Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Possible errors on the site

Andy

Due to the previous epic fail that was the recent downtime, I lost the handy file that tells the server where things that have moved are.

I haven't had time to get a proper "Not Found" error page up either, so until I do, if anybody notices any broken images or gets any server errors when they click on links to stuff that is on GBs server, please let me know so I can fixx0r it.

Andy

Affiliate images seem to be dead.

Mara

Do you need mine back or is it a problem on your side?

Also, your banner isn't showing up on my forums, either.

Andy

I just need to get round to fixing it. lol

What it is the banners were in one place, but then got moved, and I told the server where I moved them too. But the redirects were lost, so I need to tell the server where to look for the banners again. lol

Just noticed the text ads in the footer are dead too.

Mara

Ahh, okies. : )

Radioactive Isotope

is anyone else having to log in every time even though the "Remember Me" box is checked?

Ayingel

nope.

Mara

You mean each time you visit the forum?

I do, but I think I delete my cookies. Though...I had that before the update, so I don't think it's new.

Radioactive Isotope

i have to re-login when the cache clears, but usually once does the trick. not this time, and i can't figure out why. :???:

Andy

Do you disconnect your internet when you turn off your computer or is it always connected?

Because there's a security option in the admin settings that has been enabled for a month or so. If you tell the forum to remember you, but then next time you visit you are using a different IP address (this usually happens every time you reconnect your internet) it will log you out.

It's designed to stop people hacking into the forums by hijacking a session that someone has left open by ticking the "remember me" box.

I can disable it if it is causing problems, though.

Radioactive Isotope

i usually use wireless on the laptop, so it disconnects from the wireless when i turn the laptop off. i've been off work for the past couple days so i don't know if i'm still logged in on my work computers.

Andy

Well, if you stay logged in on your work computer, as soon as you log in at home it'll cancel your 'remember me' at work, I think.

That's what happens with me anyways.

Which is irritating because my password is like a whole sentence :p

Edited by Andy

Winters

i usually use wireless on the laptop, so it disconnects from the wireless when i turn the laptop off. i've been off work for the past couple days so i don't know if i'm still logged in on my work computers.

I use a laptop for most of my posting... and I never have to log in...

Andy

That's because presumably you are connecting through a router (wireless or not), which most likely keeps your connection active all the time.

I think the issue is because she uses computers at different locations.

Vergere

If I use my laptop, then use a home computer on the same network, it still logs me out. So it's probably as simple as a change in computers between sessions, like Andy said.

Andy

When trying to vote on a poll you may get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/www/galactic/sources/ipsclass.php on line 5671

I know what it is and will repair it when I get home from work. :)

Winters

If I use my laptop, then use a home computer on the same network, it still logs me out. So it's probably as simple as a change in computers between sessions, like Andy said.

I do that as well and it doesn't mess me up... :(?

Ayingel

i don't have that problem :S

Ana

When I browse on my iPhone, it cancels my "Remember Me" on my laptop. It's vaguely annoying, but if I must retype my name each time, I do have about the easiest name on the site. :p

Radioactive Isotope

yeah, beeurd changed a setting so you can only be logged in one place at a time. i agree, it's annoying. :p

Chickenman

When I browse on my iPhone, it cancels my "Remember Me" on my laptop. It's vaguely annoying, but if I must retype my name each time, I do have about the easiest name on the site. :p

Is your password easy too, Ana?

:shifty:

Andy

I can't upload a new pic to my profile... :mad:

I am highly irritated. lol

Ayingel

you should tell beeurd....oh wait...:roll:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.