Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Ender

Battlestar Galactica

Ender

Okay, I'm ready to burst now. I cannot wait for the new and final season of Battlestar Galactica. It's going to be the most mind-blowing event in television history. Anybody else?

Edited: Thread title.

Edited by Chickenman

Drake

Sadly, I havn't yet gotten the chance to catch up with the series. I'm still only through the first half of the second season.

Andy

I still haven't watched the first series yet... lol

Ender

Failures. All of you.

Mara

I'm gonna watch it...some time...

Bad furday

I am extra elated for the final season's season opener, as I have learned that I don't have to work Friday night! :D

Last year's revelations have made me eager with anticipation! :D

(When they create human robots for companionship....they need to use Number 6 as the benchmark!) :p

Ender

I agree completely, my friend. Tricia Helfer is unbelievably gorgeous.

Drake

And Canadian...which explains Ender's reason, actually.

CorSec

I watched season 2 in a marathon DVD event a few weeks ago, and now I can't stop thinking about BSG.

I'm not reading this thread as I haven't seen season 3 yet (wtf DVD release like 2 weeks before season 4 hits). I'll get a hold of it soon hopefully.

But yeah. Obligatory "BSG rocks", "I heart BSG", "I'd rescue my BSG DVD's if my house was on fire".

CorSec

Purchased Season 3 on Tuesday and finished it a few hours ago. I'll be around for the premiere Friday too.

Taking bets on the identity of the 'fifth' =P

Bad furday

I just wanted to say that...

Gaeta doesn't wash his hands! :p

Also...according to BattlestarWiki...Caprica is in the green and is set to begin production in the spring!

A heady time for Galactica fans! :D

Oh yes...watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatjlSJNRHM#

Edited by Bad furday

Chickenman

I started watching the miniseries before tvlinks.co.uk went down, but didn't get to finish it. Now I can't seem to find the miniseries anywhere, either online or at a store.

It sucks too...I loved what I saw. :???:

Drake

If you can get your hands on the 1st season DVD set, it should have the miniseries included.

Chickenman

I just requested the miniseries at the library...so I guess that was easier to solve than I thought. :p

Ender

I love it so much. I just finally bought season 3, and the second half of the 4th season is supposed to come back in January.

EDIT: Realization. If Battlestar actually comes back in January, it and Dollhouse will be on in the same general period. That may be too much awesomeness for my brain to handle.

Edited by Ender

Uncle Du

I was always fascinated by the human cylon element in this new series, and how mysterious it all was. I never really started watching the show, but of course I constantly see the commercials, as my TV is usually on the SciFi channel.

So I went online and got the synopsis for the whole series. SO much easier than watching all the seasons. ;)

Bad furday

*cackleage* Three episodes to go starting this Friday. It's like a Greek tragedy now...can we get darker? Yes, we can! :p

Chickenman

I'm on...episode three of season one? :p

Bad furday

*Is still in shock/awe of the series finale* :D:|:D :eek:

Drake

Rented Caprica and watched it today with my dad. It was pretty good but wasn't expecting the mass amounts of nudity so it was kind of awkward, lol. The plot was a little hard to get into but it was good.

While watching some of the bonus features, the director said that it was a pilot episode and the ending definitely allowed for a series. However, I don't think it will attract the same audience as BG did. BG's main hook was that it was a space drama with action, space battles, etc. This was just a drama that was set in a sci-fi universe. Even though it details the creation of the cylons and William Adama as a boy, I don't think it will be as popular as BG.

Bad furday

I have yet to see it, so... ;):D

Your review sounds encouraging. I think it has to be a drama type show, because if it were totally realistic ( robotics engineers on Caprica sitting in the Caprican equivalent of MIT shouting "We've got, we've got it!!!" once they figure out the secrets to self aware AI), only scientific types would find it interesting. ;)

TheUnknown

Finally got around to starting the series.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.