Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Legacy of the Force: Revelation [spoilers inside!]

Mara

Yeah, I saw this on starwars.com.

Bah, he gets two covers. :p

Mara

Hmm.. what's the big "revelation" gonna be?

And, plus.. Looks like maybe all that boring Boba Fett/Mando stuff might have had a purpose.. if only to have Jacen torture his daughter and give Jaina some ammo and reason to train with Boba Fett. Least, that's what it seemed at the end of Fury.

Radioactive Isotope

heh. Jacen is looking very emoish and Sithly. kinda creepy, actually.

Mara

I think that is his point in life. :p

Drake

Come to expect some kind of Mandalorian to creep their way into all of Karen Traviss' books these days. She's the Mando expert afterall...and she's creating their entire language...like Klingon. :|

Mara

Yeah...

And it does seem like the three different authors have their own styles... Karen is all Boba, Aaron is all pilots....

I wish they blended more together as a series.

I just hope this Mando-centric book is better than the previous two. Since it seems Boba will have some sort of "purpose" in it.

Velus Preez

Yeah...

And it does seem like the three different authors have their own styles... Karen is all Boba, Aaron is all pilots....

I wish they blended more together as a series.

I just hope this Mando-centric book is better than the previous two. Since it seems Boba will have some sort of "purpose" in it.

I agree with Mara and I would add one thing. Though Karen is a good writer sometimes it seems the way she structures here writing feels... desperate. Aaron Allston I think does a much better job of organizing all of his writing to make it coherent. I like the Mando / Fett story arcs because I think it gives the Star Wars universe a greater depth. Rather than relying on the Jedi's to make or break every story mere mortals also have a chance to influence it as well. But as I said Karen's writing style puts me off. There is something about it, I have yet to pin point, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Andy

I'd always liked Allston's style. His X-wing books a great, and his NJO books were an amazing bit of comic relief the otherwise crappy situation they were all in.

Ana

You can say that again... if it wasn't for Allston's fitting-yet-not-completely-doom-y addition to the NJO, I really think I would've slit my wrists over the series. I'm sorry if that comes off strong to anyone, but it's the honest truth. My life wasn't in a happy place right then, and my hobby of Star Wars which normally made me happy was killing everyone off and adding to my depression. If there'd been one more drag-down book that coincided with another disaster in my personal lie, I would've snapped.

Drake

I remember that...

*huggles Ana*

Andy

Group hug, everyone.

*joins the huggle with Drake and Ana* :p

Andy

Way to kill the conversation, huh? ;)

Drake

Way to go, murderer.

Andy

How dare you call me a murderer... you slanderer!

*murders Drake*

:shifty:

Mara

Now, now... if you're gonna murder anyone, murder Jacen Solo. :p

Ana

Thanks guys. *huggles B and D* I guess I did get the thread a little off topic, though. Oops.

Awww. But if Jacen dies now I'm afraid that Tenel Ka will fade back into EU obscurity. And let's face it, I'm a TK fangirl, so that would suck. I like the fact that she's getting some action!

Pun entirely intended. :p

Radioactive Isotope

*refrains from inappropriate comment* :p

dang, we're gonna need to start discussing the books in the Club. :???:

Mara

I completely agree Ana.. and even though she's not my favorite, I do like Tenel Ka better now that she's older.

And, honestly, I do not think they'll kill of Jacen. Too many deaths already.

Radioactive Isotope

i'm not seeing how he has any shot at redemption.

Mara

Maybe he won't be redeemed.... maybe he won't be defeated at the end of Invinceable.... I dunno.

We'll find out.

I haven't read the comics yet, so I don't know what "actually happens."

Radioactive Isotope

they all die :p

Princess

I don't think that Tenel Ka will fade away now that Han and Leia know that Allana is their granddaughter

Mara

they all die :p

Obviously. :p

I was speaking more on the manner of their death, lol.

Edited by Mara

Winters

This BETTER not be Hamlet. I don't everyone dead by the end of the series. Well, but Jania has to live so she can marry Jag and they return to the Chiss empire and take over it, etc. and yeah. NOT HAMLET.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.