Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Xbox 360

TheUnknown

Would you recommend it? What are some good games? Halo 3, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and Assassin's Creed look good.

Andy

Oblivion is quite good if you like that sort of thing (I have it on the supremely awesomer PC), and Assassin's Creed was pretty good to (I have it on PS3). Haven't really looked much into Mass Effect, and Still haven't managed to get round to playing the first Halo yet. :p

Make sure there are enough games you want for it before buying one though... And check the upcoming releases too. There are some good RPGs for 360. I hear Blue Dragon was awesome, and there is Infinite Undiscovery (from the makers of Final Fantasy). And let's not forget 360 will be getting SW: The Force Unleashed, too.

god_that_failed

Lost Odyssey is a great game for those of you who love JRPGs, Ninja Gaiden 2 for those of you that like lots of swords and blood(I think it also has something to do with ninjas), and some other crap I'm probably forgetting.

The 360 has a lot of good games, you should do some research before you decide to buy it to see if any of these good games intrest you.

Edited by god_that_failed

Radioactive Isotope

i've heard the 360 itself is not very well made and breaks a lot. just something else to check into, lol.

Andy

I think everyone I know who has a 360 has had theirs break at some point. Although that seems fairly standard on most electrical goods these days... :p

Radioactive Isotope

my iPod hasn't. although i probably just jinxed it.

Andy

Probably.

*secretly despatches some gremlins*

Radioactive Isotope

i've got enough gremlins already, beeurd. if you could find some fairies to do my laundry and clean my kitchen, i'd appreciate it. :p

Drake

my iPod hasn't. although i probably just jinxed it.

It's a Mac product. That means it's nearly indestructible. :p

TheUnknown

:offtopic:

Radioactive Isotope

:spoilsport: :p

TheUnknown

Hijack someone else's thread.

Drake

Good work, Unknown.

TheUnknown

Don't prentend like you're all responsible. You were off topic to, oh newbie admin. :p

Anyways, I've read reviews on Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed. All sound good. I need to look into Ninja Gaiden II. I'll also be looking for a fighting game or two (Soul Calibur..what's it up to...4(?), maybe) and a couple sports games.

I'm kinda interested in Gears of War, but I'm wondering if my fragile psyche can take it. :p

Edited by TheUnknown

Drake

I know I was. I didn't say that I wasn't. If you'd prefer, though, I can take back the commendation.

TheUnknown

Spoilsport

CorSec

Assassins Creed is repetitive. Visually stunning, and fun to jump and climb around all over cityscapes, but definitely repetitive.

Gears of War is great. It's a game that really shines if you can co-op the story mode with someone else.

Chickenman

Mass Effect is on PC too.

Speaking of which...

*Goes to Best Buy*

god_that_failed

Don't prentend like you're all responsible. You were off topic to, oh newbie admin. :p

Anyways, I've read reviews on Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed. All sound good. I need to look into Ninja Gaiden II. I'll also be looking for a fighting game or two (Soul Calibur..what's it up to...4(?), maybe) and a couple sports games.

I'm kinda interested in Gears of War, but I'm wondering if my fragile psyche can take it. :p

In a recent issue of OXM, Mass Effect has the best ending of any Xbox game, unfortunatly, Assasin's Creed had the third worst(I agree, not a good ending at all). And, yes, Soul Calibur is at number 4.

Don't worry, my cousin William has the most fragile psyche in my family, and he thought it was funny when he sawed a Locust in half. :p

TheUnknown

Here's how fragile my psyche is: just watching the teaser video for Quake 4 literally screwed me up for days.

Andy

Yeah, Unknown's a big wuss. ;)

TheUnknown

The desensitization process didn't stick with me. I still have the ability to be horrified at the concept of people's legs being sawed off while they're awake.

Drake

Yeah, I'm not THAT desensitized. I still cringe at gore.

Like this...

AlGoreAndGlowingOrb.JPG

*cringes* :p

Edited by Drake

Andy

Oh, hilarious. :p

Chickenman

Yeah, I'm not THAT desensitized. I still cringe at gore.

Like this...

AlGoreAndGlowingOrb.JPG

*cringes* :p

Ow.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.