedi Generals Etain Tur-Mukan and Bardan Jusik are also catapulted into front line combat roles and find themselves identifying strongly with the clone soldiers under their command, who turn out to be anything but predictable cannon fodder.

Omega Squad survives a close brush with disaster to end up in the most potentially dangerous hot spot in the galaxy - pursuing a Separatist terror group in the skylanes and underworld of Coruscant itself, known as Triple Zero in the Grand Army's slang because its galactic chart co-ordinates are 000. And, as any soldier knows, urban operations on your own turf can be the most deadly of all. So it's just as well that Omega Squad find themselves working with Delta Squad, and teamed up again with Etain and Jusik - as well as their legendary training sergeant Kal Skirata, and his secret military intelligence unit of "Null" ARC troopers, the black ops team that even the Kaminoans thought were too dangerous to unleash. It's a critical mission unlike anything any of them have ever tackled - and it tests their friendship and courage to the limit.

Coruscant...Delta Squad...Kal Skirata...black ops ARCs...I CAN'T WAIT!!

Drake

I'm gonna change this to a general RC novel thread...for both the books...and the short story (which I have yet to read)...and comics (if any).

Chickenman

I read it at the beginning of summer. Excellent book. I can't wait for the next one!

Announcing Republic Commando: Triple Zero

June 08, 2005

Fans of hard-hitting specialty-clone military literary action have reason to cheer as author Karen Traviss is set to continue the Republic Commando adventures (inspired by LucasArts' Star Wars Republic Commando video game) in a new mass market paperback due for release in spring 2006.

Star Wars Republic Commando: Triple Zero - the sequel to Star Wars Republic Commando: Hard Contact - is set a year after the battle of Geonosis, and follows the continuing missions of Omega Squad. As the Clone Wars casualties mount, the commandos find themselves deployed on increasingly dangerous missions that take them beyond the battlefield and further into sabotage and intelligence operations in the heart of Separatist territory. Newly-promoted Jedi Generals Etain Tur-Mukan and Bardan Jusik are also catapulted into front line combat roles and find themselves identifying strongly with the clone soldiers under their command, who turn out to be anything but predictable cannon fodder.

Omega Squad survives a close brush with disaster to end up in the most potentially dangerous hot spot in the galaxy - pursuing a Separatist terror group in the skylanes and underworld of Coruscant itself, known as Triple Zero in the Grand Army's slang because its galactic chart co-ordinates are 000. And, as any soldier knows, urban operations on your own turf can be the most deadly of all. So it's just as well that Omega Squad find themselves working with Delta Squad, and teamed up again with Etain and Jusik - as well as their legendary training sergeant Kal Skirata, and his secret military intelligence unit of "Null" ARC troopers, the black ops team that even the Kaminoans thought were too dangerous to unleash. It's a critical mission unlike anything any of them have ever tackled - and it tests their friendship and courage to the limit.

Coruscant...Delta Squad...Kal Skirata...black ops ARCs...I CAN'T WAIT!!

*Begins crying*

I'm just so...so HAPPY!!!! :puppydogeyes:

Princess

Came out about a month ago, I'm about 2/3 of the way through it right now, anyone else reading it?

Princess

Wow. Just wow. I was wondering if it was going to end how it did, and it sort of did. Now I wonder if there's going to be another book because you were left hanging about some of the characters fate.

I just about cried when Etain died when her and Dar and the gang were about to leave for Mandalore. And what happened to Sev on Kashyyk? Is he still alive? Are Dar and Niner going to be able to desert with everyone else?

I thought that this book actually left too many unanswered questions

Drake

*spoils himself despite not having finished Triple Zero*

To answer your question about Sev...no one really knows. It occured during the final mission in the Republic Commando game. You and your team go through a Wookiee city, killing Geonosians and droids. A Separatist cruiser comes down to obliterate the city so you have to split up the team, one-by-one, to man turbolaser turrets around the city. Sev splits off first to man his gun, followed by Scorch and Fixer. When you finally take down the ship, everyone comes back to you except for Sev, who shouts over the comm about being under attack. Then the transmission dies and you get ordered for evac.

Chickenman

20081015.jpg

:D

Chickenman

Just finished Triple Zero. Was a damned fine book. I liked to see the commandos in a counterterrorist role. Was kind of interesting to see a Star Wars take on the dominant issue of today's world. And on top of that it kicked ass.

I seem to remember liking Hard Contatct a little more, but it was awhile ago, so who knows.

Etain got a tough break. I usually don't empathize with characters that much, but I did with Etain. That really sucked.

Anyway, I can't wait to read True Colors.

Princess

I just started reading 501st tonight. Anyone else read it? I knew that the series couldn't end after Order 66.

Master Hayes

I haven't had a chance to go pick 501st up yet. So far the rest of that series has been great and I'm looking forward to reading 501st.

Princess

Unfortunately 501st is going to be the last book in the series. There was a major disagreement between Karen Traviss and Lucasfilm that made it unable for her to write the final book

Master Hayes

That's to bad, I've enjoyed her work in the SW universe. :???:

Princess

Apparently the cartoon was changing the history and the timeline to make Mandalorians pacifists which totally clashes with the entire culture that she's written. George Lucas ruining it again

Drake

Pacifists? That's a complete 180 turnaround from the accepted norm.

I hope that cartoon fails even more than it already is.

Princess

http://karentraviss.typepad.com/blog/2009/12/sooty-and-a-clean-sweep.html

That explains what's happening

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.