Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Stargate Atlantis

Drake

Discuss any episode from all firve seasons of this hit spin-off series!

SEASON 1 (2004-2005)

A brand new team travels to another galaxy to find the lost city of the Ancients, a dark

new enemy, and countless new worlds populated by humans.

SEASON 2 (2005-2006)

After an attack by the Wraith and new contact with Earth, the Atlantis base faces key

changes in leadership and personnel.

SEASON 3 (2006-2007)

With the Wraith knocking at the door, the team embarks on new adventures in the

Pegasus Galaxy -- and encounters a sinister new foe.

SEASON 4 (2007-2008)

Familiar faces say goodbye and a new leader emerges, as the conflict with the

Replicators becomes a galaxy-wide crisis -- and an alliance with an old enemy may be

the only way to stop them.

SEASON 5 (2008-2009)

Old enemies are on the run, making way for powerful new groups to emerge from

hiding. A new leader again steps forward to command the expedition.

Edited by Drake

TheUnknown

Wikipedia is saying (unsourced, by the way) that Atlantis has been cancelled. Any truth to that?

Chickenman

I may have heard something about this.

Drake

Yes it has been. And, yeah, Ender posted about it, lol.

Once season 5 ends, that will be the end of Atlantis' television run. They're planning on movies, the same as SG-1 did.

Uncle Du

So far I'm pretty impressed with this season, definitely had some exciting episodes so far this season.

Drake

Michael Shanks will be reprising his role as Dr. Daniel Jackson for the upcoming midseason two-parter titled First Contact and The Lost Tribe! :D

TheUnknown

Oh, holy crap! The Asgard live!

TheUnknown

Am I the only one shocked by that revelation?

Drake

I have not seen the episode yet. :p

I downloaded all the episodes so far last night and I'm working through them. I'm on The Daedalus Variations right now.

Drake

:eek:

EVIL ASGARD!

Also, it was good to see Daniel back! :D

Edited by Drake

Uncle Du

Dude, how crazy is this?! I just watched the episode today. Talk about an awesome twist!

TheUnknown

I wish it were the Furlings, though.

Uncle Du

That'll be in the DvD release movies. ;)

Uncle Du

This last episode was kinda boring...and predictable.

Ender

I'm about 3 eps behind... catch up, I must!

Uncle Du

Indeed.

Uncle Du

OK, so as you all should know, the season finale was this last Friday. The rest of this post will be hidden. :p

First off, I'm getting really sick of everything getting wrapped up in a nice, clean little bow. No loose ends, nothing to even indicate what the hell is going to happen in these damned DvD movies. Which means that it's going to be something brand new, and will also get wrapped up in a nice, neat little bow. I mean come on. There's no friggin suspense. Half way through the episode, I was thinking to myself, "Well, everything's going to be alright, and I'm gonna be pissed about it." Damned if I wasn't right.

I mean, Ronin friggin dies....oh wait, here's a Wraith to bring him back two minutes later. They can't even kill a character off right! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he didn't go. But someone could have. Just because.

This is a perfect example of how MGM and Sci-Fi have continued to screw the pooch on this once really awesome franchise. I think it was still kind of a good episode, in that there was a lotta action. I mean, seeing the city take off and come back to Earth was pretty bad ass...

But that kinda leads me to the next gripe I have: Atlantis is on the outer edge of the Milky Way when all of a sudden, the city drops outta hyperspace. Why? Cause the engines haven't been used like this in 10,000 years....oh wait, except for at the end of season 4 and the beginning of this season. So, unexplained technical malfunction, and what does Zelinka all of a sudden bring up outta the blue? WORMHOLE DRIVE!! It's extremely dangerous, and the technology was abonded when the friggin ANCIENTS couldn't get it to work right, but we humans, get it to work. Right in the nick of time too, I might add.

So, now Atlantis is chillin' right by the Golden Gate Bridge, and somehow all the water that this metropolis has displaced, hasn't flooded all of San Francisco. But who's paying attention to that? Naw, no one will notice.

b**** session over...for now.

Universe better be good...

Drake

I just watched the finale *tear* and I have a few comments in response to your rant, Du. :p

First, to everything being wrapped up. Not a whole lot of it was. I mean, the Wraith are still a threat in Pegasus. They only took out one hive. Also, the replicators are still capable of showing up again.

Of course we knew that everything was going to be alright. It's the last episode. They have to have a happy ending. You should have known this. :p

And about the city dropping out of hyperspace, wormhole drive, etc... Rodney said that they hadn't been used "at full power" in 10,000 years. Meaning traveling from one galaxy to another. Not just a little hop through Pegasus. And the wormhole drive was something that was being worked on for a long time by McKay. Which, I guess, makes me wonder what Woolsey's job is if he doesn't know about McKay's side-projects. :p

Uncle Du

When it comes to enemies in Pegasus though, we can handle them, and have been. I mean, I don't the galaxy will ever be rid of Wraith and all that jazz, and of course, at any given time a Replicator could show up at any given time. I'm sure we'll see them in Universe. I dunno. Just thought it was too tightly wrapped up. They BETTER bring back the naughty Asgards though!!

And what episode was McKay's wormhole drive talked about in?

And that full power thing is cop out IMO. They were still used. :p

Drake

It wasn't mentioned in an episode before. Zelenka just said, in this ep, that McKay had been working on it for a while. :p

Here's a story from GateWorld on the episodes that could-have-been for season six, including more replicators and bad Asgards. Definite possibilities for the movies.

Uncle Du

I browsed through it the other day at "work". ;)

Woulda been cool. Damn MGM and Sci-Fi. Can't run two shows at once.

Drake

So I'm watching the season finale of 24 and Paul McGillion aka Dr. Carson Beckett is in it...as a doctor. :D

Also, did anyone else catch him in the Star Trek movie? ;)

Uncle Du

I remember seeing his face, but don't remember when and where in the movie.

Drake

He was the commander who was reading off the names and assignments for the cadets right before they left for their ships then told Kirk that he was on academic suspension and wasn't allowed to go.

I remember waaay back a story on GateWorld that he was going in to audition for the role of Scotty and that James Doohan's son even backed him for the part, saying that no one was better suited to play his father's character. Disappointing that he wasn't given a bigger role.

Edited by Drake

Uncle Du

Ah yes, I remember now. I still think that Simon Pegg was awesome in the part.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.