Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice [SPOILERS]

Chris/Tauntaun13

OMG, you're on the cover. Will you give me an autograph? :p

Mara

:roll:

Mara

I can't wait....

Jacen will be figuring out if he's ready to make his sacrifice....

Then he needs to decide who he loves and kill that person/persons. (Looks like his parents, no matter what, from Exile).

And he'll choose his Sith name...

And much much more. :p

ZELDABOY12

It takes Jacen two books to figure out if he is ready to be a Sith or not? I am in the middle of Bloodlines and I would think he would know if he wanted to commit to is by then. I Cannot wait though to read the rest of the books.

Mara

Well, it's a big step.... something that he's gradually deciding.

And welcome aboard. : )

Please take a stop in the Drunk Side for a complimentary drink.

Princess

OMG! Talk about a shocker. I so want to kill Jacen myself!

Andy

Waaah! Now I want it! :p

Want a paperback though. *pout*

Princess

Then you'll be waiting a while

Andy

I haven't read Exile yet... And I can't even remember if I have Tempest yet. So I can wait a while yet.

I'm finally getting round to reading the Thrawn trilogy. lol

Radioactive Isotope

you call yourself a Star Wars fan :p

i haves it. and whenever i'm not working or with Rob, i'll get around to reading it.

Radioactive Isotope

*joins the line of people ready to kill Jacen*

i'm going to carve his heart out with a spoon :evil:

Princess

That's a long line you're standing in JM. *waves from the front of line*

Radioactive Isotope

can i come stand with you? pweese? :puppydogeyes:

Princess

Sure. I'm gonna drag his brain out through his nose with a hook

Radioactive Isotope

cool! but first can i saw off his important bits with a rusty butter knife?

Princess

Sure. Sounds more painful than E-wings rusty hedgeclippers

Radioactive Isotope

what can i say? i'm evil like that

Drake

HUGE SPOILER!!!

Snape kills Dumbledore!

:eek:

Princess

DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Mara

I'll get my shovel ready.

Anyways... here goes. My crazy and random thoughts.. that I tried to organize.. but I probably forgot to say some things.

Oh, if you haven't read it yet.. please don't read my post. :p

First and foremost... maybe it's just me.. or did this novel seem disjointed? Like, I mean that it didn't always make sense like some original parts were edited out and some of the transitions seemed jagged. Perhaps it's just my reading of it.

And some things kept getting repeated. Didn't Lumiya say like a book or two ago that Ben wouldn't be Jacen's apprentice? But Jacen was still talking about it in this book. I was confused. Maybe he was too. Whatever.

I can't think of any other instances right now as examples, but I just think that as a whole this book seemed a little unstable.

Okay, secondly. What the hell was Boba Fett doing in there? Was he just like a sideline? A non-comedic comic relief? His parts of the novel barely had anything to with what else was happening. Yeah, he wanted to kill Jacen. But he was mostly focused on healing himself. And that went way to easy, I might add. And there was all that beskar and politics stuff. But they didn't specifically have to do anything with the other events in the novel. At least to me.

Why won't he just DIE already? I'm so sick of Boba Fett interrupting things.

Thirdly... I suppose it's time to talk about the big elephant in the room, aye? Even though I knew it was coming (I've been regretting this book for a week or more now 'cause I accidentally saw this spoiler on another forum.) So for about a week I had time to seethe inside about what those damn SW people decided to do to Mara.

Yeah, they made it seem that at the beginning it would be Ben who would die. But there was no chance in hell he would be killed. He's the next generation. Without Ben, the Skywalker's "legacy" would be no more. They needed Ben.

And like Jacen thought about repeatedly: He didn't love his parents or his sister or his other family enough to be a regular/true sacrifice. And he couldn't bare the thought of losing his lover or his daughter. So I had been, up until a week or two ago, musing about who in the hell would die.

Well, I found out now. And, I didn't like. Big surprise there. I did understand why it had to happen, yes. I did. Jacen did end up killing Ben indirectly. He just killed his relationship to him, not him personally. Blah, blah, blah. I knew it was all planned by the authors and it all makes sense in the long run.

But I still ask why sometimes. But I will get over it. Eventually.

Though there is one thing that still chafes me about this--the way it happened. The little whiny poweful Sithboy couldn't defeat Mara any good, real way, so the nerfherder just poisons her? That's no way for her to die. It was such an unelegant way to die, if I may say so. I mean, stupid Sithboy could have at least found some strength to stab her or cut off her head or something.

Oh well.

At least this way she could stay and give evidence.

But another thing.. why couldn't she have just projected Jacen's image into Luke or Ben's mind before she died? Then they would know and she could be corporeal.. and not be completely gone. She'd still be able to show up once and a while.

Well, I just can't wait now when, not if, Luke destroys and kills Jacen at the end. I am SO looking forward to that.

I just hope that Ben doesn't go bad like Lumiya thought he would.. and eventually replace Jacen as Sith Lord. That would be just too much, I think.

And at least Luke has finally gotten back to his old self. Hopefully he'll get some things done now and stop dithering in politics. Actually do some damage and murder little whiny Sithboy.

Where's my shovel? *bands Jacen's head with shovel like one of those carnival games with the club and mole things*

All I have to end with is... Fury is an appropriate title for the next novel. SO appropriate.

Ender

Boba Fett is fantastic. Don't be knocking Boba.

Drake

Boba is the sith. I'm just disappointed this will probably be his last book.

And...I never really cared a whole hell of a lot about Mara Jade. She was alright but nothing special.

Jacen dying is probably the way in which his saga will end. Too bad though. I'm still holding onto hope that he'll learn all he needs to about the Sith then get bored and go back to being all powerful in the balance. He was at his best at the end of Unifying Force. Nothing else can really compare.

Mara

Yeah.. this series seems to be like the Dark Nest ones... basically just wasting some time and giving them something to do.

Radioactive Isotope

after this series is over, we may need to resurrect the Character Purges. spoilers ahead, so go away if you haven't read the book.

i never saw Mara's death coming until the end. i was kinda hoping Jacen would end up having to kill Allana cuz i don't really like her much. i hope we see more of Jaina in the next books. i missed her in this one. and i can't decide if i want Luke or Ben to end up killing Jacen. either would suit me just fine.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.