Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Weekly Poll #80: Blood Type

Blood Type  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TheUnknown

I don't know mine. I've heard my dad had O+ and my mom has B-. And I've heard my mom had to get a shot when she got pregnant because of the different blood types and then again after she had me because I had a different blood type. So, I might have B+

Andy

I can't remember. I think I'm A+ but I'll have to check. lol

Princess

I'm A+. Unknown, you're either B or O, but more likely B and most likely positive. And since your dad is Rh Positive and your mom is Rh negative, then yes, she needed a shot so that if you are Rh positive her red cells wouldn't form an antibody to yours and attack them while in the womb and make you retarded. And if she got a second one after you were born, then you are Rh positive

Ayingel

well, i don't know now, but if you give me a week or two i'll tell ya :p

TheUnknown

I'm A+. Unknown, you're either B or O, but more likely B and most likely positive. And since your dad is Rh Positive and your mom is Rh negative, then yes, she needed a shot so that if you are Rh positive her red cells wouldn't form an antibody to yours and attack them while in the womb and make you retarded. And if she got a second one after you were born, then you are Rh positive

I knew that her blood would have attacked me (sounds kind of bad horror-movieish) but I didn't know it could lead to retardation. I always thought it would just lead to miscarriage. I don't remember her having to get a second shot when my sister was born, but we have different fathers.

Andy

Is "retardation" even a word? lol

Andy

Oh, lol. It just sounds made up :p

Princess

I knew that her blood would have attacked me (sounds kind of bad horror-movieish) but I didn't know it could lead to retardation. I always thought it would just lead to miscarriage. I don't remember her having to get a second shot when my sister was born, but we have different fathers.

Ok with the first baby it can just lead to mild jaundice. However in consecutive pregnancies, without treatment, if mom forms an anti-D, that antibody can grow stronger, attack more of the fetuses red cells and if that happens and bilirubin levels go up and build up in the brain, you can end up retarded. And in subsuquent pregnancies miscarriage and stillbirth can occur

Radioactive Isotope

heh. Prin beat me to it. anywho, i'm O+ :D

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Princess

Yeah well, I have a degree in blood. And no, you're not the universal recipient. That's AB+. You can only have O blood, either positive or negative

Radioactive Isotope

i don't know what you're talking about :shifty:

Princess

I shoulda quoted it

Drake

*skips over all of Prin's mumbo jumbo*

Soo...bad blood = retard babies

TheUnknown

No, incompatible blood types=retarded babies.

Ok with the first baby it can just lead to mild jaundice. However in consecutive pregnancies, without treatment, if mom forms an anti-D, that antibody can grow stronger, attack more of the fetuses red cells and if that happens and bilirubin levels go up and build up in the brain, you can end up retarded. And in subsuquent pregnancies miscarriage and stillbirth can occur

That might explain why I had jaundice when I was born. It might also explain why my mom had two miscarriages between me and my sister (who is perfectly healthy, by the way).

Mara

I'm O+.

Edited by Mara

Ayingel

well, i know my mom is A+ and my dad is O, but i can't remember if he's positive or negative tho...

Chris/Tauntaun13

I'm B+. At least that's what they said in the army but I've heard they get it wrong from time to time...

Radioactive Isotope

if you donate blood with the Red Cross, they'll send you a card with your type on it.

Princess

Any blood center will :p

Uncle Du

A- here. I remember it, cause that was my GPA in high school. :p

And, it's on the back of my ID. :D

Andy

I've got a blood donor's card somewhere... Dunno where cos I don't use it any more since they told me I'm not allowed to give blood. :roll:

Ana

How very ewokin' lame of them.

Andy

Yep. I'd already donated like, 3 times before they said I couldn't aswell. Silly peoples!

Ana

I haven't been allowed to donate 'cause of my meds... and then last summer I traveled to Belize, so that's strike two. But by August, if they don't put me back on the Big Whompin' Meds, I'll be able to donate.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.