Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Chickenman

The Daily Show

Chickenman

The Daily Show's been even better than usual this past week.

Jon's Rosh Hashanah Rant

^Skip to 6:15 for one of the greatest things Jon Stewart has ever done.

Hosting Duties

^Hi-Larious

Ender

The show this week was just ewoking epic. Jon's been so angry over the financial crisis and all that, he's just been brilliant. And Bill Maher was great as always.

Chickenman

It's consistently one of the best shows on television, but I don't know...something to into them this week and gave them an extra jump

I cannot wait for their debate coverage.

Princess

Is it sad that I take this more seriously than cable "news"?

Drake

Cable news...scratch that...American cable news is disgustingly slanted and biased. I can't watch it for more than five minutes without wanting to yell at the TV. The Daily Show is biased as well, of course, since it's satirical, but you know it's a joke. In the humour, you are able to glean the facts. The Colbert Report is the same even though he purposely puts a Conservative bias on it, as part of the act.

When news puts too much emphasis on opinions rather than actual reporting, something is very wrong.

Princess

I agree with you Drake. By pointing out the absurdity of it, I think that Stewart manages to get a better point across. Like during the Anthony Weiner scandal, he actually did a wheel of C***blocked stories that none of the other news networks were reporting on

Drake

I think it was in Allies that Christie Golden commented on such a thing through Perre Needmo. He talked about how every other news network was focusing on ratings and forgetting what actual reporting was all about. I believe she was making a comment on the current state of American media and I couldn't have agreed with her more. I don't have the book with me on my travels so won't be able to look for the excerpt until Sunday. If someone can find it before me, I would love to read it again.

Princess

Jon has been wonderful lately, as usual

Princess

Jon Stewart has been off all summer and John Oliver has been doing a great job as a guest host

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.