Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Galaxy RPG?

Galaxy Nations RP Thingy  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Andy

Yeah, well I decided that last time I was pretty much acting like a dictator over the whole thing, and thought maybe it would work better if people created their own inter-planetary nations.

There could be RP elements where people from the nations interact, stories where we detail events specific to our nations... and stuff.

So basically it's a nations RP. But bigger.

This time you can create your own race/nation/history/etc. lol

Thoughts and ideas?

Edited by Andy

Winters

*mind melts*

Genius idea... I want in! I want a Roman system that kicks the Greek systems arse all the time!!!

Chickenman

Or....OR...we could not base every single thing on something historic. :p

I'm up for it. Especially since I suggested an RPG version of Paradigm years ago. ;)

Mara

So it's kind of like Risk-ish?

Andy

*mind melts*

Genius idea... I want in! I want a Roman system that kicks the Greek systems arse all the time!!!

Because that makes sense... :p

Err, yeah, but nothing like it. :p

Winters

Well, there needs to be a clearly way to engage in combat and set diplomatic precidences so that way it won't be giant

"Oh yeah, Well, I bring in five billion soldiers with Hawks that shoot lasers from their eyes that go through anything."

Not to mention there needs to be economies, and the most important part, military regulation because then you might end up having an entire planet of soldiers and that wouldn't be productive... This needs to be bigger than Risk, this needs to be Civilizations... or even Spore!

Chickenman

I'm thinking about doing what Beeurd originally tried with Paradigm, set up a universe, you know, star systems, factions, etc.

And then just write adventures within that world.

Mara

Err, yeah, but nothing like it. :p

Well, I'm just trying to make sense of with an analogy. :p

Chickenman

Well, you're failing.

And the penalty is...DEATH!

:p

Mara

Chair or injection?

Andy

Guillotine. :p

Drake

Drawn and quartered.

Mara

Guillotine. :p

Ooh, crunchy.

Andy

Anyways. I'll add a poll.

Ooh, maybe we could have like a whole galaxy each and come up with the ability to travel between them, etc. Just so we don't have to come up with a galaxy map and divide it up fairly. :p

Edited by Andy

Winters

That actually sounds great because then we can do whatever we want and get away with it... oh... this sounds so much fun... fun!

Chickenman

I'm not quite so keen on each of us having our own personal faction.

I think it would be kinda cool to just set up a very general background to the galaxy, and expand upon it through our writing. Kinda like how in ANH, you have, what, three planets? 2 of which they actually visit? And then slowly, over time, the galaxy was fleshed out through the EU, and now has hundreds (thousands?) of identified planets. *shrug*

Winters

Honestly, I think a single galaxy with each of us getting a system each and going from there sounds good and was my original understanding.

Chickenman

I think that's what it's mean to be.

However I think the idea of us each getting our own star system/galaxy/universe/reality/whatever is going to leave little room for any real reaction and would just be a practice in isolation or competition. But whatever.

Change my vote from Yay to Maybe, I guess.

Winters

Well, honestly, I want do master trade... because my civ will be a very war like people who love money, therefore do a lot of conquest and trade...

Chickenman

How are you going to simulate trade in a forum RPG though? Without it becoming mind bendingly boring?

And how do you keep the civilizations that are (let's use your example) war-like and love money, from getting in god-modding matches with each other?

"We run a great econony, so we're rich."

"But we're richer."

"No if I get richer than you!"

"We'll settle it in a war!"

"Fine...I win this battle."

"But at the last second, I win the battle, and then next 7 as well, putting you on the defensive!"

"That's why I build a superweapon!"

"How come you get to have a superweapon?"

"Because my civilization is richer!"

Andy

We'll have to work together to make sure it's sensible. :p

And the galaxy each thing was just something I was throwing out there. It made less sense after I thought about it overnight. lol

Chickenman

It's an interesting idea, I'll give it that. It's just...being able to simulate all the minutiae of how a civilization works...and make it into an entertaining story...we'll see I suppose. :p

Winters

Ok, in defense of my rich war-like people.

1). Superweapons are worthless, because my people are ground fighters.

2). Wealth is more than just in the government. The US was rich, but it wouldn't have the money and time to build a Death Star... the money for my people would be from trade, not conquest, therefore the money would be in the people, not the government.

And also important, set calcuations need to be done as how a battle is won/lost. Certain games (so that way we can influence the battle like a General would) or such can be played to see who'd win and how many soldiers would live and how many are injured. Same thing can be done for economy.

Andy

1). Superweapons are worthless, because my people are ground fighters.

What a co-incidence, my people are troop-carrier destroyers! ;)

Winters

*sigh...* We need to fix this so that way one civ won't over balance the other... your people may be troop-carrier destroyers, but then.. and so on an so on...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.