Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Half-life universe

Andy

Just finished with Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Anyone else played it yet?

I'll be interested to see what happens in Episode Three. Hmmm....

Also has anyone played Portal yet? It's really quite strange, and quite hilarious at times thanks to GLaDOS, the computer that is overseeing the tests the player is going through. It's set within the HL universe, but nobody is sure when exactly.

At the start of Portal you wake up as a test subject to carry out various challenges to test Aperture Science's new Handheld Portal Device, with the promise of cake when you reach the end of the tests.

Basically the only "weapon" in it is the portal gun, with which you can fire two portals at a time. You can walk, jump, or throw other objects through these portals which can be placed on most flat surfaces.

Here's a little gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeZwo_7KdHY

Portal and HL2:Ep2 are available in "The Orange Box" for 360, PS3 and PC, along with HL2, HL2:Ep1, and Team Fortress 2.

(If you already have HL2 and HL2:Ep1 you can gift your product keys for those products to someone else.

I tried to go back and replay HL1 the other day cos I never completed it, but I have it on PS2 and I find FPS games unplayable on consoles. lol just can't match up to the keyboard and mouse combo. lol

Edited by Andy

Mara

No, but I have been thinking of picking up the regular Half-Life from the library to try it out.

Uncle Du

I was thinking about picking up the Orange Box for the 360. I've gotten used to using a controller for FPS'. Though I suck no matter what I use. :p

Mara

Shooting things is fun. :D

I just hope my computer can handle the specs.

Uncle Du

You might have to upgrade. :p

I'm hoping that Team Fortress 2 is good on XBox Live.

Mara

Because I can afford that. :p

I still need to buy myself a wireless USB adapter and a router so I can use the internet.

TheUnknown

I've been wanting to play Half-Life 2 but I've been weary of most Sci-Fi games since I saw the teaser video for Quake IV, which disturbed the every-living hell out of me. If you want to see what makes it so disturbing, look up "stroggification" on Youtube.

Uncle Du

I'd be all for cybernetic enhancement if it wasn't that painful. :p

TheUnknown

I like being unaltered.

Andy

Unknown, I can't remember anything as specifically gory in HL as there is in Q4, but there are some gruesome zombies and stuff. Nothing like Stroggification happens to the player, though. lol

TheUnknown

It's not the gore that really affects me...it's the fact that he's fully conscious for at least part of the process.

Winters

Yeah... HL2 RULES. I love Valve... at work, whenever I am forced to work in electronics, I always try to sell the Orange Box to whomever is there, even if they can't handle the specs. Because the game is AWESOME!

And Portal rules.

Andy

Portal does rule... I want HL2:Ep3 to come out... Hopefully we should have the Hand-held Portal Device! :D

Winters

That'll be SO AWESOME, but I want commentary for HL2.

Winters

Does anyone, who owns the original Half Life, play a mod call Day of Defeat? Or the Source version of it, Day of Defeat Source?

Ayingel

sorry...saw this earlier this week and then you posted this topic...

TheUnknown

Merging this with the existing Half Life thread.

Winters

But... but... this isn't Half Life! It is it's own game! They sell it seperate! Oh... I give up.... *sighs*

Andy

Tsk, you merged the threads the wrong way round. lol

*fixes titles and such*

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.