Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
CorSec

Anti-Aliasing

CorSec

I was thinking it would be fun, as a trip down memory lane, to collectively list our previous and current online screen names, nicknames, tags, socks etc. Go into detail about why or how you found your screen names.

If you're confused by the thread title: An alias is effectively a pseudonym. An alternate or false identity. By "Anti-Aliasing", we're listing all of the names related to one person, countering them somewhat. Additionally, anti-aliasing is the process of reducing the distortion in the displaying of low-res representations of a high-res digital image. I thought it was clever anyway :cool:

(This is also a somewhat subtle ploy. After a two year absence, certain names are a mystery to me)

I'll post mine in a few minutes, if you need some direction :p

CorSec

My first venture online was likely at the SWmb.

Rogue_Leader_2002 - Clever, I know. It was based on my love of the video game series of the same name.

Jedi_Knight_Corran_Horn - I replaced my old name with this after I started reading more of the books I guess. It was pretty long for the boards though, so threads would get little stretched when I posted in them :p

This is where things get a little hazy. At one point I switched to:

Corran - A lot smaller and simpler, I think I made it work by adding a space " " after the "n" (cause plain old Corran was taken)

Before I started posting in JPL it was likely already changed to:

CorSec - I guess the name that stuck longest. Just a nickname Corran had in the books. I probably changed it for the sake of change? Long afterwards some of my old EG forum buddies still called me Corran. (Just like "Ender" will always be "Janson" to me!). The name followed me here.

For a short period on GB I assumed the alias:

Ghost - Because the Matrix was huge and the hype surrounding the video game starring Ghost and Niobe was equally huge. Too bad the game failed harder than any video game I've ever purchased.

As I entered World of Warcraft, my first character retained the name I had kept for sometime. "CorSec". Additional characters I made retained the theme, as "KorSec", "QorSec", and "BorSec" entered the fray. As my friends and I planned the expansion to WoW, we wanted themed names that related to each other somewhat. We all took characters stemming from greek mythology for the most part. "Althaea" is how the majority of my friends would know me there. Amusingly, some good friends of mine made the characters "Aphaea" and "Alfaea". As a hunter, I also had a pet named "Astraea". Rest assured, any group we entered was confused more often than not.

At the moment, I'm trying to shed the CorSec thing somewhat, but I know it would never really leave here. If you guys can remember any other names anyone else went by, be sure to remind them! Like that one week where beeurd was "negativeEmotion" :p He'd probably try and let us forget it.

Andy

f you guys can remember any other names anyone else went by, be sure to remind them! Like that one week where beeurd was "negativeEmotion" :p He'd probably try and let us forget it.

Grah! Shush! :p

I've gone by the names of...

blue_beard - used to have the email address blue_beard@hotmail.com in about 1997

green_beard - the closed my hotmail account over the school summer holidays cos i didn't log in... and someone else registered it, so i chose the next colour beaand83 - first three letters of my last then first names, followed by the year i was born. how original, huh?

along lol.

Darth Beard

BEE-URD in about 2001ish, I think.

beeurd - it got altered slightly in 2001.

Since then there has been various alterations of it such as:

Emperor Beeurd, Veydar Beeurd

prolly some other stuff...

Usually I still use beeurd everywhere, but GB is special so I just use Andy. :p

Edited by Andy

Mara

Well, the first screenname I had was probably at the starwars.com forums.. And it was "ultimateSWfan." So original. :p

After a while I started figuring out the EU and such and reading books, so I changed to "UltimateMJfan." And variously, people just referred to me as "UMJ" for a while. I think that lasted for quite a while.

I have had probably close to 40 different screenname changes on those forums over the past.. mostly just adding things after the UMJ part.. something like "UMJ: [something]".

And I don't know when exactly, but I started just going as Mara, probably because it was easier, but I think some people may still remember me as UMJ back in the day. I would add things onto to "Mara" but it was generally always there, 'cept a few exceptions (Like "Luke's Merry Little Elf" that I had for one Christmas :p).

My old AIM screename was "PokesRtheBest" because I like the Wyoming Cowboys.. but later I changed it because people were getting it confused and thinking I liked to be poked. :p

And then there was my old MSN/hotmail ID, "pizzathehutt990," which was just something... crazy, I guess. I don't have that any more either.

Oh, and I had an old Yahoo! ID that I used to play games with on Yahoo! Games... I think it was "poppie2man"... long story. :p But that one went away too, for obvious reasons.

That's all I can remember for now.. as I said, I've probably had many many changes in the past. But generally I just stick to "Mara" so it's easy for me and easy for people to know who I am.

Bad furday

*cackle* Veydar Beeurd :p

You were also Sepithorath for a while...

I think I've aways been Bad furday, with variations in the characters used, like the fancy squiggle 'f'

Oh....I was "Mad furday" on here once...:p

And CorranHorn always called me 'Badfur'

Ayingel

hmm...lessee...

SW.com ...

Superjedichick

Padawanchick

Superjedichick827

soon after...

Various gaming names ...

Ayingel

Ayingelgirl

Arimel

Aeris

AngelPC

AyingelgirlPC

And these were random ...

Lilianjoy

Lily

Beloved

Smurfette

Stardust

aaand...i think i had some other ones on here before...

Rogue

On Sw.com you were Chewie'sBadFurday for a while!

Oh, so I was originally ROGUEeleven (Sticks). If you can't understand why you really shouldn't be called a Star Wars fan! So there! :p

That got changed to ROGUEeleven which got changed to Rogue. Since then I have had many horrifying fad names I have no desire to recall. I did change my name to MysteriousBlue for a while after my favorite final fantasy character for example.

Andy

That got changed to ROGUEeleven which got changed to Rogue.

That was kinda forced upon you though, seeing as there were the 3 Jainas' in the original Psychopathic Jedi... which all got shortened to Rogue, Jaina, and Sticks. hehe whatever happened to them anyways... Did you kill them, Rogue; so you could be the only one? :p

Drake

As I entered World of Warcraft, my first character retained the name I had kept for sometime. "CorSec". Additional characters I made retained the theme, as "KorSec", "QorSec", and "BorSec" entered the fray. As my friends and I planned the expansion to WoW, we wanted themed names that related to each other somewhat. We all took characters stemming from greek mythology for the most part. "Althaea" is how the majority of my friends would know me there. Amusingly, some good friends of mine made the characters "Aphaea" and "Alfaea". As a hunter, I also had a pet named "Astraea". Rest assured, any group we entered was confused more often than not.

Another one. Yessss. *rubs hands together menacingly*

Get to our WoW thread, nub. :D

CorSec

And then there was my old MSN/hotmail ID, "pizzathehutt990," which was just something... crazy, I guess. I don't have that any more either.

heh, spaceballs

I think I've aways been Bad furday, with variations in the characters used, like the fancy squiggle 'f'

I petition for the return of the fancy "f". It had character!

Mara

heh, spaceballs

:D

Uncle Du

Sadly, the history of my name is not so illustrious as some others.

When I first came to the SW boards, I was Master Du Hass. It soon was shortened to Du Hass, later to be followed by just Du, and the small variants that I had to use to get around having a 2 letter SN. :p

So, I've pretty much always been the Du. And I think I can say that I have about the most notoriously punned SN in the history of man-kind. Between Prin and NM alone the numbers must be in the millions. :p

As for gaming, the only game I really ever played online was Diablo II, and my barb there was Damned_Killer and my sorc was ColdHardBeyotch. I thought that was pretty original. ;)

CorSec

Drake just reminded me of another. To think I had almost forgotten.

When I played Jedi Academy 3 years ago, I would go by CorSec. With many players unfamiliar with star wars lore, the name had little meaning around the meager clan I had joined online. To be fair, many of them were younger than I was at the time (which is saying something), and the nickname "CorSex" stuck. If you wanted to be particularly rebellious, you might have even took it further with "HardCorSex". Amusing for everyone!

GI or chozen picked up on it and brought it here after I introduced them to the clan server I generally played on. I guess "CorSecks" is the version you use if you want to be cute about it.

Radioactive Isotope

yeah, i remember that. something about the HoT clan or domain or somesuch.

anywho, on to my screen names:

started out on SW.com as jedimaster91, which got shortened to JM. the SW.com ones are a little hazy. i know i was Black Cat for awhile and i think Country Girl in there somewhere. i don't even remember the rest, lol. on GB, i started as jedimaster91 (original, i know), then Country Girl, Firefly, Charmed, Phantom Thief Dark (after one of my favorite anime characters), Kisa Sohma (another anime character), Disney Junkie (cuz Disney rox0rz), and now Pirate King in honor of POTC3. i think i'm due for another name change as soon as i decide what i want to change it to, lol.

Rogue

That got changed to ROGUEeleven which got changed to Rogue.

That was kinda forced upon you though, seeing as there were the 3 Jainas' in the original Psychopathic Jedi... which all got shortened to Rogue, Jaina, and Sticks. hehe whatever happened to them anyways... Did you kill them, Rogue; so you could be the only one? :p

*whistles innocently* :shifty:

And I have no problem being just Rogue...after all I am a rogue, and the name also implies a strong heroic tradition of blowing sith up against unfavorable and sometimes downright nasty odds. :D

And it's my favorite X-men :p

Ana

Started at swmb as Ana Blue, which with the evolution of JPL I became Ana Mendoz, an OC instead of an established character. Then people kept reading right over my posts, which led to me becoming The Invisible Ana. And then that got shorted to Ana. And, uh, yeah, that's pretty much it, sw-wise.

I don't even remember how I came up with my LJ username. My email has always been some variant of Hestia, the Greek goddess of the hearth.

CorSec

started out on SW.com as jedimaster91, which got shortened to JM.

Aha! I figured it out. Seriously though, Pirate King? Throwing me off the trail completely with the gender confusion. I had no idea who you were :p

Then people kept reading right over my posts, which led to me becoming The Invisible Ana. And then that got shorted to Ana.

Dang, I never realized the Invisible part had much meaning. This quote proves that I read your post :D

Radioactive Isotope

started out on SW.com as jedimaster91, which got shortened to JM.

Aha! I figured it out. Seriously though, Pirate King? Throwing me off the trail completely with the gender confusion. I had no idea who you were :p

did you not see POTC3? :p

CorSec

No! So don't spoil it. :D

Radioactive Isotope

once you see it, you'll understand ;)

Mara

Don't worry, CorSec, I haven't seen it yet either. :p

Rogue

And you're both still...ALIVE?! :eek:

That movie rocked ^^

Radioactive Isotope

it's at the $1 theater here :D

Andy

Another one. Yessss. *rubs hands together menacingly*

Get to our WoW thread, nub. :D

Hey, I'm pretty sure he was playing WoW before you were :p

To be fair, many of them were younger than I was at the time (which is saying something), and the nickname "CorSex" stuck. If you wanted to be particularly rebellious, you might have even took it further with "HardCorSex". Amusing for everyone!

GI or chozen picked up on it and brought it here after I introduced them to the clan server I generally played on. I guess "CorSecks" is the version you use if you want to be cute about it.

Haha I remember that... good times :p

Then people kept reading right over my posts, which led to me becoming The Invisible Ana.

I always wondered how that came about. lol

Andy

it's at the $1 theater here :D

$1? How can they possibly make any money? lol

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.