Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Not so Sunny Days

Princess

Sweeping the clouds away

According to an earnest warning on Volumes 1 and 2, ?Sesame Street: Old School? is adults-only: ?These early ?Sesame Street? episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today?s preschool child.?

Oh come on, those of us who watched it then turned out just fine.

Didn't we?

Ayingel

No, anyone who watched any part of the old Sesame Street is not okay. They now live in a delusional world of "common sense;" where cows ate grass and were fine. Diabetes wasn't an issue because there was nothing wrong with a cookie after dinner.

Bad furday

I like watching old clips of Sesame Street on Youtube, and there was nothing wrong with them!

Well for their time anyway. Now, we'd have family/watchdog/protectin' the children groups coming out of the woodwork

if the show was still done the same way.

Like when the old lady puppet sings,

"You could lose your purse or even something worse on the subway!" ;) :p

Drake

Not nearly as great......I mean "terrible" *wink wink* as old Looney Toons. They were shooting and drinking and beating eachother. Best children's programming around!

Ayingel

not to mention teaching kids about hitler...and don't forget disney's little tribute to the life of hitler...

Radioactive Isotope

i didn't watch the old Sesame Street, but i did watch it before the PC police got ahold of it. i turned out just fine. i rather liked Oscar the Grouch. but today's kids get a watered-down version of what used to be a really good eduactional children's program all because parents expect the government to raise their kids for them.

Drake

Aloysius Snuffleupagus remains one of my favourite fictional characters.

CorSec

Nothing stops parents from purchasing them to show their kids anyway. If they want to limit their sales by rating it poorly, let them. At least they're available.

Edit: Dang, need to learn to read harder before commenting.

According to Parente, ?That modeled the wrong behavior? ? smoking, eating pipes ? ?so we reshot those scenes without the pipe, and then we dropped the parody altogether.?

Stop censoring my memories =(

Edited by CorSec

Radioactive Isotope

According to Parente, ?That modeled the wrong behavior? ? smoking, eating pipes ? ?so we reshot those scenes without the pipe, and then we dropped the parody altogether.?

Stop censoring my memories =(

agreed

Mara

Just as long as they don't start censoring Mr Rogers!

Radioactive Isotope

i can't remember Mr Rogers doing anything that would need censoring. except for maybe letting strangers in his house.

Andy

Just as long as they don't start censoring Mr Rogers!

Is he still alive?

Radioactive Isotope

no. he passed away a few years ago. i could look it up, but i'm lazy. :p

Mara

Yeah, but they still play reruns.

Drake

I miss Mr. Dress Up.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.