Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Films that make you emotional

Andy

Are there any films that get you so emotionally involved that you cry or at least feel like it?

I know I have a few that get me teary-eyed. lol

The Land Before Time - when Littefoot's mum dies... it's so sad! lol

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

King Kong (2005)

The Client

I'm sure there are others...

Radioactive Isotope

i could have sworn i started a thread like this, but now i can't find it.

Where the Red Fern Grows always makes me cry. I got a little misty-eyed at the beginning of Finding Nemo when Coral dies and The Chronicals of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe when their mom is sending the children away. and The Lion King when Mufasa dies. :(

TheUnknown

As someone who lost a parent at an early age, movies with this theme get to me:

The Lion King

Land Before Time

Stepmom

Steel Magnolias (my boss/advisor, who I look at as a friend as well reminds me of Sally Field in some ways. So, when Sally Field's reacting to her daughter dying, it felt like it was my advisor.)

The ends of epics:

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Radioactive Isotope

has anyone seen Grave of the Fireflies? i want to know if i should try to find it.

TheUnknown

See if there are any reviews on Epinions.com.

Chickenman

Epic Movie.

Winters

Children of Men, when they're taking the baby out of the building that's being attacked... and the babies cries, causing EVERYONE to just stop and stare in awe... I'm tearing up as I write this... beautifully done..

Andy

Epic Movie.

Because it's so terrible?

Winters

Epic Movie.

Because it's so terrible?

Those make me vomit in my mind.... it's like getting kicked in your mental groin...

Chickenman

They don't even have jokes...just references to things said in the trailers of each movie.

And yet make MILLIONS of dollars at the box office.

People are idiots.

Andy

Oh, add Episode II to the list...

When Mace kills Jango and the camera switches to show Boba. So sad. :(

Chickenman

How the hell does one ruin both Darth Vader and Boba Fett? How the hell did he find a way???

Winters

I Tell you! George Lucas is trying to destroy everything we love! I would be surprised if he tires to turn Christmas into Life Day or something...

Chickenman

Or...maybe he won't. :p

But yeah, I'll have to say "DOA" and "Scarlet Street" made me kind of emotionalish.

Andy

How the hell does one ruin both Darth Vader and Boba Fett? How the hell did he find a way???

I don't think he did... They weren't born villians you know. What did you expect? Us to see Anakin emerge from his mothers womb and electrocute her with Sith lightning, before Force-destroying the entire city? ;)

Chickenman

Of course not, but it would have been better to have a kid we could actually empathize with before the fall. Anakin just wasn't that endearing in the same movie that featured Jar-Jar's slapstick.

But there was absolutely no reason to include Boba Fett in the prequels, other than fan service. Which actually isn't a reason at all.

Andy

I didn't see the harm in it. Just showed why he became so badass. lol

Mara

Just posted in a thread like this on another forum yesterday. Crazy.

Anyway... I think the one that got me the most emotional, at least recently that I can remember, was probably Ruffian. It was an ESPN movie that ABC showed a few months back about the true story of a racehorse.

Got a little teary-eyed.

But generally films don't get me very emotional. Probably 'cause they're mostly not real anyway, lol.

Andy

What about "Alive"? :p

OMFG I missed Jurassic Park off the list! :eek:

Edited by Andy

Winters

How in the bloody world can Jurassic Park make anyone emotional? It's like saying Jaws makes you afraid of air tanks!

Chickenman

Well...no. Boba Fett was much more badass as a man without a past, more of a myth than a man. Seeing him as a sad little kid severely detracted from that badassness and completely removed the myth behind him.

Just posted in a thread like this on another forum yesterday. Crazy.

Could it have been the Fire, by any stretch of the imagination? :p

But generally films don't get me very emotional. Probably 'cause they're mostly not real anyway, lol.

Thank you for sharing your observation. That damn Hollywood almost had me fooled! :p

How in the bloody world can Jurassic Park make anyone emotional? It's like saying Jaws makes you afraid of air tanks!

You must have really failed the part of the SATs where you have to determine the relationship between things.

"Beach is to Water as Volcano is to....no, not octopus."

Andy

Okay, so who set Chicken's sarcasm chip to overdrive? lol

That doesn't even make sense. I'm sure there are films you have an attachment to because you saw them at an impressionable age...

Chickenman

It's always in overdrive.

:p

And Blues Brothers 2000, because I know deep in my heart that if Belushi hadn't been an idiot and killed himself, it would have been, well...a good movie.

Winters

You must have really failed the part of the SATs where you have to determine the relationship between things.

"Beach is to Water as Volcano is to....no, not octopus."

Okay, so who set Chicken's sarcasm chip to overdrive? lol

That doesn't even make sense. I'm sure there are films you have an attachment to because you saw them at an impressionable age...

1). I have attachments to films I've seen reciently, such as Casablanca, A Clockwork Orange, and more.

2). Luckly, when I took my SATs, they took those out, I was in the first year that they took it out and I haven't looked back.

3). I was trying to show the idiocy of finding Jurassic Park sad to showing fear of scuba tanks (since thats how they killed jaws) rather than of Sharks.

Chickenman

1) Casablanca's overrated. Great, great movie, but not the best of all time.

2) Lucky you. :p

3) Wow. Way to call Beeurd's inner child an idiot. :p

Anyway, what you're saying still doesn't work.

He was showing sadness at the movie.

You said it was liking being afraid, not at the movie (although he stated he was reacting to the movie) but afraid of a prop in said movie.

Or something.

I'm still wondering how you connected those particular dots. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.