Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Jake Durron

Revenant Squadron - the Character Quirks

Jake Durron

A series of short stories taking a look at the quirks of the cast of the Revenant Squadron RPG.

Meant to be comical, not offensive :)

PART ONE - A Deeper Look into Kaden "The Black Hole" Staal

CHAPTER ONE

They turned a corner and Kaden smelled food, so he entered the large room that turned out to be the mass cafeteria. He filled his tray with a double helping of everything that was laid out and went to sit at a table. Artie parked himself next to the table.

While spooning some pasty substance in his mouth, his thoughts turned inward.

He sighed and grabbed his juice glass.

After helping himself to seconds and finishing that, Kaden left the cafeteria to go find the barracks and possibly a 'fresher station as well.

Needing some food in him, he headed back towards the cafeteria with Artie dutifully following beside him. Kaden got in line and took a helping of just about everything that was being served for breakfast and then poured himself a large cup of some fruit juice.

He sat down and started eating the food. Artie whirred quietly to himself.

Still hungry, Kaden stood up and filled up his plate with a second helping of some of the sausage and eggs. He shoveled in the food and finished off his juice, then turned to Artie.

"Um, perhaps it would be a good time to cool off and grab some food?"

After entering the cafeteria again, Kaden had spent the time filling up his tray with large servings of most of the food offered: a big bowl of soup plus two of the burgers and a large glass of juice. Kaden got there then with his food and sat down at the table across from the other two and dove right into his burger. He had half of it gone within half a minute.

He swallowed the rest of his burger and looked up. "Yeah. You never know when you're gonna eat again. I learned that long ago." Kaden sipped some juice before turning to his soup.

Kaden drained his bowl. "Best soup I've had in a long while." He turned to his second burger and took a bite.

Kaden moved his chair over after finishing up his second burger. He nodded. "Go ahead." He got up to refill his juice and to get another bowl of soup then sat back down again at his seat.

"How? Very easily." He cleaned up his soup bowl and then sat back

Kaden casually sipped his juice, listening to them speak.

He furrowed his brow slightly and looked at the group. "I didn't find anything wrong with the food..."

As long as he got food he was happy.

"Close to 1700, huh?" He checked his wrist chrono. "Yeah, I guess so. I do feel hungry." He sighed, then turned to the droid. "Let's head to the cafeteria." Artie sped in front of Kaden, leading the way out of the twisting hallway and off towards the cafeteria. Kaden slowly followed him.

He was piling up his tray with food when he remembered some of his squadron mates discussing a plan to take down the cafeteria staff. He just shook his head and filled up a couple glasses with juice. They're going to get themselves in trouble he thought as he dug into his helping of casserole.

Kaden drank down the rest of his juice

But he felt better after a shower and going to the cafeteria and getting some food in him.

Suddenly Kaden realized he was famished. It had been a long time since breakfast and? He had missed lunch. All the chaos must have overpowered his hunger. That had never happened before, even in the worst battles he had flown in.

Kaden had taken advantage of this though, helping himself to a bunch of ration bars and other shelved foods. He didn't bother actually trying to cook anything.

He had his rifle tucked under his arm as he walked, chewing on a ration bar. For this moment, at least, everything seemed okay.

He had taken another bite of the bar when he heard something up ahead.

looking over instead to Layla, who seemed bored. He waved a ration bar at her. "Hungry?"

he reached into his sack and pulled out a couple more bars? Kaden pulled another one for himself and bit into it.

He took another bite of his ration bar before answering.

CHAPTER TWO

He buffed Artie up to a shine before they both headed off to the cafeteria for some breakfast. It may be a big day with a new arrival, but Kaden couldn't do anything before he ate.

This morning he actually took the time to glance at his food before he dug into it. The offerings didn't look a whole lot different, but he had heard a new cook had been hired, probably due to his fellow pilots. He rolled his eyes as he worked through some sausage and friend potatoes. Tasted better, but not noticeably so. He shrugged and continued eating. It was all food to him, no matter what it was.

Kaden rejoined Artie at his table after going up to get some more helpings of food. He sipped from his glass of juice before turning again to his food.

Kaden also went back to his food, quickly cleaning up a good half of it in the next few moments.

he took a sip from his juice

He glanced at his own meal, thinking to offer her one of his sausages, but noticed that his plate was just about cleaned off. So he just shrugged to himself and finished the tidbits he had, letting them fight it out.

Kaden briefly considering, looking at his empty tray but decided against it. Even he had his limits. "Uh, no thanks. I've had two helpings already." He shrugged and finished off his juice.

His plate was empty, and he again considered going for more food?

"Come one, let's find you some juice so you're fresh for Layla. Then off to the cafeteria so I can eat."

Kaden got in line for some food.

"You know, Artie," he said as he filled his tray. "It seems I spend half my day in here eating..."

The droid issued a few beeps the equivalent of a human rolling its eyes.

Kaden did roll his eyes. "I do not eat a lot."

Artie beeped something like 'yeah, right.'

_

Kaden dug into his plate of food.

Glancing at the time again, he put the pictures away. He didn't care how early it was. All those memories coming up were making him extra hungry. He needed some food to help push them all away.

Upon reaching the cafeteria, Kaden immediately got in line and started filling up his tray. He hadn't bothered going looking for Artie. He filled up a couple of glasses with some juice before moving towards a table.

Kaden listened quietly, eating his dinner.

"To be honest, my food never has a chance to get cold." He shrugged. "I wouldn't know." "I kinda got that vibe." She eyed his empty tray, juice and all.

Kaden was glad the cafeteria was opened early as he wandered in at 0330 hours to grab a good breakfast. He wasn't sure if they would have time to eat after the briefing and before they left. But just in case, he stashed a few ration bars in his bag after he had eaten. He never knew how long a trip would last or when the next meal would come while on a mission. It was best to be prepared. He stuffed in a few extra for his squadron mates before leaving the cafeteria.

Kaden piled up his tray again because he had only had a small serving a couple hours ago before the briefing. It might be a long trip and a long time before his next meal, so he stocked up. He filled up a couple glasses with some wuogo juice before looking for a place to sit.

He sat down and ate a few bites quickly before speaking. The upcoming mission plus talking to the Intel officer had made him hungrier.

He kept on eating while she was reciting all the animal species like it was from a data chip.

Not having anything else to say at the moment, he returned to his meal.

He swallowed a bite and looked back up to her.

Kaden nodded and continued eating.

He glanced up at her, thinking awhile while chewing. Then he swallowed and shrugged. "No, I don't think so. Everything was pretty straight forward in the briefing."

Kaden thought of replying but going instead to finish off his plate of food.

Dryly, "Time for seconds?" She raised an eyebrow in Kaden's direction before reaching into her rucksack and pulling out a datapad? He downed his glass of juice. "No. Actually, this is my second breakfast today."

Reading through one of them, he absentmindedly pulled a ration bar out and began chewing it.

He just focused on his datapad, chewing through another ration bar.

Kaden stifled another yawn while pulling out another ration bar to chew on.

Kaden quickly gulped down the rest of his half-eaten ration bar and got ready to push off when everyone had the course plotted.

His eyes brightened slightly. "There's food?" Szen smiled at his enthusiasm. "Well, something close to it." "Food is food, to me. Lead the way." He smiled and gestured.

Kaden pulled out various items out of the crates to make himself a nice lunch or dinner or, well, a meal. Thinking about it, he wasn't sure what time it was on this planet.

He sat down next to Szen and pulled open one of his packages. "Better than the bars I had in my X-wing," he remarked after tasting it. "This has some flavor."

Sitting in silence a moment, he finished it off and dug into another one before turning back to Szen. "It's not bad, once you get to used to it. I've had dinners much worse.

Actually, I'm not sure if this is dinner. What's the local time here?"

Nods, eating some more. "Yeah, I imagine so."

Kaden ate in silence a while?

Kaden raised his brow at that remark but returned back to his ration pack.

Quietly finishes up his last ration meal, cleaning up the tin and sitting back to listen.

Taking all his empty packaging, Kaden got up to dispose of them and moving away from the others.

Pulling out another ration bar as he lay there, Kaden stared up at the stars above, imagining what systems and beings were up there oblivlious to what was going on elsewhere in the galaxy.

He finished his snack and stretched out on the ground?

Kaden spent most of his day going through his datapad and munching on the idle ration bars?

Kaden came up near the nut rollers while he was gathering some ration packs for dinner. He just watched silently as he sat down some feet away to enjoy his meal.

Then he said before returning to his meal, "I wouldn't take that bet?

Kaden chuckled softly and returned to his meal.

The menu showed all sorts of various meat dishes plus a few vegetarian ones. It was a sort of chain restaurant, with various locations throughout Ithyari, so they catered to just about ever palate, unlike smaller restaurants that specialized in certain delicacies. "Oh... maybe some nerf steak. Haven't had that in... a while."

Just then the serving droid came to their table with her soup and his steak, so Kaden had to sit back straight. He quieted and quickly dug into his food.

Kaden forked the last part of his steak in his mouth and took a sip from his fruit juice before looking up at her. He smiled. "Don't tempt me with dessert..." Kaden nodded then added, "We can ask the serving droid to split it to two plates, I'm sure."

Artie and Kaden headed off towards the ration food boxes, where Kaden picked up another ration bar and tore into it.

Kaden was finishing up his ration bar when Artie whistled sharply.

CHAPTER THREE

He glanced around once, then closed the door behind him. "Incidentally... when would dinner be?" The long trip, plus his extended nervousness at the prospect of such, had made him extremely hungry.

He didn't want the droid interrupting their dinner?

Kaden looked over at him and smiled, "Don't worry. I'm not shy around food."

Amidst the laughter, she looked down the table and motioned to Kaden to have more food.

Kaden had smiled, watching their interaction, while keeping silent himself. He finished off his plate and reached for a platter to add on a third helping.

Kaden really felt that the huge dinner feast his first night had really helped break the ice.

He was chewing in a ration bar as he went to find a seat.

Finishing his ration bar, Kaden took the news and mission objectives in without so much as a glimmer of surprise on his face.

After the briefing and a nice long, filling dinner, Kaden found himself propped up on his cot in the room

Kaden was hungry but wanted to check on Artie first before going to the cafeteria?Kaden headed down the hall to the cafeteria?.In line, he piled his tray full of food and then looked for a place to sit.

He sat eating, quietly?

One of the last to leave, Kaden finished up his breakfast, cleaning every last morsel off his tray.

Kaden pulled a ration bar out of his shoulder bag and began to chew on it.

Kaden finished the ration bar and stuffed the wrapped into a pocket.

He took the ration bar out of his pocket and sat down.

He wondered about his ill-fated blue milk?

Wearing clothes that he wasn't used to wearing didn't help matters, nor the fact that he was hungry.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, Kaden," he said, handing him one of the bottles.

He closed up his bag and slide it under his bed before leaving his room behind to look for some breakfast.

Not sure anyone else was up, he let himself into the kitchen, where he had eaten a couple times during his vacation stay at Brier's estate. The cook smiled at him and immediately began filling up a plate of food for him as he sat down at the small table.

Even though he had finished eating, Kaden stayed in the kitchen, he sipped his juice and let her go on about who was dating who, who was sick, who was caught in scandal.

TO BE CONTINUED?

Kaden picked up his sack, checking to make sure his datapad and other essentials were in there. ESSENTIALS = RATION BARS!!!!

If I missed anything it was during a battle post that I didn't scour for food references.

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

:rofl:

Awesome.

Bad furday

Why does he not weigh 300 pounds? :p

Winters

Some people are just able to eat obscene amounts of food and get away with it... he's one of those lucky ones.

(PLUS, maybe in SW, every time you get a dunk in a Bacta Bath, you lose the bad, excess weight?)

Radioactive Isotope

Some people are just able to eat obscene amounts of food and get away with it... he's one of those lucky ones.

my husband is one of those types. i hate him for it, lol.

Winters

That or he has a mini-black hole in his stomach, but the lining of his stomach is so dense that it doesn't fall in... but that doesn't go into general physics of our Galaxy, which is why it's in another galaxy or even universe. (Because isn't physics only responsible per galaxy?)

Rogue

Winters, my head is still spinning trying to figure out what you just said :p

Winters

Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know I had to filter my posts from metaphysics....

Rogue

Well yes, you do. You left the minorphysics out. :shifty:

Winters

Ok, let's start off with basic physics.

1). Our galaxy is subject to rules to which the study of Physics states, from basic Newtonian physics to String theory.

2). Black holes eat up everything except certain types of rays... which means that if Kaden had a black hole in his stomach, by our physics, he'd be nothing by now, as well as everyone else in the RP, but our physics is not the same as the physics in SW, as it is per galaxy. So, in theory, in the SW galaxy, black holes act far differently than in ours.

3). Black holes have a theoritical end, so maybe it just goes from his stomach to somewhere else, where it spits it into a worm hole in the galatic somethingorother and back to his large intestines to prevent him from dying of starvation.

Rogue

And with all the hinting that nobody else could understand it, he still continued to go on.

*sigh*

Chickenman

Or that nobody cared. :p

Though speak for yourself about not understanding it, ma'am. :p

Rogue

I just didn't want to be the rude one who said that nobody cared. :p

Chickenman

You better not be encroaching on my turf! :p

Mara

(PLUS, maybe in SW, every time you get a dunk in a Bacta Bath, you lose the bad, excess weight?)

High metabolism.

Or maybe just high-strung. :p

Bad furday

my husband is one of those types. i hate him for it, lol.

So...

Jm's hubby: That was delicious honey...you know, I think I WILL have a second piece of cake!

Jm: *jealous and enraged*

:p

Andy

:lol:

Radioactive Isotope

:lol: bascially, yeah.

Mara

Mmm... cake...

Winters

Mmm... cake...

I think this of all things explains why Kaden eats so much.

Pandora

It ALWAYS catches up with you. Like my brother. He's going to go to bed 29 a skinnyass white boy. He'll wake up 30, weighing half a metric ton. And I am going to laugh. Uproariously. I just hope someone can get it on film....

Mara

Mmm... cake...

I think this of all things explains why Kaden eats so much.

He and I are not the same person. :p

Andy

It ALWAYS catches up with you. Like my brother. He's going to go to bed 29 a skinnyass white boy. He'll wake up 30, weighing half a metric ton. And I am going to laugh. Uproariously. I just hope someone can get it on film....

LIES!

*hides extra 2 stone he has put on since last year, without eating anywhere near as much as the years before that* :(

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

Nobody uses stone as a measurement...anywhere. :p

Winters

What is a stone...? Honestly, if don't know it, it's so archaic that there's a REASON why it's not used... couldn't you be all Rest of the world and said kilo or something...?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.