Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Millenium Falcon [contains Invincible spoilers]

Drake

This from the last page of Invincible

THE STORY CONTINUES

With the end of the brief but

brutal reign of Darth Caedus

comes a period of unexpected

stability. Under the strong hand

of former Imperial Admiral

Daala, star systems set aside

their differences in the hope

of forging a lasting peace.

But for the Jedi, many of whom had once looked to Jacen for inspiration, the transition has been anything but smooth, as Luke Skywalker strives to chart a new course for the Order, and gropes for an understanding of what ultimately drove his nephew to embrace the dark teachings of the evil Sith Lords.

The road to reconciliation has been harder still for Han and Leia Solo, who have now lost both of their sons. Some measure of solace comes in the form of Allana, Jacen's Force-sensitive daughter, whom the Solos have adopted at the request of the girl's mother, Queen Tenel Ka of Hapes. But Han, especially, craves the distraction of action, and so he, Leia, and Allana embark on an investigation into the origin of the Millenium Falcon, the charmed starship that has seen Han through so many years of adventure.

By all indications, their quest should be safe, innocent: something to keep them interested and busy. But as they piece together the clues of the past, hints of a more profound mystery begin to reveal themselves, and a faceless threat lies in wait - one that has already launched a tentative assault not only on the Jedi Order, but on the Force itself.

This book is being written by James Luceno.

Edited by Drake

Radioactive Isotope

coooooooooool!

Drake

I hope they find Zekk soon...like, in this book. And I hope that he doesn't come back all weird like Raynar did.

Winters

I DEMAND MORE MATT STOVER!!! (It would have been awesome if Stover wrote Invincible... espically since it had shatterpoints, which I think he wrote beautifully, despite my extreme hatred and dispise of Heart of Darkness)

Radioactive Isotope

whatever happened to Raynar? it be nice to see how he's doing since he kinda dropped off the galaxy after the Dark Nest books.

Tenel Ka

So according to the official VIP thread on the Star Wars boards, this book takes place about two years after the end of LotF -- so hopefully Zekk will be found by then. :puppydogeyes:

Mara

The first thing I thought of when I read that at the end was... What the heck? Are they running out of ideas? Seriously.... nothing else to talk about besides finding the origins of the Falcon?

Ugh.

What's next? The origins of Obi's monk abode?

Winters

The first thing I thought of when I read that at the end was... What the heck? Are they running out of ideas? Seriously.... nothing else to talk about besides finding the origins of the Falcon?

Ugh.

What's next? The origins of Obi's monk abode?

Everyone knows where that is... you search it in Force Commander!

Mara

I said "orgins" not location. :p

Winters

I mean... that's pointless... but the Falcon is a legand, so it deserves a beginning...

Mara

I'm not saying it doesn't...

I'm just not sure we need an entire novel on it and especially this far into the EU novelizations. It just seems to me from my point of view that Lucasfilm is running out of ideas.

I just hope there is some more substance to this novel and it doesn't involve JUST Han, Leia and "Amelia."

Andy

I said "orgins" not location. :p

Orgins, huh? Sounds fun! :p

Drake

I'm sorta glad they're trying to get back into doing some more stand-alone novels like this. It can let the more casual readers get back into this era of the EU without having to slog through two big series' and a trilogy.

Winters

Well, X-Wing series and the New Jedi Order are required reading...

Andy

And if anyone disagrees... we'll eat them! With toast.

Winters

I forgot the Thrawn Trilogy... well, anything by Tim Zahn... because he's awesome... also Matt Stover... he rocks!

Andy

Yeah I need to finish the Thrawn Trilogy... Did I finish the second book yet? Hmm... *wanders off to check*

Mara

I'm sorta glad they're trying to get back into doing some more stand-alone novels like this. It can let the more casual readers get back into this era of the EU without having to slog through two big series' and a trilogy.

True...

But I would prefer more stuff from earlier eras. Like the Old Republic. Not much has been done back then.

Andy

There's quite a bit of OR stuff actually... lol

Drake

Yeah. Now that the prequel story has been laid out, more and more OR novels are popping up.

Andy

It's just really the untouchable years between the two trilogies that are... untouchable. :p

Winters

I demand more Matt Stover!

Mara

I dunno.. there doesn't seem to be all that many during the Sith Era and the beginnings of the OR.

Another Darth Bane novel would be cool... as long as it's better than Rule of Two.

I want to go father back than just a couple decades before Ep. I.

Andy

Well, if you're talking novels, then yeah there weren't that many before the prequel era.

But there are a lot of graphic novels, comics, and a couple of games to fill in the gaps a little.

Winters

I want Matt Stover to rewrite the New Jedi Order AND Legacy of the Force serii!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.