Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Stargate Worlds

Drake

Official site

GateWorld article

This is a new MMORPG being developed by Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, scheduled for a Fall 2008 release. They're now in closed beta testing, accepting appilcations for testers.

I'm still unsure what to think about the game. It looks cool from what I've seen. I would probably give it a try but I'm still waiting to hear reports on how it plays.

Andy

Should be cool, but I don't think I'd want to pay for it lol.

CorSec

Wait and see how Age of Conan fares in the MMO market. If it fails, this game has no hope. It might be the best MMO ever released, with an engaging plot and great gameplay, but it'll die without a playerbase.

LotRO for example, was a great MMO. I would never play it though, because everyone I know plays WoW.

Drake

WoW pretty much butchers most of the competition.

Now, if they ever come out with a StarCraft MMO, I would drop WoW like it's hot.

Andy

Wouldn't really hurt anyone there though would it, being another Blizzard title and all. lol

Ayingel

WoW pretty much butchers most of the competition.

Now, if they ever come out with a StarCraft MMO, I would drop WoW like it's hot.

you might just get your wish.

Drake

Oh...awesome.

CorSec

Last I heard, Cheyenne was having some liquidity issues, and couldn't pay their employees for a few weeks.

They need investors to push this thing out the door in the next quarter.

Drake

I hope it doesn't get cancelled. I was looking forward to the Stargate SG-1: The Alliance shooter before they canned it. Starcraft Ghost too. :(

Edited by Drake

Andy

Tidying up forums and found this. I want this so much, damn you over-competitive games market!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.