Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Stargate

Ender

Prometheus looks purdy.

Ana

:D awesome...

TheUnknown

Oh my mother ewoking god! I just saw the battle from Atlantis! That is what I would imagine the battle of Coruscant from SBS. For once, Atlantis is better than SG1.

Ender

And the nerfherders left it a cliffhanger.... if they kill Sheppard, I'm gonna be really pissed.

Drake

Yeah...'cause you know they'd really kill off the star of the show. :p

On the topic of Atlantis...

Some...or none...of you may have heard about Aiden Ford (Rainbow Sun Francks) not being a member of the main cast next season. This is because he's going to be a part of a recurring storyline in which he gets genetically altered then goes off by himself to hunt down Wraith. This led to a great outcry from the fans, including myself. A huge online petition was signed to save Ford.

Francks thanks the fans

More News:

Andromeda's "Rommie" cast for SG-1's new doctor in season 9

RDA will return for 2 premiere episodes in season 9

Become a part of the 'Phenomenon' (I might go to that!)

Stargate on PSP

Drake

As a little point of interest...

My Film prof used to work with David Hewlett (Dr. McKay, Atlantis) when he was working on Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. My prof worked on camera. :D

Ender

New season starts on the 15th! Weeeee!!!

Uncle Du

Yes, and now that I have a DVR, I record all episodes and never miss one again!! :D

Drake

Damn you Canadian stations...showing it late! The latest episode I saw was Reckoning II next Monday, it'll be Threads. I hope they show the 90 minutes version. *crosses fingers*

TheUnknown

The season premieres of SG1 and Atlantis were pretty good. I was worried that the shake-up in SG1's cast would doom the show, but I saw instant chemistry between Daniel and that woman (don't know her name). They were hilarious.

Ender

Yeah, I was a little skeptical at first, but I'm starting to like Mitchell a lot. Still, there's no replacement for O'Neill...

street_shark

I love stargate! teal'c looks funny with hiar!

TheUnknown

Okay, Vala is awesome.

Andy

JoWood sucks anyway.

Ender

Yeah, and with a game like SG-1 that will make insane amounts of money, some other developer will pick it up soon. *Prays for someone like Ubi Soft*

Drake

Perception Answers Questions

Looks like things are going along well for the developers. On one hand, I hope that Perception wins the legal rights because I want the game out this year...but on the other hand, if JoWooD (the publisher) gets the rights, then they might find someone else to make it for the next gen consoles. I'm leaning towards Perception because it looks like a great game as it is. I just hope they get it out really soon before it's made obsolete by the next gens.

Another thing...I think it's really cool that they got all the actors to do their voices and face scans. And I'm excited about how they might make a mention to the new enemy in the show. :D

TheUnknown

I get the feeling that the "new enemy" is the Orai (sp?). Either them or the Wraith.

BTW, those nerfherders better not have killed off Vala.

Drake

This is from an interview Perception did...

Can you tell us about the story of the game ?

The game takes place right before the episode ?Threads? in Season 8 of the series. We?ve already revealed that Anubis is involved somehow. What we?ve not revealed explicitly is that we?ve created a new enemy called The Haaken. These guys were bottled up by the Ancients thousands of years ago and Anubis has let them out. It?s safe to say these guys are Uber-Baddies? We have really crafted a storyline that is up to date with where the series is at, taps in to many of the major themes set up in the show over the years and added the layer of the Haaken. We have SG-1, Anubis, the Tok?RA, the Re?tou, the Replicators, the Ancients, (Oma and Shifu in particular) and the Haaken. It?s a storyline that fans of the show will love, but for those that are completely new to Stargate, they?ll be able to pick it up and follow along.

Teh full interview.

Edited by Drake

TheUnknown

Anyone who likes Stargate (I've just noticed that whole word can be typed using only the left hand) outta check out "The Jaunt," a short story by Stephen King. It's in the short story collection Skeleton Crew (which is in itself a great book). Same premise, but much darker.

Uncle Du

You know, I had this feling the other day. I was thinking, don't you sometimes wish that they would have ended the show after last season? Kinda like, yay, we defeated everyone, and now there can be peace? Or something to that affect. I know, I know, I like the new season too, and I like Mitchell a lot, but sometimes I wonder, will the baddies ever stop coming? And I guess from a TV series point of view, no, they won't. You would have to figure that at some point a bad guy would show up and say, "Whoa, those are the guys that stopped the Replicators? We're gettin the ewok outta here!" Sometimes I think revealing more and more crazy bad guys gets kinda mundane. Sometimes. But damned if I still don't watch the new episodes! :p

Uncle Du

This is for all you SG-1 geeks... ;)

medium_sam_2.jpg

TheUnknown

You know, I had this feling the other day.  I was thinking, don't you sometimes wish that they would have ended the show after last season?  Kinda like, yay, we defeated everyone, and now there can be peace?  Or something to that affect.  I know, I know, I like the new season too, and I like Mitchell a lot, but sometimes I wonder, will the baddies ever stop coming?  And I guess from a TV series point of view, no, they won't.  You would have to figure that at some point a bad guy would show up and say, "Whoa, those are the guys that stopped the Replicators?  We're gettin the ewok outta here!"  Sometimes I think revealing more and more crazy bad guys gets kinda mundane.  Sometimes.  But damned if I still don't watch the new episodes!  :p

Isn't it the same way the the EU? Defeat one enemy then there's another one. And anyways, you would expect there to be the political enemies after the Jaffa rebellion. And sometimes these are the most effective bad guys. I mean Mayborne was such an effective bad guy get didn't send hordes of baddies.

Also, you have to think about new types of bad guys. Yeah, having yet another System Lord would be mundane, but having a bad guy who lives on a different plane of existence is interesting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.