Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Stargate Universe

Drake

After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by The Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion, but never completed.

What starts as a simple reconnaissance turns into a never ending mission, as the Stargate Universe crew discovers the ship is unable to return to Earth, and they must now fend for themselves aboard the Destiny.

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission. Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.

Full story here.

The end of Atlantis means the third Stargate series, Universe, can get underway. Sort of a bittersweet deal, if you ask me. The concept sounds interesting, though it kinda reminds me of Voyager, lol.

CorSec

The concept sounds interesting, though it kinda reminds me of Voyager, lol.

Thats all that really needs to be said in this thread for now -.-

Drake

I liked Voyager. :p

Chickenman

I seriously need to finish season 1. :p

Drake

The first few seasons are a little cheesy but they really pick up around the end of season 3.

TheUnknown

Sounds interesting, although Stargate has done the "We're cut off from Earth" thing before.

Drake

Yeah, it doesn't usually last long...then the guest appearances start, lol.

Uncle Du

Yeah, it doesn't usually last long...then the guest appearances start, lol.

I'm just wondering how in the hell they would take an original series character and get em to a ship that will never return. And then have said guest somehow get outta there while leaving everyone else behind. :p

I liked Voyager. :p

Me too. After season 2. :p

And that armor in the final episode was freakin awesome.

Ender

Bond villain in Stargate? YES!

Uncle Du

Can't believe no one posted the new trailer.

I will remain skeptical until the pilot....and maybe even through the first season.

Uncle Du

Did anyone catch the sneak peek last night during Continuum? I think that's what they played. I don't get SciFi right now. :(

Chickenman

Premiere tomorrow night. I R stoked.

TheUnknown

I generally liked it, but I have concerns.

Drake

I liked the show. It's pretty different from SG-1 and Atlantis. There's a similar formula for the characters, in a way, but it's also different enough not to be over-done. There's the Jack O'Neill military leader-type, the slightly-more-insecure-than John Shepard-type, the comedic relief/nerd McKay-type, the blonde...

I really like Dr. Rush, Eli and the crazy soldier dude. I also kind of like the countdown timer for the Stargate.

TheUnknown

I'm not sure what to make of Rush yet. He's a very complex character.

Ender

Got the pilot for free off of iTunes, I'll probably watch it later tonight.

Chickenman

Just finished watching the 2nd episode (and 3rd part of Air) and I have to say I really, really, really like it.

I mean, I love SG-1, but I think I already like this one even better, so that's saying something. I'm a sucker for ghost ships and survival stories, and this show promises to showcase both. There's just a desperate air (like their desperate need for air) to the series thus far. I like the tough decisions and sacrifices that the characters have to make.

So far the last episode was the best. I was really sitting up in my chair and mouthing "come on, come on" in the last few minutes as they were racing against the clock, which is something that very rarely happens with cynical jaded old me.

I'll add the Lieutenant to Drake's list of character that look awesome.

Drake

Just finished watching episode 7, "Earth". I gotta say...Colonel Telford is a tool and Chloe is a ho.

Drake

That last episode, "Time", was pretty sick! I love the time travel episodes!

Uncle Du

I just remembered this show came on and am now kicking myself for not having the SyFy channel.

I'm glad Ender mentioned the pilot on iTunes, I'll have to see if it's still there, 'cause I haven't been able to find the first few episodes online.

samusaran253

Universe got cancelled now btw, or atleast it will be once they finish airing season 2.

Drake

Indeed! One more episode to go. :(

Just when it was getting good...well more than it was already.

Ayingel

IDK, I had a harder time getting into this series. Not sure what it was...

CorSec

Despite my initial fears, SGU did turn out to be a worthwhile venture. I think they faltered a little in the first season, trying to mimic the drama of BSG. In the second season the writers found a more appropriate balance between classic Stargate and their fresh dramatic sci-fi. I'm a sucker for cameos, and Dave Hewlett did not disappoint in "Seizure".

It's too bad SyFy no longer recognizes it's namesake and cut the series short. I'm glad we have Space in Canada.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.