Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

The Fate of our Mutants

We're going back...to the future!  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Drake

Okay guys, we got pretty far with this RP but then suddenly stopped, with only a couple people sporadically posting since. I just wanted to touch base and figure out why and also if anyone had any ideas for reviving this RP.

Personally, to start, I kinda feel like the whole day-to-day school angle is kinda monotonous. Sure, the youth thing is great and the interactions between the characters is fun...but finding things to do throughout the day, interspersed between various classes and whatnot, is tricky and almost makes for too much work.

I was thinking that perhaps an alternative would be to jump ahead several years...or keep it the same year and just alter everything so that, instead of being teens, the characters are adults...fully realized X-Men in control of their powers. Instead of the day-to-day, we would go on missions around the world. It would be more akin to the Revenant RP in that respect. In between missions there would be ample time for interpersonal character development and goofing off and whatnot, lol.

If we do this, we could, essentially, rewrite whatever history or character info we want...get rid of whatever characters we may not care for anymore and/or create new ones, etc.

What does everyone else think? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Edited by Drake

Vergere

I know I'd like, in a sense, to start over but not. I like Kelly and Lance, but would most likely drop the other two. While interesting in theory, I didn't like them. Kelly and Lance, on the other hand, had a pretty good duo going and I enjoyed dealing with them on a daily basis.

From experience, I am one to prefer a huge time jump in which, now that I know the characters, I can mature them instantly and have a much better experience with them. From what we've done, I know who they are... but at the same time have someone completely new. Perhaps darker, perhaps wiser, whatnot, although with a similar personality to that I've already discovered. So my vote would be to have a larger jump and, OOC, decide what's become of them, who knows who, and who is on what side. Because having already met, they'll have already decided who they interact with the most.

So my vote is a large time jump with us discussing what might have happened in the world or their respective groups so that we know how to base our characters history up to that point. I'm getting bored with this daily stuff - nothing is really happening besides a lot of idle chatter.

Chickenman

I like it as is.

Ayingel

i wouldn't mind a huge jump, either. just to move it along...we've introduced most of our characters enough to keep the characterization to what we wanted it to be. i wouldn't mind dumping my non-mutant as a main character (maybe someone's random interaction if need be). i'd really like to keep the rp going, and if that's the way to do it, i don't mind one bit.

another thought...it may not need to be several years...why not make it five years later, just out of high school...so they have that camaraderie of having been together for a long time?

Drake

"Several" was just a general term between a few and a bunch. :p

We can decide on the exact time once we get a clear idea of everyone's stance on the matter.

Andy

I like it as it is too.

However, we could come up with some major event to spur both sides into action?

Ayingel

boiiiiiiioooooooooooize.

Drake

Um...what?

Vergere

Without most people having had any training, it's kinda hard to do any action without everyone blowing each other up due to uncontrolled magic and thus having noone to work with. They don't need to be killing each other - or themselves - from not having control of their powers.

As it stands, I'm bored with the rp, and have been rather happy that nothing's gone on because of that. While I don't mind continuing to rp there, if the way we've been going about it keeps up (and i'm not referring to the lack of posting) I'm likely to just throw in my cards and focus on Rev. Half because I'm busy, half because I don't feel like fooling with xmen idylly chatting and experimenting.

Edit: I think Ayingel's comment was 'boys' drawn out. In that, the two people to go against a time jump were both guys who didn't do much RPing in the rp before we stopped. :p

Edited by Marking Twain

Drake

I think that jumping ahead roughly 4-5 years is a good idea. This way you still have relatively young mutants, not yet fully masters of their power but skilled enough to fight and go on missions. They would be out of school which frees up a lot of idle time and thought (we seemed to spend too much effort on coordinating classes and teachers) and since they would essentially be our age at that point, they would be relatively easier to write for. I know that I, for one, seem to have mental blocked most of high school. :p

Another thing I wouldn't mind doing is expanding this to encompass the Marvel Universe as a whole while still focusing on our X-Men. Meaning there would be missions involving, say, the Fantastic Four or the Avengers or Spiderman, etc. Perhaps we can wrangle more people to join in that way. *shrug*

About Chicken and Andy's comments...what say we finish this day with a bang. Silas needs saving so how about we have both teams try to get to him and have a little faceoff at the end? Then we can properly introduce Chicken's character, show off everyone's powers and leave off on a high note before jumping ahead.

Ayingel

sry....i was drinking last night....

*scratches head* he he...

Rogue

Sounds good to me. We'll finish up this day and do a time jump. So everyone can figure out what they wanted to happen with their characters. You can drop characters you don't want anymore, create new ones. But we'll stay in the same place.

If people want to keep characters in the school setting too, I don't see why we can't have some 'Junior Xmen' still in the school system and undergoing training from the others.

Vergere

I'm thinking if anything, I want to trade out some people.

Andy

Can we make it 2 or 3 years, not 4 or 5?

Drake

I would push towards the 3 year jump rather than the 2...just because I want to get away from the school thing. The less of that the better, imo.

If there are going to be junior members still at school, as Rogue has said, we may want to consider making them more secondary characters just because we should focus more on the missions.

Hmm...or perhaps seperate threads? I know the idea was brought up once for the Revs. Something like an RP chat thread for those left behind so that their own character development can continue while the team is off blowing stuff up.

Rogue

We'll make a poll of it!

Drake

We'll make a poll of your face!

Andy

I voted. 2 years seems to be popular at the moment.

Danny & Chase would be 19, and I might make Calvin 17 rather than 18.

Ayingel

yeah, i'd adjust lila's age if we went with two too...

hee hee...tutu...

Mara

I actually prefer the way it is now, myself.

But I would be all for moving it along a bit faster. You know, maybe have it each day be weeks apart, instead of just a couple days.

We wouldn't have to completely focus on school, even though some of the characters are school-aged.

Also... I feel moving ahead like this and having no one major at school any longer, would put the non-mutant characters in a bit of a situation.

But... if this jump would allow me to add in Nadia, that would be cool.

Maybe we could just jump ahead to summer? Then school wouldn't be a problem.

Andy

Maybe we could just jump ahead to summer? Then school wouldn't be a problem.

Why didn't anyone else think of that? lol

Mara

Ha. :p

I mean, I understand the need to want to go on missions and have battles and whatnot, but I don't see how they all need to be adults to do so.

Part of the fun and interest, to me, is the fact that some are being trained. What's the point of jumping ahead 4-5 years, adding in more, new "junior" characters in school, when we already have some?

Let's just move about a year ahead, into summer... mostly to give a chance for some of the characters to have more interaction (some have had more than others, some are more developed than others). Maybe by the time falls rolls around again, school will have been forgotten due to some mass invasion of baddies vs the good guys.

Plus.. I think it would be simpler to just stay X-men, and not go full-Marvel.

Andy

And yeah, I don't know much about the rest of Marvel. The Ironman film was awesome, but Spiderman and Fantastic Four all suck. Incredible Hulk was okay.

Drake

Well I would imagine it's a good thing they wouldn't be based off the crappy movies.

Rogue

What's the point of jumping ahead 4-5 years, adding in more, new "junior" characters in school, when we already have some?

We're going to be purposefully making more? GASP. You know what happens when you assume.

Let's just move about a year ahead, into summer... mostly to give a chance for some of the characters to have more interaction (some have had more than others, some are more developed than others). Maybe by the time falls rolls around again, school will have been forgotten due to some mass invasion of baddies vs the good guys.

Yes, a mass invasion of baddies is what everyone planned. Forget the Brotherhood of Mutants we've been building. Yup. They're just there for comedic relief :p

Plus.. I think it would be simpler to just stay X-men, and not go full-Marvel.

Well you see, the thing about Xmen is that it ALWAYS overlaps Marvel. Like how Nick Fury and SHIELD get involved with everything. And characters like Tony Stark and Deadpool constantly work with the Xmen.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.