Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

The Batman - the new movies

Mara

Surprised there wasn't one of these already...

Anyway... Batman Begins was awesome.

The Dark Knight was so freakin' awesome it was beyond imagining!!!

So.... I'm not one for searching for rumors, but anyone heard if they're gonna do more?

Obviously, the first one ended, letting you know there would be a new one with the Joker...

But the second was a bit ambiguous as to whether there will be more. I hope, so, though... They're awesome!

Chickenman

I haven't seen it yet, but I can guarantee that it was in no way ambiguous in the slightest about there being a third.

Simply for the inclusion of Harvey Dent.

Who, might I say, is the perfect villain for the third movie.

Mara

Well... maybe...

I'll say more when you've seen it. :p

Andy

How many different versions of Two-Face do they want? :p

Chickenman

I still think the Harvey Dent from Batman (1989) should have been cast as Harvey Dent for Batman Forever.

For those not in the know, it was Billy Dee Williams.

For those so far out of the know that they don't even approach the realm of knowledge, it's the guy who played Lando Calrissian.

:p

Rogue

Lets just say that Harvey won't be the villian in the next movie. They messed up chronology. So bad too that we may never meet Dick Grayson! :nerves:

Andy

Isn't that a good thing? :p

Rogue

No! Now there will never be a Nightwing!

Andy

Or hopefully no Robin! :p

Edited by beeurd

Chickenman

I like Robin, but you have to figure out how to treat the character. And you also have to not soften Batman with him around. It's tough.

Rogue

What he said ;)

Chickenman

Dick Grayson is great, especially after becoming knight wing. Jason Todd made for an interesting character because his angst made him take chances and his death had a profound impact on Batman that's admittedly more important than the character himself. And Jason Todd is the best of them, great detective skills, costume that doesn't suck. Also he doesn't make those damn puns. But really, get rid of the costume and you get rid of most of the suckiness.

Note: You will never see the last two in a Batman Movie.

Radioactive Isotope

that's why i want them to put more of the animated series on DVD.

and i liked the old series with Adam West and Burt Ward. while it didn't follow the comics AT ALL and it was really goofy, i loved it anyway. i also didn't realize how much inuenndo was there until i got a little older.

Chickenman

It followed the comics perfectly for the time. It wasn't until the 70s they got dark again. They're good for a laugh, I guess...and I do love Adam West but...eh.

Mara

that's why i want them to put more of the animated series on DVD.

and i liked the old series with Adam West and Burt Ward. while it didn't follow the comics AT ALL and it was really goofy, i loved it anyway. i also didn't realize how much inuenndo was there until i got a little older.

Yeah, I loved those, too.

And I watched an animinated Batman series in the mid '90s or something. On kids WB, maybe?

Anyway... the whole continuity thing made me remember something I noticed from The Dark Knight--

I noticed that Gordon called his wife Barbara... and I thought in other media forms, his daughter was Barbara (Batgirl)... so either his daughter has the same name or... something else was screwed with.

And I don't think I would completely rule out the possibility of Two-Face being back in the third installment... Weirder things have happened.

Radioactive Isotope

on that note:

i'm not entirely convinced that Rachel is dead either. they never showed a body, or any shred of evidence she died other than the massive explosion. granted, that would be enough to kill someone in the real world, but in comic book land, no body means they're not dead.

Drake

I don't know...

That much explosive material in that enclosed space all surrounding her...I would be surprised if there had been anything left of her.

Radioactive Isotope

but....

shouldn't there have been some crispy bits? bone fragments?

Drake

I don't think you would have seen it from the wide shot they gave. Also, I don't think they would go into that level of graphic detail.

Bruce needed her death to further push himself into the role of Batman. The fewer emotional ties, the better, IMO.

Edited by Drake

Radioactive Isotope

i'll agree with that.

Mara

Yeah, I agree about that, too...

Without it, I don't think we would have had the ending we did.

I loved those last 5-10 minutes of the film with Gordon, where he (Bruce) really struggled with what Batman's role would be.

CorSec

Villains for the third. Theories?

The Joker should die with Heath. It would be unfortunate to recast.

The villain has to fit into the realistic world set up by Nolan. The Penguin probably isn't going to make sense (like many others).

The Riddler is popular enough, and very real. If they can make you forget Tommy Lee Jone's Two-Face, they can make you forget Jim Carrey's Edward Nigma.

CorSec

But how does Catwoman challenge Batman? The villain has to be psychotic. Vengeful. Something to prove.

They have to do everything and more to top this movie. Gotham itself has to be at risk.

Drake

True enough.

However, the events of Dark Knight and the loss Bruce went through could make for a void in his life that he might seek to fill, regardless of it being good or not. If anything, Catwoman would make a good distraction for Bats while the main villain wreaks havoc.

Edited by Drake

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.