Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Winters

The Republic Rangers - The Beginning - Intermission

Winters

So, how's this story looking?

Do you all hate it? Do you all love it?

COMMENTS! PLEASE!?

Winters

So... no one has an opinion on this...?

Drake

Oh sorry!

Yeah, I'm enjoying the story so far. I like your writing style too.

It's good to read something that's not the usual Jedi/starfighter pilot POV. That's why I enjoyed the Republic Commando books.

Winters

Well, it's gonna have Jedi/Starfighter... but that stuff will actually be downplayed... Once Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor comes out... I'm gonna focus on that... because let's face it, the ground wars are the least talked about when it comes to Star Wars... the stars get the glory and the dirt doesn't.

But thank you Drake.

Mara

I plan on reading it when I get a chance, honestly!

Also... I wonder if it would be easier to read if everything was in one thread...?

Drake

I find that breaking them up into seperate posts makes for a more casual read. Instead of opening up a thread and seeing a whole long list of posts, feeling as though I have to read it all in one sitting, I can portion it and read the parts one at a time.

On the other hand, keeping all of the parts of the story together in one place would make it easier for people just starting to read it. That way, they wouldn't have to search around for the first posts in the case that they get buried down the line.

Tell you what, I'll merge all of the Act One posts together. Winters, keep on posting your Act Two scenes seperately and, when that's done, we'll merge those too.

Winters

Perfect!

Here's the thing, it's the serial concept that you're doing great Drake, but I'm more casual about it. The whole reason I brake it up is so that way, it's more focused on single parts of the story because, as an individual, I tend to get side tracked. If I continously wrote it all, I'd still be on the first scene.

2). I'm lazy, so that way, it allows me to send stuff out slowly and kind of keep people happy... it's like some novels, espically series, you get a bit, you're content then you'll want more, so even though I don't have an auidence that's eating it then waiting for more, it allows me to write at my own pace (because I'm busy with work and school) and keep jokes or moments intact for a certain amount of time.

And Drake, perfect, what I plan to do is write these things in scenes, then when I'm done, repost it in a giant thing so that way if people want to read it, they can read the entire thing AND when it's all done and happy, I put it together and plow forward...

As for the Opera/Play idea, it's because I want something to start things off and set tone or location (Overture) then work on the full story...

Mara

I find that breaking them up into seperate posts makes for a more casual read. Instead of opening up a thread and seeing a whole long list of posts, feeling as though I have to read it all in one sitting, I can portion it and read the parts one at a time.

On the other hand, keeping all of the parts of the story together in one place would make it easier for people just starting to read it. That way, they wouldn't have to search around for the first posts in the case that they get buried down the line.

Tell you what, I'll merge all of the Act One posts together. Winters, keep on posting your Act Two scenes seperately and, when that's done, we'll merge those too.

Yeah, I think that will work a lot better. That way, the various pieces hopefully won't fall down to page 2 or 3 or something.

Winters

Whenever I finish and repost the finished product, I'll just ask a mod or someone with power to delete the rest... I'll just tug at their sleave and say "Mr/Ms/Mrs. [NULL! INSERT NAME HERE] *eyes tearing* Cwan Wou Deweet Muy Pwosts? Pweeze?"

Edited by Winters

Mara

Hahaha... :p

This is all making me feel bad about not finishing my fan-fic. :p

Winters

You SHOULD! I have HUGE long term plans for these soldiers...

Mara

Oh, I have a big ol' outline for mine.. up through about seven, eight parts.

But... I'm just stuck on part two.

Winters

It's all up here *points at head*. It'll allow for more flexability and memory loss!

Mara

Hahaha...

Do you have motivation up there, too? :p

Winters

Yeah... James Brehm bothers me a lot... pokes me with his sword... (which will be explained later).

Mara

Maybe he can poke me, too?

Drake

Maybe he can poke me, too?

Well then...

:p

Winters

Sorry... he's happily married... oh no... I shouldn't have said anything... *gets large poke* OUCH!

Drake

I don't want to know what you and your characters do in your spare time, thank you very much.

Winters

Hey! I wish I was married to his wife.... Oh no... *OUCHES*

Mara

:roll:

Maybe he can NUDGE me, then? :p

Winters

Again... he's married to an OUTRAGIOUSLY hot wife... I find myself staring when she graces into rooms.... *gets beaten* I KNOW! NO FACTS...

Yeah... he doesn't mind when people look at her... she doesn't mind either... often tells me to take a holo...

Mara

I don't mean in a sexual way.... :roll:

I was thinking he could help inspire me, the way he helps you. :p

One of my characters has a hot wife, too. :p

Winters

He doesn't inspire me... he just tells me what he and his soldiers, I write it down in a colourful way, I get paid plenty of credits...

I'm planning on buying me a Imp Duce.

Edited by Winters

Mara

Ahhh....

I wish my characters would talk to me.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.