Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Chickenman

With the new movie coming out, and the television series finally on Hulu, I figure it's about time we had a thread.

Right now I'm watching the first episode of the series, and it doesn't look bad.

And neither does Summer Glau. :D :p

Drake

Got that right. ;)

sarahconnorP.jpg

Edited by Drake

Chickenman

I prefer her with a lower torso, myself, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. :p

Drake

Well...yeah...

I have the lower half with me...so...yeah.

Edited by Drake

TheUnknown

I've caught bits and pieces of the series, maybe an episode or two. I've seen all three movies. I hated the third one.

Chickenman

So far the series is pretty good, the action's a little low budget, but then the original Terminator was made for a little under 6.5 million.

Summer Glau is definitely channeling some River Tam in her performance, but they are two separate characters.

And I can't wait for the new movie.

Bad furday

I was watching it a few nights ago. It was the episode where they have to take her brain chip out and hook it up to a traffic light.

I liked the part where John and Summer Glau are talking " Just making conversation" she says, and then Sarah barges in on them, asking what they're talking about. There is an uncomfortable pause.

"Just making conversation" says Summer, then turns and winks at young Connor before leaving the room. Hot.

Andy

Got that right. ;)

sarahconnorP.jpg

Amazing how she has been torn in two, yet still has her hair tidy. lol

the original Terminator was made for a little under 6.5 million.

The new film has a budget of like 185 million. lol

T2 was about 100 million.

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

That's only because Christian Bale and his Awesomeness were paid separately. The Awesomeness made about $100 million. In light of that, the special effects are going to be made from Flash and I think the robots are going to be sock puppets.

Andy

Well it's not going to have real terminators in it, seeing as Arnie is being boring and political at the moment.

Andy

Well, I started watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles last night... and just finished it off :p

I thought it was pretty cool, I think Thomas Dekker does a great job as John Connor (who has to be one of my favourite film characters of all time)... But II don't think they picked the right person for Sarah Connor, she doesn't seem to have evolved from the Linda Hamilton portrayal of the character as well as I hoped. Kinda annoying, seeing as it's the title role... Oh well.

And what's with the time-travel bit? I mean.. puh-lease? Can we not do shows set in a different decade any more? Tsk! Just kinda annoying that every show is set in the present. :roll: lol

The stuff about Reese was a nice touch though, and I must admit my eyes got a bit watery towards the end of the series. haha. But yeah...

I WANT MOAR!!!1

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

It's been renewed, so you'll get MOAR.

:p

Andy

YARR!

Well, I think I'm going to have to dig out that Terminator fanfic I was workign on... lol

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

The first episode gets taken off of Hulu today.

After that, you'll have to stick to tv links or something. :p

Chickenman

New episode debuted last night.

...I'll comment on it when I've finished the first season.

Edit:

Or maybe I'll comment today.

Great episode to start off what looks like a great season. Probably my favorite episode yet, and they really kicked it up a notch from last season.

Was really cool seeing Cameron revert back to her original programming and try to kill John. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I kinda thought they were going to wait a bit longer.

Two great tense scenes that had me at the edge of my seat. The first one attempt at getting the chip out of Cameron's head, where they have 120 seconds and time is winding down. And then when John gives the gun to Cameron. I knew they were going to have her go back to being a good guy again, but when the word "Terminate" showed in big red letters my heart did in fact skip a very confused beat. Awesome job, and hopefully they can sprinkle intense scenes like these throughout this season.

And now they're dealing with a T-1000, which definitely ups the ante. The invincibility of the Terminator 2 robot is one of the chief reasons T2 had me at the edge of my seat/completely fatigued by the end. Hopefully this one is just as good.

Shirley Manson being added to the cast is pretty cool, too, though this makes me worry about the future of Garbage. Great band, Garbage.

I do have one problem though,

the idea to turn what should be great action scenes into music videos. The end of the previous episode, where the Terminator kills an entire SWAT team, could have been one of the best scenes of the series. Instead, we watch the squad fall into a pool of water, one by one, while a Johnny Cash song plays. While said song fits the theme of that episode, it sounded waaaaay out of place, and made the scene comical, something that the slaughter shouldn't have been. In this episode, we get to watch Sarah and John get beaten and captured, them fighting back, Cameron surviving and turning on John but we watch the entire scene from a detached perspective because there's a song by Garbage playing the entire time. (Get it? Cause Shirley Manson joined the cast!)

Overall though, it looks like this series is going to get even better this season. :D

Edited by Chickenman

Andy

omg new episode?

*heads out to try to find the episode completely legally*

Chickenman

B, check your facebook inbox.

Andy

Check yours. :p

Chickenman

Check your face! :p

But anyway, any thoughts on the episode, B?

Andy

I'm just pissed off

he got rid of his hot hair!

:p

Chickenman

Haha. The old hair did suit him better. Cutting it was a nice physical metaphor for the passage into adulthood he's just made though. Was a nice touch.

Edited by Chickenman

Andy

I might have accidentally bought S1 on BluRay earlier today. lol :)

Chickenman

*Jealous*

I want to hears me some commentary. :(

Andy

Update: T2 still makes me cry. lol

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

Just released another episode last night, so here I go with another far too in depth review:

Another human has been sent back in time? I really hope this doesn't become a regular feature, as it can get boring. Though I'm pretty sure it won't, the series has been good at changing things up.

I like how everyone is physically exhausted since last episode. Down to the way they walk and carry themselves. Good acting, and a nice touch.

The flashbacks (flashforwards?) to the war are pretty cool, even if this one was like 5 seconds.

Loved the struggle Sarah had to go through with the cancer, knowing that she died from it. Probably makes this her best episode yet.

John having a girlfriend adds a new angle to the story. It could be a ridiculously sucky angle, or it could work out for the better.

Sucks that either way, this plays into Skynet's hands, so even though they won, they helped Skynet.

I'm still trying to figure out what the blood on the wall means. I'm a tad confused.

Overall, great episode. I likes how the season's going.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.