Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

This is important!

Pandora

Daniel proposed, and we're officially engaged!!!!! :D :love:

Drake

WOOHOO!! IT'S DRINKING TIME!!

:cheers:

Mara

Yay, congrats!

It must have been him joining here that did it. ;)

Pandora

I doubt that very much, actually, lol.

Mara

We can pretend. :p

Ender

I'll break down with that funk!

YAR!! :beer:

Princess

Congrats girl! *brings in a load of spice and starts mixing it with alcohol*

This calls for a drink!

Pandora

Yay! Thanks!

Yeah, I've been grinning like a fool for two days now!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jake Durron

TEEHEE I knew that but still CONGRANTZULATIONSESESES!!!!!

Andy

Congratumalations! :D

Rogue

*runs up and jumps her from behind* :D Congratulations my sister! You lovebirds set a date yet?

Pandora

Thanks guys. No definite date yet. We're thinking it's going to probably be around Feb of 2009. That will give us time to buy and move into a house, and time for me to plan the wedding, since my fiance is pretty much convinced himself all he has to do is show up. But I want to have the house first since we're pretty much paying for everything ourselves. ... and that way we don't have to wait too long to start having those three or four daughters he wants, lol.

Bad furday

Three or four?! :eek:

Lol, congrats! :party: :D

Ender

As long as one of us is guaranteed a drunken speech at the wedding, it's all good. :D

Pandora

It will probably be after the wedding, and it'll probably be from one of my parents.

And yeah, Furday, that's what I said. All of his aunts (his mother has only sisters) have at least three kids, except for one. And according to his family's crazy gender pattern (he has all brothers), he is due to have nothing but girls. And the sweet thing is, nothing would make him happier than to have a houseful of daughters. At least I don't have to worry about him trying to make one of them play football or something, lol.

Ana

Congrats, Pod! :D That's wonderful news.

TheUnknown

Congrats, Podly One.

Pandora

Thank you!

Okay, I picked my colors last night: Silver and white (winter wedding, remember). And I've got a preliminary idea of the wedding party (well, I at least approved Daniel's early choice for best man), and I've got an idea of where I want the wedding and reception to be, depending on cost, which I will find out in the coming months. If it's reasonable enough, I'd like to use one of the ballrooms at the Holiday Inn Select in Midtown. It's a beautiful hotel and the few times I've been there, I've always had an excellent experience with the staff. He did give me permission to spend some money on a cake. I keep throwing ideas at him and he keeps giving me the, "whatever you want, baby," attitude.

*grins* I'm the luckiest girl in the world!!!! :D

Radioactive Isotope

awwwww. little Pod's all grown up *tear*

congrats, girlie. here's wishing you and your beloved all the happiness in the galaxy. and i'm officially jealous. *pointed glance at Rob*

Pandora

Wait, I thought you two were already making plans?

Radioactive Isotope

we've discussed it, but no ring yet. *sniffle* by November we'll either be engaged or broke up, lol. but enough about me. yay Pod!!

Pandora

Thanks! One of the neighbor girls asked me if I cried. And when I said no, she goes, "But you're supposed to cry!" I said, "Well, I did sorta bug him about it for a while."

Rubezsia

Congratulations Pod! How did he ask you? Was it romantic?

Pandora

Thanks! It was perfect for him, seeing as he's kinda shy and something bg, public and embarrassing is no where near his style.

See, I'd mentioned to him that I wanted to get a stamp made that had my name, location, and phone number on it for work so I would have an easy alternative to business cards. Well he had the stamp made, but when he handed it to me, I took one look at it and said, "That's cute, sweetie, but I can't use it." He says, "why not?" He had put his last name on it instead of mine, so I told him it wouldn't be very professional. SO then he digs back into the Office Depot bag and pulls out a red jewelry box, gets down on a knee and opens it, showing me the ring set we'd picked out for me--IN THE RIGHT SIZE AND EVERYTHING!!! So I started giggling like an idiot and then, well, he did too, lol.

Then after all the excitement, he says, "I had a stamp made with your maiden name too, by the way." lol So he did several amazing things: came up with a unique way of proposing, got the rings we'd picked out, had them sized correctly, and listened to what I'd said about wanting the stamp, logged it and remembered it! lol

Drake

I've already heard this story but....D'AWWWW! :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.