Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Terminator: Salvation

Andy

With a US release date of 22nd May 2009, Terminator: Salvation will be the third big screen sequel to the 1984 science fiction classic The Terminator.

After the terrible let-down that was Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines I am slightly apprehensive about this film, and I'm not even sure if Christian Bale is the right person to play the story's hero John Connor as he leads Tech-Com in the fight against Skynet.

The film is apparently set in 2018, long before the 2029 date when the first T-800 was sent back to 1984 to kill Sarah Connor, and will touch on the creation of the T-800 series. Although Arnold Schwarzenegger will not be appearing due to his commitments as governor of California, another Austrian bodybuilder--Roland Kickinger--who has played Schwarzenegger in the past will be taking on the challenge of portraying the first T-800.

What are your thoughts on this film?

If it is better than T3 I will be happy. lol, although that wouldn't be hard...

They would be hard-pushed to ever to T2 though. It's one of my favourite films.

TheUnknown

At least it's not another "Let's send the Arnie model back to the past to fight a clearly superior model even though they said no one else could go back."

Andy

Bale actually looks okay, but if he talks in his stupid Batman voice the whole film I won't be impressed...

Chickenman

Christian Bale is the goddamn man.

Drake

New trailer!

Andy

That's thew one I posted a link to ages ago... :p

TheUnknown

1. I hate how they're retconning here.

2. At the end: It's a Transformer!

Andy

Terminator is all about retcons though, what with the time travel and such. ;)

And yeah, I am a bit put off by Megatron appearing at the end there... Oh, and Christian John Batman Connor Bale's annoying voice.

Chickenman

Christian Bale > Everything

*Swoon*

:p

TheUnknown

Well, we know who Chicken's man crush is.

Chickenman

Yes. :p

But on the serious side*, if Christian Bale, Harrison Ford and Humphrey Bogart got in a fight, the world would explode.

*Not really.

Chickenman

They realeased a new trailer.

Uncle Du

I have mixed feelings about this, especially after hearing a rumor that John Connor

becomes part machine at the end of this movie.

Andy

It's going to suck anyway, no film will ever be worthy to be a proper sequel to T2. :p

But Bale flipping out was funny. He's such a jackass. lol

Uncle Du

It's going to suck anyway, no film will ever be worthy to be a proper sequel to T2. :p

That's true. And it's the last movie to actually follow the books. When the 3rd one came out I was hella pissed, because it was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK. In no way, shape or form. I mean, the terminator in the 3rd book was actually a human being, modified and bred by Skynet. Damn hollywood.

Andy

I didn't know there even were any books. :p

If we follow the precedent set by Star Wars on levels of canon, then only the first two films can be considered to be the highest level of canon, as the are the only films written and directed by James Cameron.

So we can safely disregard the other sequels and any spin-off media and declare ourselves purists. ;)

Although I do like the TV series... :p

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

Yeah, there are books, from the looks of it they're not very good. And also each series of books kind of forms its own canon that's incompatible with the next one. But you're bound to have that in any time travel saga.

I think the new one looks great. It's certainly going to be different, but I'm happy about that. I've always been interested in the actual war, and there are only so many times they can go back to save the Conners (for your information, the answer is 2)

And as for Bale, I have to side with the guy. He was filming a very emotional, angry scene, and the man is method actor, so he does try to live and breathe the character. And he seemed to honestly, honestly be apologetic about the incident. I'm not making excuses for his behavior, but I think I understand where he's coming from. Am I going easy on him because every movie I've seen him in I've fallen in love with? Probably.

Uncle Du

I've read the first three and they all tie in very nicely with each other. But, to give the new movie a little credit, there haven't been any more books written about the future, so hollywood is free to do as they please. :p

Bad furday

I have seen the new trailer and WOW!!!1!!11! It's very...smart. With a human who thinks he's human, but is actually a Terminator- revealed when he views his own "rusty innards" :p

Chickenman

Cannot wait!

Andy

After seeing a trailer with Nine Inch Nails in the background at the cinema, I am more enthusiastic about this film! :D

Andy

Director McG has announced that Terminator Salvation is the first of a new trilogy to revive the franchise, with both main actor Christian Bale and writer Jonathan Nolan signed up for two more films.

:|

Brumak

*sigh*

Why is it that the good movies always have to beat themselves down by trying to push for more than it's worth? Granted it's a great series to begin with, but another trilogy? Sorry but I don't think they will be able to keep up with any sort of fan demands.

Uncle Du

I think they'll be OK. These movies won't be based on any books, so right there, there won't be any one b****ing about how the movies "aren't like the book". :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.