Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Obituaries

Pandora

As Chicken pointed out on Facebook, this is on the anniversary of the "Mission Accomplished" speech. Interesting.

They've been holding on to the info for a while now. It does NOT take 10 days to get a freaking DNA test when you're the government and you're testing someone on the most wanted list.

Ayingel

Apparently, the same day this was made common knowledge here, it was also the same day in 1945 the Germans announced Hitler's death (something I just learned about 10 minutes ago) >.>

James the Defender

Too bad bin Laden didn't owe taxes...they'd have gotten him ten years ago...

Edited by James the Defender

Pandora

:rofl:

Princess

Jon Stewart was making some great jokes about it last nigt

Pandora

I'm cracking up at all the headline typos. Apparently we've all been talking about OBama so long that when we try to shift to OSama we flubber it up! lol

Drake

Like Jon Stewart, the thought had crossed my mind that Obama was interrupting Celebrity Apprentice to slam Trump some more.

Speaking of which...if you haven't seen his antics at the correspondent's dinner, check this out...

Bad furday

http://gawker.com/5818244/artist-cy-twombly-is-dead-at-83

A more pressing question is how does Edwin Parker Twombly Jr. turn into Cy Twombly? Unless.....he was really a Cylon?!

Mara

Farewell to first lady Betty Ford. :(

Princess

Anyone really surprised by that one?

Ayingel

That would be a resounding no. At least most of my friends on Facebook haven't cared much. She shoulda said "yes" to rehab instead of "no, no, no."

Drake

As mentioned in the link, it's interesting to note that Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain also died at 27 from related causes.

Andy

Unfortunately it wasn't surprising, but it's still a tragedy to see a life wasted like that.

Ana

Not surprised, but kinda bummed. She had so much talent. I feel very sorry for her loved ones.

Ayingel

See, I'm hesitant to believe that. Nothing else is reporting it, AND I can't click anything on that website...

Andy

I heard that on the same day that Amy Winehouse died. Not seen any reputable news sources picking it up yet, so I'm not convinced. :p

Aaaaand the small print of that website furthers my suspicion:

THIS STORY IS 100% FAKE! this is an entertainment website, and this is a totally fake article based on zero truth and is a complete work of fiction for entertainment purposes!

Although what kind of person finds fake death reports entertaining is beyond me. :roll:

Edited by beeurd

Drake

Publicity.

Drake

Jack Layton, the leader of Canada's opposition party (the New Democratic Party), passed away today from his second battle with cancer. It struck swiftly. The last elections weren't that long ago and he was looking and sounding healthy. It's a sad day for Canada as he was a well-respected politician. One of the few.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/08/22/layton-obituary.html

Andy

Never been an big Apple fan, but still very sad to hear. :(

Technology has lost one of it's biggest modern champions.

Princess

Sad :( May he rest in peace

TheUnknown

Holy sith!

TheUnknown

Surprised no one brought this up: Harry Morgan, best known for playing Col. Potter on the TV show M.A.S.H. died recently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.