Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Du

The Fantasy Sports Thread

Uncle Du

OK, so stop me if this is too redundant, but I think there is enough interest here to have this thread, especially if we're going to have GB leagues in fantasy sports. Post here if you are interested in a league, want to join, or have any ideas. Just cause I started this thread doesn't mean I have to be the comissioner for all the leagues either. If you make, tell people here, give links, etc. Also, if this does get up and going, this can also be the place to talk about players, and their importance in the fantasy realm of sporting.

Don't get turned off even if you're not a huge sports person. I've only been doing this since October, and only really consider myself a hockey fan, but I'm in on ALL the fantasy sports now, and it's actually quite fun. Except basketball, I couldn't really get into that. :p

So, welcome, good luck, and if you have any suggestions, by all means, post em!!

Mara

Yay!

I used to do the NASCAR one all the time.. but stopped after I started to forget to pick my drivers, haha....

But I like doing the March Madness thing, have been for quite a few years now.

Okies... on Yahoo! Fantasy Pick 'Em...

Group name: Galactic Basic

Group ID: 122659

Group password: gbpool

Url: http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men

All ya need is a Yahoo! ID.... so come on and join!

Edited by Mara

Uncle Du

Need the Group ID # instead of the name, but as soon as I have it, I'm in. :D

Mara

Erm, let me find it. :p

Edited first post. : )

Uncle Du

Done. :)

Mara

Yay!

Uncle Du

So, in my other than GB bracket, I only missed one pick from last night, and that was the Duke game. If I had got that one, I would have had a perfect night. Then of course the GB bracket, where while I might be beating you Mara, I still only picked 13. :p I'll probably end up losing any way. :p

Mara

Haha... I think I missed about 2-4 in all my brackets, lol.

I just had to pick upsets. :p

Oh, and I did win one bracket competition last year at college. ;)

Uncle Du

If I win my work bracket, then I have exclusive bragging rights, which I want. :D

Mara

Haha...

I have a couple polls on Facebook.. and I'm trying to beat my friends again, lol.

Uncle Du

Man, that's weird. The one I made for work and the GB one are different, but I'm 28 for 32 in both of em now. And I'm still in first for both. ;)

Mara

In my one at home... I was 27/32 in the first round... and 12/16 in the second round.

Haven't checked my others yet.

Edited by Mara

Uncle Du

You're still beating me by two points at last glance.

Mara

OOooh....

Indeed, I am, lol...

So, my newspaper one (champion Florida) I have 51 [27 + 24] points.

Yahoo! GB Awesome bracket (champion Ohio St.) I have 50 points.

Facebook and Yahoo! Best. Bracket Ever (champion UNC ) I have 48 [26 + 22] points.

Yahoo! Crazy bracket (champion Wisconsin ) I have 47 points.

Not too shabby.. :p

I can't believe the one still has 47 points even after Wisconsin was knocked out. :p

Edited by Mara

Uncle Du

I've got 50 points in my work bracket. Hopefully I can pull that one off, so I can brag about it for the next year. :D

Mara

Haha... I'm currently tied for first in one of my facebook pools....

I'm hoping I still win, just so those guys know that my win last year wasn't a fluke. :p

Uncle Du

I fully admit that if I win this year, it's a fluke. Which would make it even better, because then everyone else would feel like a dumbass. ;)

And, there's a good chance that I'll be going to the championship for my hockey league next week. As long as my team keeps putting up good numbers.

Mara

Nice.

Actually, I wasn't expecting to win or anything... but I just want to show 'em up anyway. :D

Uncle Du

Bah, I think you got me beat. :p

And now I'm tied for first in my other bracket. If I lose that one, I'm gonna be mad! If it wasn't for damn Oregon winning, I'd be alright! :p

And I don't really like the way they do the scoring, cause I've got 5 more picks than the guy that I'm tied with. But, he made all the right ones when it comes to point value.

Mara

Yay. :p

Damn UNC... now I think my other bracket (where I was tied for first) is completely screwed. :p

Uncle Du

Well, I'm done. Ohio is the only team I have left, and now I'm almost in last in the bracket I was winning. Oh well.

But I'm in the championship for hockey! :D

Mara

I am almost completely gone myself, lol.

OSU is still left in one bracket... and I have Florida in another.

But otherwise all my final four's are completely wrong. :p

On another note, do you think fantasy baseball would be fun?

Ayingel

heck yes

Uncle Du

I think so. I'm already in one league, but I know nothing about baseball, so I don't know how well I will do. I can make league, if there's enough interest.

Have to hurry though, the season starts in a week, and we would have to do an autodraft...which means that everyone would have to be registered, and have their player rankings done...quick.

Uncle Du

OK, I'm going to set up a league, but I need to know if we're going to go head to head every week, or do a rotissierre, where everyone just competes in the stats against everyone. If there's only 3 of us interested, then head to head won't work. If you know of someone else that wants to play, let me know, or once I make the league, you can give them the info. I'll make the league when I get home from work this afternoon.

OK, so I had time before I left. :p

I got a custom URL for the league, http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/le.../galactic_basic. That will take you right to it.

League ID: 273694

League PW: galacticbasic

I can change the settings once I get a consensus about them, or any recommendations. Also, have you pre-draft rankings done by say Friday, then we can do the draft Saturday, so everyone has time to get their team ready for next week. Drop me a line at my email too if you want, jake.hass@gmail.com

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.