Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TyranaRaptor

The Clone Wars (TV)

TyranaRaptor

Just saw the premier of the T.V Series. I have to say, I enjoyed the episode that Master Yoda was in. It's always good to see the little green guy, and he was completely like the version in the movies. The bits with the clones were good as well, but the changed voice was kind of unnverving. And dont even get me started on the damn droid voices.

Edited by Andy
Renamed thread

Tsl

the tv series premiered already? cartoon network I'm guessing? I'll have to check it out when I gets my cable hooked up

Mara

Damn, I thought it was this coming Friday.

Maybe there'll be reruns.

Drake

Okay so I'm really liking the show. It's much better than the movie was (mostly for lack of Jabba's retarded son). The only gripe I really have are the voices of the gorram battle droids! ARRRRRRRGH!!! They sound and act like bleeding MORONS!

That said, they started the series off well. It was a Yoda-centric episode that showcased everything awesome about the little green dude. From his fighting skills to his age-old wisdom to his uber Force powers. They really nailed the character perfectly.

The second episode featured Plo Koon. We finally get to hear him talk! His voice is badass and really fits the character. Anakin and Ahsoka are back and we get to see Grievous once again. The only downfall, again, was the stupid-ass droids. *facepalm* Really...if they weren't so damn annoying, this show would be great. For now, though, it's moderately entertaining.

Andy

That said, they started the series off well. It was a Yoda-centric episode that showcased everything awesome about the little green dude. From his fighting skills to his age-old wisdom to his uber Force powers. They really nailed the character perfectly.

Apart from his voice? ;)

Drake

And how he looks, yeah. It's almost like it was a cartoon and they couldn't get the original actors to do the voices or something.

:roll:

Chickenman

I agree, I just watched the first couple of episodes, and they're much improved over the movie.

Yoda's episode was brilliant, again, aside from those damned battle droids. Do ten year olds really laugh at this kind of humor?It's like these Battle Droids should be riding the short troop carrier every day. The orders the droids give and act out are fundamentally stupid, making this less a war and more a squirt gun fight against the kid down the street, provided the kid happens to be born of his father and his father's sister. The droids are supposed to be the enemy, and in that case, you're supposed to feel like the good guy can actually get hurt. You can't be afraid of these droids. Even the Super Battle Droids, which were supposed to fix that...nope. I pray they don't make the Destroyer Droids talk, because that's the only thing the Jedi are afraid of and will retreat from.

That said, Yoda's interaction with the clones was absolutely perfect. Especially the scene in the cave. Also got his fight style perfect. I was really looking forward to a duel between him and Ventress though. :( It was a good episode.

I liked the second episode a bit better.

Again, finally got to hear Plo Koon speak, and it was awesome. The Separatists are working on some Super Weapon that actually turns out to be a glorified ion cannon, but it's kinda cool in that you can see that they're slowly developing Death Star technology in the firing mechanism. Or whatever.

Really liked how Plo Koon and his troopers were just left to adrift in space, hoping against hope that they could evade the enemy, who was hunting down the escape pods one by one. The battle droids actually weren't horrible in this episode, but still, that tense scene I just described, of being adrift and awaiting death...isn't nearly as tense when you're enemy is made up of dumbasses.

Definite room for improvement, but tremendous improvement over the movie. :)

Drake

I was also hoping for a fight between Yoda and Ventress...but really, Yoda would have taken her down. I loved how it turned out, though. He didn't have to resort to clashing lightsabers with her. The Force was all he needed to keep her down.

Mara

I thought the film and the first couple of episodes were supposed to be the same? The way I heard it.

But it sound like the show is actually a continuation, eh.

Chickenman

I think the movie will be broken down into 3 episodes or something later. It would suck to have a movie and then show those same exact episodes as the season premiere.

Mara

Ahhh. Yeah, probably.

Hopefully they'll rerun those first two episodes. I'll have to check the TV schedule.

Andy

There are three certainties in life: Death, taxes, and re-runs. :p

Mara

Haha... true.

If I just remember to watch the rest of them on time, I shouldn't be too confused. :p

Chickenman

Pretty cool episode tonight. I really liked seeing Anakin leading a squadron in battle, wrestling with command decisions, losing the men under his command, realizing he was wrong, letting Grievous and the weapon slip through his fingers. Was just a pretty powerful episode for Anakin.

I wasn't sure about the Y-Wings at first, whether they should be introduced quite this early, but they're supposed to be ancient in ANH, so I guess this works.

The part with the giant mantas that inhabit the nebula was a little farfetched, but eh.

Best of all (even better than all that stuff I liked about Anakin's inner struggle thing) was that the battle droids finally shut the ewok up. Maybe the production team realized how bad the movie and first episode were and got their s*** together for this one. I certainly hope so. Even so, it's GL's fault for making such craptastic villains in the first place.

But yeah, great episode.

Mara

I realized when I got home Friday night, I had forgotten to tape it. Again.

Oh well. :p

I'll see 'em, eventually.

Chickenman

I didn't catch last night's, but I will say the one before that was pretty awesome. No Jedi for this, it was just clones vs. droid commandos. They actually made the droids a threat this time, though they did occasionally lapse back into their standard droid retardation. But they were at least competent, if a little more than that. Liked seeing Rex again. Rex is a cool dude. Him and Cody made a pretty good team and the rookies learned that war is hell. I guess in that respect it was a little grittier than, say, Anakin leaping from STAP to STAP in the middle of a battle as part of a race to see who could get to the top of the mountain first. (Though I'll admit, that was kinda cool. :p)

Mara

My sister tried to get me to watch this past Friday, because apparently R2 was a focus in it. :p

Chickenman

Yeah. Apparently the little guy is getting a trilogy of episodes or something. Dunno. Still need to watch it, lol.

As much as I love R2, the plot of a boy trying to find his lost droid has very little appeal. Give me some more bombing runs and commando raids, Clone Wars. :p

Mara

Violence beats sob story, always.

Tsl

I've finally gotten to see a few eps. It's not horrible. The voice actors seem to have improved if they were really as bad as they sounded in the movie's commercials. Practice makes perfect, maybe? The voice actor for Asoka is still pretty bad though...holy crap where do they find these people?

So far, much of the action and plot.....and dialogue are rehashes of the original trilogy, lol.

Chickenman

So I'm catching up on episodes, and the series seems to be a little with each episode.

One thing that I'm disliking is how it's a kid's series, but they're tackling a subject like war (specifically the Clone Wars, which are an element of Star Wars that I love) so instead of an actual gritty war story, we're usually getting a lesson about friendship or some-such.

But it's not quite so bad. General Grievous totally stabbed a guy through the chest in cold blood in the last episode I saw, and the series creators aren't afraid to kill off some clones each episode, a la redshirts.

They're also actually using tactics, which again, I like. An episode or two ago, Anakin lured Grievous into an asteroid field, gambling that Greivous would go in with shields full forward, leaving their flank exposed, depending on the asteroids to protect them from reinforcements. So Anakin instead dropped a fleet of walkers on one of the asteroids, and blasted the Sep ships from their aft. Definitely not the soundest of strategies, but enough to keep me happy.

The series is starting to remind me more and more of the old Starship Troopers cartoon, probably because of the music during battle scenes, but hey, any comparison to Roughnecks is high praise. If this series can be anything like the military sci fi cgi cartoon that Roughnecks was, again, I'll be a happy camper.

I'll close this by saying that Artoo was bad ass in the last couple of episodes. First taking on an IG assassin droid, and then taking on another astromech while the station he was on exploded around them.

Chickenman

Catching up on the last couple of episodes from the first season and it's really not that bad a show. But what's pissing me off is the complete disregard for preestablished canon. I was kind of expecting them to ewok it up, but...gah!

Andy

complete disregard for preestablished canon.

Yeah I heard Leland Chee of Lucas Licensing isn't having a great time maintaining the LucasFilm holocron for that time period. lol

Chickenman

I was hoping they could maybe keep the series to the last few months of the war, but apparently it takes place about a year in, maybe less. And I also love how this children's cartoon is receiving a higher canon status that Timothy Zahn novels and the like. :roll:

Radioactive Isotope

so send an angry letter to Lucasfilm or whomever is deciding these things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.