Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Nominations Wanted for Weekly Poll

TheUnknown

So, what olympic sports do you consider the biggest pile of BS. Nominate them now. We'll concentrate on the Summer Olympics, but if we need to, we'll also do the Winter Olympics.

Some of my nominations:

1.) Rhythmic gymnastics. The twirl streamers and bounce balls while doing dance routines.

2.) Synchronized swimming. It just looks ridiculous

3.) Soccer. Way too much running and going out of bounds for so little gain.

4.) Equestrian. The horse does the work and the people get the frikkin' medals

Andy

Bicycle Motocross. Yeah, they made BMXing an Olympic sport. o_O

Mara

I agree with the rhythmic gymnastics...

And I would add trampoline along with that.

I disagree with soccer/football and equestrian, though.

Andy

I think football is a pointless one... Because none of the top players enter the Olympics.

Mara

That's what I think is so wrong about the American men's basketball team.. They're all NBA stars. But for every other team sport, like baseball, we fill them with college and/or minor league players. Granted, it's because the pros are busy, but that shouldn't batter.

I think basketball should go back to the good old days... same for hockey in the Winter Olympics... go back to using college players. The ones that DESERVE to be in the Olympics, not these highly paid egomaniacs who don't give a rat's ass about winning a medal.

Same with football/soccer, as well.

But I digress.

Ayingel

badminton. i didn't even know it was an olympic sport until i checked the website today.

Chickenman

Discus. It's just frisbee for the lonely.

Andy

Discus. It's just frisbee for the lonely.

Even though discus is significantly older than frisbee? :p

Chickenman

Frisbee's the new and improved version. :p

Radioactive Isotope

i believe discus throwing has been an Olympic sport since the beginning of the Olympics. :p

Bad furday

As seen in that commercial involving ancient Greece and the Parthenon :p

Chickenman

i believe discus throwing has been an Olympic sport since the beginning of the Olympics. :p

And the only international exposure Ultimate Frisbee gets is Spring Break? A crime, I say!

TheUnknown

That's what I think is so wrong about the American men's basketball team.. They're all NBA stars. But for every other team sport, like baseball, we fill them with college and/or minor league players. Granted, it's because the pros are busy, but that shouldn't batter.

I think basketball should go back to the good old days... same for hockey in the Winter Olympics... go back to using college players. The ones that DESERVE to be in the Olympics, not these highly paid egomaniacs who don't give a rat's ass about winning a medal.

But I digress.

I disagree. We should send the BEST to the Olympics. And if the best are pros, then so be it. I think baseball should send its pros to the Olympics.

Andy

But I digress.

I disagree. We should send the BEST to the Olympics. And if the best are pros, then so be it. I think baseball should send its pros to the Olympics.

The only trouble is nobody else would bother competing. :p

Ender

I completely disagree with football and equestrian. Both require unbelievable amounts of skill on behalf of the participants. Unknown, if you seriously believe it's the horse doing all the work, then you obviously don't know anything about the sport.

Andy

You would say that Ender, seeign as your one of those people who claims to have skill, yet it's the guitar doing all the work! ;)

Drake

Oh snap!

Mara

But I digress.

Sometimes, the non-pros ARE the best.

Chickenman

When is that ever the case?

Drake

Sometimes, the non-pros ARE the best.

And sometimes the pros are. That was his point.

Mara

Back on topic...

The hammer throw seems pretty pointless to me.

TheUnknown

Not sure if it's still in the Olympics, but racewalking looks so stupid.

Mara

Haha... I agree with that.

I'm sure it takes "some" skill, but.... it's kind of silly.

Just checked.. it's still in. :p

Sat. morning is the men's 20km walk.

Edited by Mara

TheUnknown

We'll end this discussion on Monday when I post the new poll.

Princess

Beach volleyball. The ONLY reason it's a sport is so that guys can watch women jump around in the sand in bikini's