Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

What's the last movie you saw?

Mara

Stardust

TheUnknown

Birds of Prey

Mara

Joker

Radioactive Isotope

Knives Out

Mara

The Rise of Skywalker - end of my SW Day mega marathon

Mara

Jumanji: The Next Level

Radioactive Isotope

HAMILTON!!!

Andy

Finally saw Aquaman. It was... a film. ?‍♂️

Not Momoa's best work, IMO.

Radioactive Isotope

I don't think you watch Aquaman for the plot. You watch it for Jason Momoa. :p

• Upvote 1

Mara

I enjoyed it. I though it was fun. :p

Better than some of the other DC films, sadly. Talkin' about you, Justice League.

Mara

Palm Springs

Mara

The Old Guard

I read the graphic novel awhile back, the first volume, and thought it was boring.  But seeing it on the screen, it's actually pretty interesting. I may have to give the book another shot.

Mara

Psych the Movie 2: Lassie Come Home

Better late than never... Peacock finally came to Roku lol.

Mara

New Mutants

Finally ventured out to the theater last weekend.  Which was fortuitous, since the governor closed everything down again the following Monday...

Andy

I didn't realise it was out yet, can't say I've paid much attention to movie releases this year... Any good?

Mara

I think it's been out here for a while, first just the drive-in and stuff before things reopened.

But yeah, it was pretty good. Nothing spectacular or revolutionary lol, but I think it's worth seeing if you're into that story line/characters. Or just need some time to get away from the real world lol.

Half of the enjoyment was just being at the theater for the first time since February, lol. Especially who knows when I'll be able to go back.

Andy

Aha, we don't really have many drive-ins over here and cinemas being open has been a bit hit or miss really depending on whatever rules have been imposed that week lol

Mara

There aren't a lot of drive-ins anymore, though I think a few more have been opening up to take advantage of the situation lol.

There is one about a hour's drive from me, but a theater nearby has also done a pop-up drive-in in their parking lot. I'm considering doing that to see WW84 on the big screen, because I dunno when the actual theaters will be back up and running (the closures have been extended till the 20th now ugh), and I don't want to wait too long after it release, because accidental spoilers.  Though the prospect of sitting in my car for two and a half hours isn't too appealing, especially when I can do just do a free trial of HBO Max and watch at home in a comfy chair, just on a much smaller screen.

Anyway, this past weekend, I watched the new live-action Mulan, now that it's 'free' for subscribers and no longer hidden behind the premium pay wall.

I enjoyed it...

Spoiler

The absence of the dragon sidekick Mushu was a blessing... no offense to anyone who enjoys him.   And while there were a few other changes to make the live-action jump, it was fairly close to the original animated one.

but I definitely would have rather seen it on the big screen, especially those battle scenes/set pieces.  Oh well. Some is better than none.

Mara

Wonder Woman 1984

Theaters opened up again in time luckily, so I didn't have to watch at home.   Good, enjoyable movie. I liked it.

Andy

Just got around to watching Wonder Woman 1984.

It was okay, I found it a bit too cheesy in a few places (especially the opening!) and although I can suspend my disbelief for the fantasy elements there were a whole bunch of historical or factual innacuracies that annoyed me. lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.