Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Jake Durron

Monthly Debate #2

Jake Durron

Pod we love you but the Bushes are dumb evil ewoks with very little sense or capacity to save our country's pride.

TheUnknown

Pod we love you but the Bushes are dumb evil ewoks with very little sense or capacity to save our country's pride.

Forget pride. How about saving our country...period.

Pandora

How many terrorist attacks have there been since the war, and I'll even let you include 9/11 as four separate attacks. *counts on fingers* hmmm Four. That's odd.

TheUnknown

Let's see. Forgetting about Osama bin Laden to chase someone with no weapons of mass destruction. Giving the terrorists free recruiting videos showing death and destruction of innocent civilians. Trying to sell operations of American ports to not only a foreign government but an undemocratic state that was one of the few countries to recognize the Taliban. Trying to raise the maximum levels allowed for mercury and arsenic, both deadly to humans (what good does bombing other countries do if our own water is dangerous). The continuous push for job-killing "free" trade agreements. Opposition to embryonic stem cell research. Use of torture. Shall I go on?

Chickenman

How many terrorist attacks have there been since the war, and I'll even let you include 9/11 as four separate attacks. *counts on fingers* hmmm Four. That's odd.

Actually, those four happened before the war, so the correct answer is that there have been no terrorist attacks on American soil since 9/11.

So?

Big whup. You're saying if Kerry or Gore weren't elected, we'd all be killed? I'm sure. Unlike Bush, Gore actually read his intelligence reports. And Gore didn't pick and choose only the information that supported his cause, like that dumbewok, President Bush. It's actually a miracle we haven't been attacked, because Iraq is nothing but a recruiting convention for Al Qaeda.

Edited by Chickenman

Pandora

Please do, Unknown, it's entertaining.

No one bothered to ask if I was still a major Bush fan, which I am not. He's too liberal for me now, and personally, I think he could have done a hell of a lot better. My whole point of the rolled-up-paper-whacking was that it doesn't matter whether you agree or not, they still deserve respect as our leaders. Take for instance the fact that I cannot stand Nancy Pelosi. But I'm not going around criticizing her every move, now am I? No. Our governmental system is designed to protect us from our government. I don't suppose you are going to go off and insult George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and the rest of our Founding Fathers, are you? Because then I might have to actually take offense.

Chickenman

Please do, Unknown, it's entertaining.

No one bothered to ask if I was still a major Bush fan, which I am not. He's too liberal for me now, and personally, I think he could have done a hell of a lot better. My whole point of the rolled-up-paper-whacking was that it doesn't matter whether you agree or not, they still deserve respect as our leaders. Take for instance the fact that I cannot stand Nancy Pelosi. But I'm not going around criticizing her every move, now am I? No. Our governmental system is designed to protect us from our government. I don't suppose you are going to go off and insult George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and the rest of our Founding Fathers, are you? Because then I might have to actually take offense.

Bush is too liberal for you?????

And yes, they do deserve our respect, but at the same time, they need to act accordingly to keep our respect. Bush hasn't, and I don't respect the asshole.

As for insulting the founding fathers, here I go: John Adams is an asshole for the Alien and Sedition Acts, which was the Patriot Act of the early 1800s. Thomas Jefferson was a dick for cheating on his wife.

An unquestioned government leads to tyranny. That's why Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Washington ensured a free press was guaranteed by the Constitution. We're dishonoring their memories by not criticizing the government.

And did anyone notice that ENDER tried to break it up?

Creepy.

Pandora

Interesting point, Chicken, but watch the language. Respecting your leaders means not partaking in childish name calling.

So Jefferson be damned for cheating on his wife... Now let's all think WAAAAAAY back to the Clinton era. Oral sex is still sex and it is still cheating.

Chickenman

Actually, I'm quite fond of Jefferson. Just proving the point that nobody's perfect. I was nitpicking, lol, I honestly don't care. His business, not mine.

Same with Clinton. *GASP* Clinton got a blowjob? Nevermind all the economic prosperity and relative peace his administration brought us, he got a blowjob!

Bush is doing more than a consensual blowjob. He's raping the country.

Pandora

That economic prosperity of which you speak was actually a surplus, which meant the taxes were too high and nothing was being done with all that money.

Chickenman

Our taxes are too high? In 2001 (before the tax cuts, I believe) of the 30 richest democracies in the world, the United States paid 29th lowest in taxes as a percentage of the GDP. Our taxes aren't high, it's just that the language of them is confusing.

And what do you suggest he should have done with that surplus? Certainly not put it into social programs! :nerves:

Radioactive Isotope

education could use it badly.

TheUnknown

I couldn't help but to notice, Pod, that you didn't answer any of the things I said, your only defence being essentially, "Shut up, you shouldn't say that."

Our leaders have to be questioned, especially when the health, education, economic livelihoods, and lives of millions are at stake.

Oh, and about Ender, check out what he got in the "What is your political persuasion" quiz.

Radioactive Isotope

what many people don't seem to realize is that if they want the government to fund social programs, taxes need to go up. the feds have to get money from somewhere. compounded by the fact that many people would rather let the government take care of everything instead of doing what they can for themselves, taxes should be sky high. but they're not (as far as i know.). ergo, social programs are going to suffer.

Chickenman

Pfft! We don't need to give more money to education! We have the No Child Left Behind Act! I mean, it makes perfect sense to first pass an act to improve education, and then cut funding to education!

And about Ender, I know. I just like to barb people. :p

Radioactive Isotope

ah, No Child Left Behind......sounds good on paper. implication seems to be a bit off, however. :p

Chickenman

Implication seems to be geared towards eradicating public schools and boosting recruiting numbers.

TheUnknown

I find it interesting that the same party that wanted to abolish the Department of Education was so eager to pass a bill giving the federal government so much power in education. I smell a rat.

I also find it interesting that party that tried to abolish Medicare tried to "save it." I smell another rat.

Ender

You people are depressing. Stop it.

Chickenman

Depressing? How so?

Ender

Look back through the topics contained in this thread. Not the topic of the thread, but the things described within. That's depressing.

Radioactive Isotope

the world in general, Ender, is a depressing place

Ender

I know. That's why I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion.

Drake

Is Gore running for President again? If so, I really and truely hope that he wins. His stance on the environment will help the entire world. The United States is one of, if not, THE biggest polluting countries and is one that constantly tiptoes around the Kyoto Accord.

Mara

Currently, I don't think he is. But there's another year and a half left, lol.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.