Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Command & Conquer

Andy

Really. I REALLY cannot believe there wasn't a C&C thread.

I am of the belief that it is one of the most awesome games series of all time. As you probably knew. :D

Got the C&C3 expansion pack--Kane's Wrath--today, it's pretty good. Kane is an awesome character, and I was really pleased that in C&C3 they got Joe Kucan to reprise the role of Kane from the original 1995 game--now called Tiberian Dawn--and it's sequel Tiberian Sun.

I'm also bursting with anticipation for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3! It's going to be awesome. C&C3 restored my faith in EA, to a certain degree... I'm still worried they'll mess it up though. lol

Who else love the C&C universe?

TheUnknown

My stepfather is addicted to it. My aunt got me the Tiberian Sun complete pack one year for Christmas. My stepfather kinda took it over. I play the CC games, too, though. I really haven't been too keen on the EA games (Generals and Tiberium Wars). Both just seem too different from the others.

Andy

I never liked Generals. But I thought Tiberium Wars was awesome... But I know what you mean, I never used to like Tiberian Sun because it was so different to the original. lol

The Red Alert line is my favourite though, I love the storyline, lol.

The original Red Alert opens with Einstein using a time machine to travel back in time and remove Hitler. With Hitler out of the way, the Soviet Union has no opposition from Nazi Germany, and Stalin tries to take over Europe instead.

Red Alert 2 featured mind-control, as the friendly Soviet leader is warped by Yuri, and launches an offensive at the United States.

In Red Alert 3, the Soviets realise they are doomed, and seize the Allied time machine to go back and make sure the Soviet Union retains it's power. However something goes wrong, and they end up causing the rise of a third superpower, the Empire of the Rising Sun, derived from Imperial Japan...

CorSec

Having played most of them, RA2 is the clear winner. For now.

Winters

I got the First Decade for C&C, and I was bored with all but Generals... I was luckly able to return it and buy MTWII.

Andy

How dare you say C&C is boring. :p

CorSec

If there isn't an immediate attachment due to nostalgia, the previous games are pretty lackluster. 2D sprites and levels? I was genuinely surprised at how poorly some of them had aged, but thats the nature of the genre

Andy

Not always. Total Annihilation is an RTS game from 1997, and I think it's aged pretty well for an 11 year old game.

But yeah... the original C&C and RA have aged pretty badly.

Andy

I'm also bursting with anticipation for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3! It's going to be awesome. C&C3 restored my faith in EA, to a certain degree... I'm still worried they'll mess it up though. lol

Ahem.

Yeah, EA royally screwed up. Multiplayer might be good, but the single player is terrible. At least the Soviet campaign that I've been playing is...

Nowhere near the level of RA2 awesomeness. :(

Winters

Ok, I repurchased the First Decade and I have to say that as a semi-experienced RTS player, the original games are very bad as compared to modern games due to unit management and building management. However, I was not as repulsed as I was once, so I'm playing them more, but now I have to reinstall everything because I'm now on a "new" laptop.

Andy

Yeah, the early games have aged quite terribly. But they were fore-runners of the genre, so it's no surprise that the advances in later games are noticeably missing.

TheUnknown

Can I just say that the first Command and Conquer had atrocious music? My favorite soundtrack is probably Tiberian Sun.

Andy

Most games from that time have awful music, though. ;)

Chickenman

I have Generals, and I've since forgotten how to advance to the next level after I've beaten the previous one. :p

Incompetence for the win! :p

Andy

That sounds like it should be pretty straightforward. lol :p

Chickenman

It should be, but call me retarded, I can't do it. :???:

Andy

Well Generals wasn't that good anyway. Red Alert 2 is what it's all about. :D

C&C3 was pretty awesome too.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.