Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Jake Durron

Why are we waiting for Celebration Five?

Jake Durron

Alright, so the way I see it is we all need to get together and party like psychos... literally in some cases! So, I've been doing some research and talking with a couple people. And I've come up with an idea that I would like everyone to seriously consider.

Why don't we do a GB retreat to Nags Head, Outer Banks NC? I found this beach house, it will sleep fifteen people easy... oh and btw if we have more biters we can get two smaller houses. its like a Six bedroom five and a half bathroom beach house with a private pool/hot tub, pool tables and tons of tv's couches and a big kitchen. Plus its on the ocean, its in the Outer Banks which freaking rock for waves and fun and its like spitting distance to museums, historical monuments and kittyhawk.

Now here is some more enticement... the houses rent by the week. So we could plan this for like... the end of august say for example the 16th through the 22nd. (which happens to be free for this particular house) We could all meet up right before we have to go back to school, it will still be warm but past major tourist season so it will be less crowded. and the rates are unbelievable for the amount.

if we get 10 people to go, and we get this house instead of a smaller one we would each pay 363.00 for the week. if we get fifteen people to go we pay 242 dollars... thats like a weekend in a less pleasant hotel room for a convention... and its not that much money.

Another bonus is if we plan for that far away then air tickets are cheaper for example 89 each way from New York. I will probably drive so we will at least have one car there... btw mine is a vintage convertible... I will have it completely fixed before then lol...

anyway... here is the house I was looking at: http://www.outerbanksvacations.com/rental/...0816&Stay=7

it sleeps fifteen, it allows pets, its right on the ocean, I just think this would be an awesome trip, we could all just get away and its not like you have to buy the tickets for the convention or anything like we did with the Celebrations. if we average at about 300 each for accommodations, we pitch in together for food and cook at the house most nights/days, *I have no problem cooking the entire week* and account for getting there I think it would be well worth it and comparatively cheap. I think it could easily budget at about five fifty to six hundred for souvineers, your share of the house payment, food and sightseeing.I wouldn't say really that it would be more than 5 then your travel so in most cases under 700 dollars... anyway

Norfolk Airport is the closest one, its 2.5 hours from the beach, so either a carpool or I can pick up, up to three people at a time in my car. or we can see about renting a couple if need be... so thoughts?

Edited by Makia Durron

Jake Durron

Oh! I just thought of something... I'd have to double check but I may be able to buy a week thing of my parents travel package they got forever ago and get us there cheaper.. I'll talk to them tomorrow and let everyone know.

And if anyone has an idea for a different location post it!

Ender

So, basically, you want GB to form a commune.

Rogue

Ah, well uh...personally, that's a lot of money. As in two and a half week's salary. Then it's very far away and I don't think the parentals (Who I unfortunatly still live with) are going to let me go share a house with a bunch of people I never met before.

Jake Durron

No Ender I was thinking a week's vacation.

Rogue I was thinking for late august that way we could all save up the money over the next few months. Do you think they would they be more apt if someone visited so you did know someone or if they were chaperones? I will probably go to dc before then so I can come by and meet you if it would help?

Bad furday

Watch, we'll be on the news...sort of.

"Ten bodies were discovered in a local vacation house today. It is believed to have been used as some sort of commune. The words "GBnet" and "Psychopathic Jedi!!!!1!!" were written on the walls in blood. More on this as it develops at eleven!"

;) :p

Andy

I'm probably not going to be able to afford it, sorry.

Unless of course you all came to the UK... it's about time, you know. ;)

Edited by Andy

Rogue

I'm planning a trip away with my boyfriend (DeltaRanger who just signed up) for a week, so I won't be able to get that money.

However if anybody wants to come to Jersey we could have a good time here. Six Flags, 8th biggest mall in the states, we can find stuff to do ;)

Drake

Same here about the money. Next year, maybe. Perhaps plan for early summer?

Jake Durron

Ok what if we changed it to next year? what if we make it summer of 09? would everyone be able to do that better? Rouge we could probably arrange for some of us to visit you to put your parents at ease. Andy and I talked about changing the location to london too.... we'd probably have to youth hostel it to survive lol but its another idea? Hell for that matter if we think about it, where else would be fun to go, why not go to Paris or Rome... wait Rome sucks, maybe for a daytrip but eh...

Backpacking through Europe anyone?

Edited by Makia Durron

Radioactive Isotope

i doubt i'm even going to be able to afford to go on my school trip to New Orleans. because of school i'll have to cut my hours at work this summer and we're trying to figure out how to pay our bills. doesn't look like a week vacation's gonna work out this year.

Mara

Yeah... It's a bit far for me, too. And, money, especially since I'd probably drive (easier).

Plus... aren't we already discussing a similar meet thing in the GB meet thread?

Ender

I'll be wandering about Europe with some friends this summer anyway.

Jake Durron

I saw it but seeing as nobody has posted since Feb. and it was originally made because there seemed to be no C4 coming I wanted to do this. So Ana and I are still looking into this fall if someone else wants to join us let us know... otherwise is there a month or week time frame next year that people like the sound of? I'm going to do two trips, I need to get away. And even though I work in a gas station and have to pay off the four grand I owe on my car and credit card first I should be able to plan and do this in august...

Ana

Y'all are a bunch of sticks-in-the-mud. Would it kill you to travel out of your state for some fun? I've already got two trips I'm paying for completely on my part-time salary coming up this summer, and I'm game for a meetup. If you're really strapped for cash this year, at least give some thought to next year.

Ayingel

next year would be better...as long as robert doesn't get deployed. and i think it might need to be more towards the middle of summer...i don't know about everyone else, but schools up here start around the end of august

Drake

Next year, definately. Not sure about Kia's suggestion for Europe, though. We'll see.

Mara

I have no trouble with traveling out of state.

The fact is that if I do travel somewhere, I have closer friends I would rather see.

Andy

Forget Europe... come to the UK!

OR ELSE. :p

Winters

But... but... Well... *thinks about it*

Only if I can go see Janine Jansen in concert, I believe she does a lot of playing around the UK.

Bad furday

Sure I'll come to the UK...as long as I can drive a....

*pulls out lengthy list* :p

Ender

Furday, forget that. Let's just ride it out until Clarkson and May retire, then take over their positions at Top Gear.

Mara

Isn't it easier for one person to come to the U.S., than for 10-15 people to go to the U.K.? :p

Andy

Isn't it easier for one person to come to the U.S., than for 10-15 people to go to the U.K.? :p

I've already done it twice! :p

Radioactive Isotope

surely there's and island somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic we could use. :p