Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

Batman: Arkham series (Asylum, City, and Origins)

Uncle Du

I am tearin' this game up. I can't seem to do as well as I need to in the combat challenges though. But, I did have a 42 hit free flow combo last night. That was pretty awesome.

Andy

Finally got all the Riddler stuff! Now to do the Challenge mode! :D

And then beat the game on hard mode. :|

Edited by Andy

Uncle Du

I just started playing through on hard, and it's definitely a little more tough just cause the baddies don't get the little "I'm going to attack you now" squigglies over their heads any more. I'm just trying to run through it as fast as I can on hard. I think the hardest part is going to be

the part when you have to get away from Croc.

Uncle Du

So I beat it on hard last night.

Turns out, the part in Croc's Lair wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess it was because I was really cautious and walked the whole damn way with my batarang out. Took forever though. The toughest fight on hard was Ivy. Damn those plants of hers! Even the final boss fight wasn't too tough. So, another 50 gamerpoints for me.

;)

Also, I was having trouble with the free flow combo's until I realized this: when you're in combat with a lot of guys, a really good way to keep your combo going (and not get hit), is to liberally use the dodge move. I've found that if you hit someone twice then dodge away, you'll almost never get hit. Occasionally, a stray fist or pipe will get through, but not very often, if you're smart with the way you dodge. It really comes down choosing your targets smartly as you fight. Henchmen with knives and stun batons are the ones to really look out for, especially in challenges when you want to get through all four rounds with out taking damage. That extra 5000 points for the Perfect Knight Bonus goes a long way in getting three medals in all the combat challenges.

So there's a few more of cents worth, not that anyone asked for it. ;)

TheUnknown

Played a bit of the demo. I'm impressed.

• Upvote 1

Uncle Du

I played the demo on the PS3 today, and from what I could see, the graphics were a little better. There also seemed to be a little difference in the dialogue (at least in the challenges). It was weird handling a PlayStation controller again.

Uncle Du

Bad ass gameplay from the newest game...

Edited by Uncle Du

TheUnknown

Holy crap! That looks amazing. Anyone else notice the voice of the thug leader is Oghren?

Uncle Du

Who's that? Character from a different game?

TheUnknown

He's from Dragon Age: Origins

Drake

Steve Blum. He does tonnes of voice acting gigs. He's also Grunt from ME2 & 3. He does a lot of Wolverine for games and cartoons too.

Uncle Du

Oh no kiddin'. Very cool.

Radioactive Isotope

Ok, I'm slow. Just got AA today along with my pretty new PS3. I'm already loving it. It was between AA and DC Universe Online. But I decided playing as Batman's student paled in comparison with playing as Batman. I was right, lol.

Joker's laugh as the game is downloading is a wee bit unsettling, though.

TheUnknown

Arkham City is awesome. I can't wait until the sequel.

TheUnknown

In case you missed it, the new Arkham game will be a prequel called Arkham Origins. It will be released in October.

TheUnknown

I have pre-ordered Arkham Origins.

Andy

I've still only played the first one :(

TheUnknown

As good as the first one was, the second one is even better.

Andy

I did really love the first one, so im.sure I'll get round to it eventually

TheUnknown

Playing Arkham Knight now.  Wondering who he is.  Seems to be someone with a past with Batman.  I'm thinking it's Jason Todd.

Andy

Why are there so many Arkham games now? I've still only played the first one. :(

TheUnknown

You need to hurry the hell up.  Arkham City is really good.  Arkham Orgins probably has the best story. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.