Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Forum Skin/Theme Feedback

Andy

Please let me know what you think.

Try to leave constructive comments though, and let me know how it could be improved or exactly what you don't like about it.

More themes will be coming, and the old one is still available, so you won't be stuck with this one.

Pandora

Well, it's a bit bright, hon. Seeing as I have been staring at a black screen for a few hours and the next button I click throws me into a sea of white. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but it was kinda like being woken up from a dead sleep with a giant flourescent light.

Now the Multi-Fandom Community on the banner is cool, I like that. But I wouldn't mind seeing either a more familiar logo or something a little more detailed, though I realize the stars were probably easy.

Andy

That was mentioned before, but then I got no suggestions so I don't really know what else to put!

Tsl

it's.....bright.

Pandora

Umm.... Well, we could do like a collage of symbols recognizable from the different shows/movies/games/etc that have forums and threads.

Mara

I don't mind it. Then again, I don't see it much.

But I think it would be nice to have a light-colored background for people who prefer that. Something nice and easy on the eyes.

Andy

But I think it would be nice to have a light-colored background for people who prefer that. Something nice and easy on the eyes.

Umm, the new one is a light theme. :p

Mara

Umm, the new one is a light theme. :p

Yes.... I was reinforcing the new theme. :p

Tsl

It buuurns us!

lol, I'm giving it a shot, but I may have to go back to the dark theme. I dunno, I just like dark pages. Maybe it's the evil in my soul :p

Bad furday

looking at this page in a dim/dark room would be extremely painful.

Maybe the lighter of the two greys (where our words end up) could be either darkened more, or add a touch of...yellow?

Edited by Bad furday

Ender

I immediately went back to "Phoenix."

Rogue

*Seconds that*

Princess

Too light! It burnses! Get rid of it!

Mara

I noticed, I think just for guests, because I don't see it when I'm logged in.. but there is a pink header/bar on the top where the "log in/register" links are.

Perhaps you could go with another blue to blend more?

Andy

That's a default setting. It's red to emphasise the fact that they need to log in or register ;)

Mara

Ahh, okay. Well, I didn't know. :p

Tsl

lol, I too gave in finally and went back to pheonix or whatever it's called.

Radioactive Isotope

the bright skin would probably work better if it had more of a theme. like from a movie or TV show.

Andy

The idea was to have a generic one for the main forums, then customised ones for things like the fandom forums. I made a test one with a Death Star header for the SW forums but it overrides any skin choice you make... So that idea is on hold at the moment.

Tsl

You mean there will be a completely different skin for each of the fandoms so when I visit the SW forums I see phoenix and when I visit the Cartoons one I'll see an anime one? Or do you mean there will just be several skins to choose from that go along with each of the fandoms?

Mara

I would hope the latter... The former might just be confusing, lol.

Andy

You mean there will be a completely different skin for each of the fandoms so when I visit the SW forums I see phoenix and when I visit the Cartoons one I'll see an anime one?

That's along the right lines.

But currently if I did that, then whatever skin you chose would be ignored when you went into a fandom forum. :(

Tsl

I think I agree with Mara. That would be...hard to get used to. For lack of a better way of voicing it.

Drake

It would work, if all the buttons and whatnot were all the same and only the colour scheme and banner changed.

Andy

It's only really the banner that i'm changing...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.