Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Favorite performances

Mara

Where there one performance by an actor portraying a character that especially stood out to you? Did one actor really embody his or her personality and character so well, that they BECAME the character in your eyes? And WHY do you think this is?

This could be from just one scene or film, or throughout the entire saga.

Edited by Mara

Andy

Harrison Ford... is ALWAYS Han Solo.

TheUnknown

All of the principal cast for the OT: James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Ian McDiarmid, Frank Oz, Billy Dee Williams.

Drake

Harrison Ford for the OT and Ewan McGregor for the PT.

Andy

Harrison Ford for the OT and Ewan McGregor for the PT.

Ewan McGregor? Pfft! It's all about Ian McDiarmid in the PT. :p

Radioactive Isotope

Ewan FTW!

he was AWESOME in ROTS.

Mara

Perhaps we could explain WHY a little bit? :p

For me, yes, I know :p, Mark Hamill did an awesome job embodying all that Luke Skywalker was. I think he pulled of the naive farmboy who eventually realized he was more than that and grew up from a boy to a man who had major responsibilities very well.

I don't think I could imagine any other actor, especially a more famous one (at the time, ' 77), ever playing Luke Skywalker. And not just because we're "used" to Mark.

Drake

Very well then.

Harrison Ford...he doesn't need a reason. :p

Ewan McGregor did a good job of taking the established Obi-Wan character and showing how he got to be that person in A New Hope. Throughout the prequels, you can see how he gradually brought the character closer and closer to Sir Alec Guinness' character in his actions and the way he spoke, sometimes talking to Anakin the way older Obi-Wan later talked to Luke.

Radioactive Isotope

and he's hawt. :p

he also did an amazing job with Obi-Wan post Anakin's fall to the Dark Side both displaying grief, and knowing he had to go on and protect Luke.

Mara

Very well then.

Harrison Ford...he doesn't need a reason. :p

Ewan McGregor did a good job of taking the established Obi-Wan character and showing how he got to be that person in A New Hope. Throughout the prequels, you can see how he gradually brought the character closer and closer to Sir Alec Guinness' character in his actions and the way he spoke, sometimes talking to Anakin the way older Obi-Wan later talked to Luke.

I agree... I think Ewan was a perfect choice for that character and role. He completely embodies the legacy of Obi-Wan from Sir Alec.

TheUnknown

To me, the best performance from the PT was Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn.

Radioactive Isotope

too bad he was only around for TPM. Qui-Gon was a great character. :(

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.