Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Squadron RPG Rules, FAQs, and Other Important Stuff

Chickenman

Hi, and welcome to the Revenant Squadron RPG.

A Few Rules:

• *The RPG will be written as a third person story in past tense.
    *The purpose of the game is to create a story, not to win.
    *Each player is allowed to control one character. They have complete control of their character, though if someone needs to borrow a character for something, it's allowed, so long as the original player doesn't object to the way their character is used. Little actions, such as turning on a holo projector or flying in formation, can be posted by anyone, again, so long as they treat the character correctly.
    *If you are leaving for an extended period of time, you may give your character to another person to RP.
    *If you go away without giving your character to someone else and your character is needed, one of the leadership will post for you. (We're good at what we do. Don't worry).
    *If you disappear for a few months, your character may be killed or given away to someone else.
    *In addition to the pilot characters, there will be a selection of minor characters that everyone will be able to control. Assuming, of course, they stay in character.
    *If a post interrupts the flow of the story, a player maybe be asked to make changes.
    *Flaming isn't gonna be tolerated.
    *No one's invincible. No God-modding. Just try to make your characters realistic.
    *<cliche>Have fun!</cliche>

FAQs

(Note: Very few of these "Frequently Asked Questions" have ever been asked, and none have been asked frequently.)

Q: What is this?

A: It's called an RPG.

Q: Yeah, but what's it about?

A: Oh. Basically, it tells the story of a fighter squadron similar to the Top Secret Wraith Squadron of the X-Wing Novels. That is, they are, in addition to crack fighter pilots, also skilled commandos and spies.

Q: You have way too much time on your hands, don't you?

A: Yes.

Q: What will the gameplay be like?

A: Basically, we'll be working together to write a larger story. As for what exactly we'll be writing, I'm aiming for there to be a balance between dogfights and commando/spy operations. Also, there's definitely going to be some downtime between missions where you can play around with the characters, adding drama, romance, whatever.

Q: Where in Star Wars Chronology does this take place?

A: 8 Years after the Battle of Yavin. More specifically, some time after "The Courtship of Princess Leia" novel.

Q: Can I play as a Jedi?

A: No.

Q: How about a Force Sensitive?

A: Force sensitives aren't Jedi, but they can use the Force in ways that make them superior to others and give them an upper hand. Plus, at this time period, Force Sensitives are supposed to be very rare. Thus, no Force Sensitve characters will be allowed.

Q: I don't have any more questions at the moment.

A: Good.

And if anyone out there needs to know something, just ask me, Chickenman.

Edited by Chickenman

Mara

How much farther after the novel "Courtship"?

Like, are Han and Leia married yet?

But still a year or so before the Thrawn Trilogy?

Chickenman

Han and Leia were married at the end of Courtship, were they not? But I don't want to really use any major characters anyway. More fun to make our own. Also, Thrawn is a year away. If the RPG runs long enough, we might even get there, which would be awesome, getting to fight Thrawn.

And the twins were born 9 ABY, Rogue. :p

Rogue

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything :shifty:

Chickenman

You didn't have to delete your post. :p

Rogue

I have no idea what you're talking about ;)

Mara

Han and Leia were married at the end of Courtship, were they not? But I don't want to really use any major characters anyway. More fun to make our own. Also, Thrawn is a year away. If the RPG runs long enough, we might even get there, which would be awesome, getting to fight Thrawn.

And the twins were born 9 ABY, Rogue. :p

Oh, I was figuring that canon characters were out.. I just like to have an idea of the year/timeline, lol.

Another question....

Do you have anything against Force-sensitive characters? Not actual Jedi, of course, but Force users.

Also.. how fighter/battle based will it be? 'Cause I'm not real adept at describing fighter battles.

Chickenman

Force sensitives aren't Jedi, but they can use the Force in ways that make them superior to others and give them an upper hand. Plus, at this time period, Force Sensitives are supposed to be very rare. Thus, I'd really prefer that we don't use them

As for how fighter based it would be, I'm aiming for there to be a balance between dogfights and commando/spy operations. If you really don't think you'd be that good of a writer when it comes to space battles, you can always let your flight leader or wingman take control of them during battles. Your pilot won't be winning any medals, but they'll be there. Also, there's definitely going to be some downtime between missions where you can play around with the characters, adding drama, romance, whatever.

Mara

Okay, cool. I just need to edit my character's bio then. He's a descendant of a Jedi, but that doesn't necessarily make him Force-sensitive. It was many generations ago. :p

Ah, okay. Well, I can usually make do in battles.. it's just not very realistic, and I have limited moves. :p

Chickenman

I'm sure it'll be fine, lol. Besides, the drama stuff is just as important.

Mara

Oh, indeed.

I like relationship-based stories, whether RP or not.

Rogue

Glad to have you with us Mara ^^

Ender

I like curry.

Mara

Good to know. :p

My character's all up... let me know if I forgot a category.

Mara

Crazy question... will this suffer the same fate as the Druckenwell RP? :p

Chickenman

Hopefully not. I'm really just waiting on Furday, and then it's gonna start.

Andy

For asking that question... you will die. [/palpy]

Chickenman

I think she jinxed it. :nerves:

Andy

We'll offer her as a sacrifice to the forum gods!

Oh wait, I killed that forum...

Chickenman

Did you?

Rogue

What a relief. I could never think up good sacrifices.

Mara

Aye, and it was kind of silly anyway.

Princess

That was the whole point of it anyways. It was called "What happens when Pod and Prin get bored." Not that you'd know anything about sillyness anyways

Mara

I put this in the storyline thread.. but since it's a question, I'll post here as well...

Is Red squadron gonna be just you posting some minor characters throughout.. or are we gonna eventually make characters for that as well?

Edited by Mara

Chickenman

Those are just minor characters. But if we got a huge number of players I suppose I could expand it a bit more.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.