Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Poll #96 - Phone Wars!

Phone Wars  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Drake

Are you asking which we have or which we like more?

Neither for both questions. :p

TheUnknown

Neither. Don't care.

Mara

Neither.

What happened to just getting a phone, to be a phone? :p

Chickenman

Psh. You know when phones were just phones?

Last century.

Mara

If I want to surf the web, I'll use a computer.

If I want to make a call, I'll use a phone.

:p

Chickenman

Ah, not in the "there are better things online than in class/work" camp then?

Mara

Huh?

Chickenman

Phones that can browse the web provide an excellent distraction for the class. Or work. :p

Winters

AGJ:HAOUWH:UH!!!

iPHONE EVIL!!!!

Andy

What the hell? lol

Radioactive Isotope

Phones that can browse the web provide an excellent distraction for the class. Or work. :p

which is one reason i don't have one. another reason being they're so fecking expensive. really i think the only people who *need* a phone like that are business people who travel a lot and don't want to lug a laptop around everywhere they go. other than someone like that, those phones are just toys.

TheUnknown

AGJ:HAOUWH:UH!!!

Was that a sneeze?

Drake

I think Winters was expressing his irrational displeasure with Mac products. It's doubtful that he's ever sat down and used one.

Uncle Du

So wait, I'm the only one that voted iPhone? Now, for the people that voted G1, is this because it's a Google product or just cause you hate Macs? Because unless you've actually used an iPhone, you really don't know what you're missing. I didn't vote G1, just cause I haven't had a chance to use one yet, and I own an iPhone. And while people will say, I'll just use a computer for internet and a phone for calling, calling and browsing doesn't encompass the full functionality of the iPhone (or the G1 I'm sure).

These devices are the handiest of tools to have around. From Google Maps on the go and music at your fingertips, these things aren't just phones or PDA's any more, they're tools that you can use for school, work and play.

I'm a tech gadget geek, gimme a break. ;) If I was rich, I would buy a G1 just to have it. :p

Tsl

neither...too expensive

*huggles her LG chocolate 3*

Mara

The other day I used my friend's Blackberry so we could check the venue map to see where our seats were.. and, seriously.. I would rather surf the web on a computer. Much faster, and bigger screen.

And I know the iPhone can do "more" than just call and use the interweb. But I don't really have use for a Swiss army phone. Yes, some do. (And probably some who don't still own one). But I don't. I'm perfectly happy with my CD player and radio for music. And using my computer for all internet-related things. I just don't have a reason to carry all that crap with me on a phone.

But I am already on a computer at work. :p

Andy

The other day I used my friend's Blackberry so we could check the venue map to see where our seats were.. and, seriously.. I would rather surf the web on a computer. Much faster, and bigger screen.

Presumably you didn't have a computer with you, so really the BlackBerry came in quite handy. :p

Mara

Presumably you didn't have a computer with you, so really the BlackBerry came in quite handy. :p

Yeah, but it was just a curiosity. We didn't NEED to know where our seats were. Since it already said "main floor standing room only" on the tickets. :p So conceivably we'd be in the front near the stage.

Andy

So you're complaining about the convenience then? ;)

Rogue Lead

I am completely Apple free and proud of it! :D

As for the G1....

I'm one of the "a phone is to make calls, not replace your laptop" variety...

Andy

What if you don't have a laptop? :p

Chickenman

So wait, I'm the only one that voted iPhone? Now, for the people that voted G1, is this because it's a Google product or just cause you hate Macs? Because unless you've actually used an iPhone, you really don't know what you're missing. I didn't vote G1, just cause I haven't had a chance to use one yet, and I own an iPhone. And while people will say, I'll just use a computer for internet and a phone for calling, calling and browsing doesn't encompass the full functionality of the iPhone (or the G1 I'm sure).

These devices are the handiest of tools to have around. From Google Maps on the go and music at your fingertips, these things aren't just phones or PDA's any more, they're tools that you can use for school, work and play.

I'm a tech gadget geek, gimme a break. ;) If I was rich, I would buy a G1 just to have it. :p

I used to be one of the idiots who had Microsoft/Mac/whatever other OS arguments. Then I realized that they're all sucky companies, and I grew up.

Like, really...you're going to argue about a pretty sweet phone because of a retarded flame war played out across the internet by people that want to sound intelligent, but aren't, so they latch onto the latest fad to prove how tech-savvy they are. Seriously. Grow up. They're goddamned companies. You are arguing over whether McDonalds or Burger King has tastier hamburgers.

I voted G1 because I hear it has a weird GPS/Compass built into it. Rawr, said the camper in me. :p

Andy

I voted to G1 because it looks nicer. Also, I already use a lot of Google products and you can link your G1 to your Google account so you can use all your handy Googleystuff.

I already have Google Maps and Google Mail applications on my phone (Sony Ericsson K850i) and it is pretty handy, lol, and must work so much better when integrated properly with the phone software.

I wouldn't use an iPhone as an iPod anyway... I like having my iPod separate. lol

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

I don't particularly like having them separate.

I once worked on a bit about how nothing made me feel like more of a spoiled, good for nothing, 21st century teenager than walking down the street with an iPod and my cell phone rings. God forbid that ever happens in front of a homeless man. There's no way you can say "No, I do not have spare change" with an iPod in one hand and a cell phone in the other.

I stopped working on said bit when I realized a) Wasn't particularly funny, b) iPhone erases that problem, c) Why are the homeless always my punchline? :???: :p

Edited by Chickenman

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.