Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Tsl

Manga

Tsl

Anyone else read it?

I've read all of Rurouni Kenshin and part of Samurai Deeper Kyo, Naruto, Fruits Basket, Wolf's Rain, Buso Renkin, Trinity Blood, and Chobits. I'm also caught up with the current English language release of Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist.

I also enjoy Light Novels, I've read some of the Fullmetal Alchemist ones and the Trinity Blood ones, though I'm usually somewhat disappointed with the translations on these. I wish I could find fan done ones, but I guess nobody wants to write out an entire light novel in English, lol.

Ayingel

i've read a lot, but it's been awhile since i've picked one up (that's all we did in high school...)

FMA

Wolf's Rain

Fruits Basket (tho I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on this one...)

TriGun

Fushigi Yugi

Inu Yasha

Ultimate Boyfriend

Nana

XXXHolic

X/1999

Ranma1/2 (stopped reading that one a long time ago)

Paradise Kiss

i'm sure there are others...i think we use to have a thread about it...

Drake

The only one I've read is the WarCraft manga and that will probably be the extent of it. Anything else I look at is waaay to messed up. Even the Star Trek manga looks bizarre.

Also, buying a little picture book that can be read in 10 minutes for $15 is a waste of money, IMO.

Edited by Drake

Rogue

Even if it's filled from front to cover with Emma Frost?

Emma%20Frost.jpg

Drake

Gah...*drools*

Some are worth it, I guess. :hehe:

Bad furday

I vant that :D :hehe:

Tsl

scanlations = free :p

But anyways, it's all about tastes. If I couldn't afford them, I wouldn't buy them either, but I can and I enjoy them, so.... I do! Plus I have a B&N membership so I get a discount :p I don't quite see how manga is anymore "messed up" than Western comics. In fact, I've read several Western comics that were totally ripping off manga's style, just like most of today's Western cartoons are borrowing hugely from anime...and several of todays Saturday morning cartoons are bad dubs of anime....with a lot of violence removed, lol. I believe the WOW manga referenced above is actually not from Japan at all. Many Western artists/writers are now doing manga too because it's become so popular over here. It does, I suppose take some getting used to reading "backwards". I find myself trying to read Western comics backwards now :p

*rambles*

Anyhoo, I'm currently re-reading Rurouni Kenshin, which is probably my favorite of the manga I've read. Better than the anime, if anyone has seen it. The Third arch rocks, and it didn't get put into the anime because they did a bunch of stoopid filler and got themselves canceled before they got to it :p (it is told in the OVAs though!!)

Radioactive Isotope

i haven't read any for awhile, but i did read most of Fruits Basket and all of DN Angel.

Vergere

KENSHIN!

Tsl

Yay?!

Drake

Yaoi?!

*shudderscreams*

Vergere

Kenshin makes me happy. ^^

Tsl

That's because Kenshin is awesomesauce!

Though I still say slamming someone over the head with a sakabato would kill them :p

*demonstrates on an innocent bystander* Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki!!!!!!!

Edited by Tsukikage

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.