Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Legacy of the Force: Fury [Speculation/SPOILERS]

Mara

Well, well.. what can happen next?

I hope they explain why Jacen chose Caedus. Am I the only one wondering how it just randomly popped into his head?

Anyway.. after what just happened... FURY is right on target for a title.

Though, I forget who's on the cover this time.. anyone got a link?

I just really, really, really hope Ben doesn't do anything stupid when he and Luke and the others find out who killed Mara. He cannot go down the same path. It'd be overkill.

My take.. Jacen will take over the galaxy and rule as evil whiny Sithboy for a while... then eventually at the end of the series Luke will take him down. Yay.

And I'm sure the war will escalate, as Inferno probably indicates.

Enough of my musings.

*hits Jacen with shovel repeatedly*

Edited by Mara

Mara

Ahh, right.. I remember seeing that now... I remember people complaining how the cover art wasn't accurate. :roll:

I kind of like the term Sithboy. :p

Another link to the cover.. that might load faster. :p

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20070601.html

Oh, ooops.. I think I have the order wrong. :p

Edited by Mara

Radioactive Isotope

Ben's hair isn't red enough.....

Mara

Yeah, but none of the covers have been all too accurate, lol.

It looks funny, with his hair all slicked back.

Radioactive Isotope

he kinda looks like Anakin from ATOC

Mara

Hmm... a little....

Winters

I hope they explain why Jacen chose Caedus. Am I the only one wondering how it just randomly popped into his head.

Hello everyone,

I know I am new, but I wish to shine some insite in the name our favorite Solo son has chosen. Caedus is an obvious Latin word for those who've taken three plus years of Latin. The word Caedus is a rough variation of the Latin word for slaughter or a butcher, even murder, caedes (nominative, meaning first person active noun). And if you play with the Latin, roughly it can translate to someone who slaughters or kills/murders. So this would be a warning of bloodshead in the future. And yet... I still have given up hope. Oh how the beautiful Mara Jade fell... ... oh sorry, just... yes... pity.

Anyway, if you are a good student of the novels, the novel of Episode III should give you an insite on how the name was chosen. Anakin chose Vader just because he wanted it, he wished it, he desired it. As we all should know, Vader is dutch for Father, so yet again we fall into the chosing the names of Sith Lords via foriegn languages. On a side note, the closest word in Latin to Sididus, pardon my woeful spelling, is sidus which is star or constellation and in another context glory.

Well, there's a weak explaination into the

Drake

Thank you very much for your insight, Col. Winters! I was aware of the meaning behind Vader and I think I heard a different translation of Caedus but it is very interesting learning the sources for different names and such in Star Wars.

Oh, and stop on by The Lomin Spout cantina in the Spaceport for your complimentary blue lomin, on the house!

:D

Mara

Well, obviously, there's no Latin in the Star Wars universe.. but it's a good insight.

Oh, and, Palpatine picked Vader for Anakin; Anakin didn't pick it.

And to me, Sidious just feels like "sinister" lol... but star is cool, too.

Anyway, back to Fury.. which comes after Inferno.

Drake

He's saying that the names chosen BY THE AUTHORS and GEORGE LUCAS were taken from real languages. Of course there's no Latin in Star Wars.

Edited by Drake

Mara

Yes. I didn't mean it that way. Gosh. :roll:

Princess

Well, obviously, there's no Latin in the Star Wars universe.. but it's a good insight.

Oh, and, Palpatine picked Vader for Anakin; Anakin didn't pick it.

Anyway, back to Fury.. which comes after Inferno.

Thank you Captain Obvious

Andy

Don't know the word insidious?

in?sid?i?ous /ɪnˈsɪdiəs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-sid-ee-uhs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

?adjective

1. intended to entrap or beguile: an insidious plan.

2. stealthily treacherous or deceitful: an insidious enemy.

3. operating or proceeding in an inconspicuous or seemingly harmless way but actually with grave effect: an insidious disease.

I'd say that describes Palpy perfectly. lol

Edited by Andy

Mara

Yes, but I just said that it also sounds like sinister, to me.

Winters

Bona dea (Yes... Latin), I would never think that I would do this. Forgive me, but I don't feel that bad.

Now get back on topic... please...?

Mara

I'm kind of back and forth on this one... 1). I'm super excited for it, of course.... but, I'm also kind of 2). scared to read about what Ben does.

I really, really hope that he doesn't do anything stupid... even though I'm sure he will.

And Luke can't stop him because he still thinks Alema killed Mara.

Sigh. I don't want Ben to do anything in his anger that he will regret.

Darth Callous

Hey folks, i'm new.

Here's what I want to see, but I know ultimately how it'll end up. If any of you read the star wars comics (Legacy series) you know that the galactic alliance survives. That already lets us know that Jacen doesn't succeed in ruling the galaxy (unfortunately). There has already been some crossover with Lumiya and Alema visiting this new group of Sith on Korriban, so it would make sense that they would keep the continuity.

We also know from the Legacy comic books that the skywalker line continues, so we know that Ben procreates (unless Luke gets drunk and frisky during his mourning for Mara).

Anyway, I want to see Jacen fight and defeat Luke. Luke is such a weak character anymore. No decisions, just kind of lets things happen. That's crap. I love Jacen following Sith teachings. I would love Jacen to get Ben to come over to the dark side and actually have Ben kill Luke and then make that wake Ben up and have Ben defeat Jacen. That probably won't happen, but seriously, we can't have Luke die of old age....

Radioactive Isotope

i wouldn't want to be the author that writes Luke's death, however :p

hello and welcome to GB! please stop by the Lomin Spout for a free drink. :)

Mara

No... I don't think Luke is weak, either.

And I think it would be appreciated for those of us who haven't read the Legacy comics to keep this thread to just Fury.

Princess

I have to say, I just love Aaron Allston, he's gotta write some of the funniest lines in the EU.

Anyways, here come the spoilers...

I'm so freaking happy that Jag killed Alema and that him and Jaina are friends again.

Jacen must die. Trying to threaten your own daughter's life after thinking that everything that you're doing is for her. Shame on him!

And poor Tycho, pulled between duty to Jacen (more the GA though) and duty to his closest friends. Not sure why he hasn't defected yet.

Mara

Here we go... Lots of spoilers, beware!

Okay, my thoughts....

First off: Jag's line about knowing the first step to using a lightsaber is to "not grab the glowy end"... I freakin' almost bust a gut laughing. Seriously. Jag = awesome.

To seriousness...

Jacen is completely DELUSIONAL. How can he NOT see he's becoming Darth Vader x2? I mean, really! Now even the other offices on the Anakin Solo, especially after he choked what's her face, are scared of him.

Umm.. parallels!

And besides the fact that he still thinks Alema killed Mara... Luke is finally coming to his senses. Finally becoming what we (well, me) all missed before she died, before all this silly Darth Sithyboy business. But at least he's leading again and showing the other Masters and Jedi what's goin' down and sitting around moping and wanting to die (like Ben thought).

And kudos to Ben for "saving" Luke and bringing him back from the brink. I'm liking Ben more and more now. For that and for finally growing up and listening to his father about Jacen (for now), leaving his anger behind and not wanting to Jacen in a blind revenge (or fury, haha). I think he'll be one of the best young Jedi coming up in the new few months, years.

But.. was I the only one wondering when Ben found the time to create his lightsaber? Or was he still using his given one at the end of the novel?

He made me happy by not going for what I feared the most. I guess all the "Fury" was merely Jacen getting angrier and wanting to end the war and bring world peace and save all the puppies.... Er... yeah. And kidnap Allanna to make Tenel Ka pay.

He and Luke are now like the big Dynamic Duo of Star Wars. Woo!

And, as much as I dislike Zekk... I did enjoy the extra chapters that dealt with the trio of Jaina, Jag and Zekk. We can't read about Luke and/or Jacen ALL the time. And I like these parts better than all the Han and Leia parts, that mostly seemed silly and pointless.

I was glad that Jag might have gotten through to Jaina about the way she was acting and preparing herself. Not quite sure what's gonna go on with them... but at least they are more friendly now.

Though.. I wonder if Zekk will really be "better" after his dark side "experience." Have to wait and see. Thoughts of wanting to kill Jag and jump on Jaina? Creepy.

Either way.... Jag was super sexy... with his armor and everything... mmm. Weird, considering I never really was all into Jag in that way. But he's just an awesome character and I want him and Jaina together, dangit!!

Alema is dead! FINALLY! Gosh. I never thought that chick would die. And I wouldn't be surprised if she came back. Really. But hopefully she's gone forever. And now all we have to deal with are Jacen/Caedus.. and those other Sith on Korriban.

And I'm wondering if maybe part of the reason after Alema was killed and Luke was still morose is maybe because unconsciously he feels that Alema was not Mara's killer? Maybe? I dunno. Ben snapped him out of his funk, either way.

Han and Allanna and Leia know that Jacen is Allanna's father now... And if Leia thought the girl looked so familiar.. why didn't see notice before? On other visits earlier in the series? It just seemed random for her to figure out now.

And, they didn't seem all that surprised. I mean, Han was... but he dealt with it easily. I thought there would have been a bigger outcry.

I'm just waiting for Jaina's reaction when she finds out.... And Luke's reaction...

And I was so pissed when I thought Jacen, I mean, Caedus (still not used to that..) had killed Saba. I'm glad she and Kyle survived. They're fighters.

And silly Sithboy Jacen avoided a battle with Ben and Luke because of Allanna. I think he's forgetting his priorities (lame though they are). Just like he was thinking earlier. He couldn't let his daughter dictate his actions. Well, OOPSIE!

So I guess we'll have to wait for Revelation and probably Invincible for the big battle with Jacen vs Luke or Jaina or Leia or Ben or all the Jedi...

And... what the heck? Jaina is going to train with Boba Fett? If I figured that out right... That she needs to have the help of someone (Boba Fett) related to someone Jacen tortured (Ailyn).

Seems a petty way to bring Boba Fett back into the whole story. Or maybe it'll be good .. and all those first two novels with Boba Fett that were hideously boring won't have been all for nothing.

And I have to say this: Lando a dad? EW! Like he said, he's so old!

So the big question is (since I am not reading the excerpt AT ALL) what's the revelation in Revelation?

Jacen figuring out his parents know about Alanna? Luke finally finding the truth about Mara's death? Or will it just be simply Jacen revealing himself as Darth Caedus more openly? Hmm.. many questions there are.

'Cause everyone (but Jacen) knows that his is evil... but they don't know HOW evil and how close and into the Sith he actually is.

I was kind of hoping they would find more at Lumiya's lair about the fake Brisha... but it was exploded. Darn.

Princess

I think, that Han and Leia didn't know about Allana earlier because Tenel Ka kept Allana hidden from everyone who knows Jacen, just for that reason

Mara

But they have visited Tenel Ka before and met Allanna.

Or are you saying she kept her hidden in the Force?

Radioactive Isotope

i would think she would have to. especially if she doesn't want anyone--Han and Leia specifically come to mind here--to find out Jacen is Alana's father.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.