Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Doc Ani Jade

How did you get started?

How did you become a star wars person?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doc Ani Jade

Ok...This thread is for people to post how they became interested (or in some people's case obsessed) with starwars...

I began to like star wars when I saw the specail edition...5 1/2 years ago...

Andy

Episode I for me :)

BTW: I think this should live in the Entire Saga forum... maybe... hmm...

to move or not to move...

** moves thread **

Doc Ani Jade

I wonder who put other...

^Hal^

I put other, but I tihnk that's two people now... I just watched it on an old video when I was 6 or 7, and loved it completely...

Doc Ani Jade

Yeah...actaully, I think I saw the original in theatres at this wierd place...it was back ion 1996, after akl...

Rogue

I put other....I saw a book on the shelf...and proceeded to read it...

Of course, my dad had just shown me the movie....A New hope was the 1st one I saw....that was before Ep1 came out...

Doc Ani Jade

I kinda did that...I saw the film, then later bought it, then later got TAB...it and the Thrawn trilogy were the only ones out then...

^Hal^

And Splinter of the Mind's Eye, and the Han Solo books (the old ones)

Doc Ani Jade

Yeah...

Excpet I never really got into the Han Solo books...

I literally read every starwars novel as it came out...

Andy

I saw one of the Lando Calrissian books the other day, so I bought it... ?2.50 it was, so i though I might aswell buy it :)

Haven't read it yet though...

Ana

My dad saw COPL at a bookstore and bought it, thinking I might like to read it... I've been hooked ever since.

Doc Ani Jade

hmmm...once I had the luck to sit next to some guy on a flight who was eading the x-wing series...we had an interesting discussion...its so fun talking to random people on a flight... :) ...I talked to this 11-year-old whose doing business work...

Andy

There better be someone interesting to sit next to on the plane to Florida when I go in August...

Doc Ani Jade

Hey, its not always that way...last time I went to California I was surrounded by old ladies...

*shudders*

gossiping...

*shudders again*

Pandora

1997. Dad and I were at Wally World, and he found the SE trilogy for like $35 or something like that. I remember him saying to me, "Don't tell your mom how much we paid for this."

Anyway, we watched them in order, and i was lying on the floor, watching Chewie make Tarzan noises, and Mom said, "You know, there are books about this." and she explained to me how Han and Leia have kids. Next day, she brings home Trouble on Cloud City. I've been hooked ever since.

But, when I got into SW, I got back into reading, and when I got back into reading, I got into writing. And now I've got a career.

Doc Ani Jade

Lol...mine isn't that confusing, but near...I was at some warehouse store (welcome to Suburbia :p ) and they had the SE there...I thought it looked cool and got it...then I went to Barnes and Noble and got the first and only SW novel...TAB...(actually I think the Thrawn trilogy was out, I saw that too)

Ever since third grade...

Jake Durron

My dad and grandfather {his dad} are avid trekkies... But they also kinda sorta like SW.

So I watched the movies as a kid but I never got into it until August 2000.

We were driving a very senic route from Denver, Colorado and back here to hicksville. I had already read all the books we had in the car three times over and still had 7 hours to go so when we stoped at this gas station mom said I could get a book. {I can read in a bouncy car but I can't play gameboy... I get really sick} So I went back there and saw Vector Prime on the shelf. Convinced my mom to let me get this instead of a romance novel... And I have been totally hooked ever since...

Doc Ani Jade

I saw one of the movies, the OT in theatres...in ummm I guess 1996? I liked it then, but I didn't really get hooked then...it took the SE...

Yeah, I wasn't going to read the NJO until a friend got it for me...I really wouldn't have...

Master MJade

i saw SE after my dad dragged me there got sorta hooked moved down here found a book with SW and haven't stopped liking it ever since....even got others hooked on it (DR ani should be thanking ME for liking SW cuz well History at this site would be different)

Doc Ani Jade

Lol...waht is it with you and caps? Oh well...

I think everybody's posted here...time to randomize...

(Oh, almost forgot- THANKS! :p )

Master MJade

trust me it was hard she went from thinking fans are cookoos to being an avid fan a 180 you could say

Sticks

I first got interested when I saw the Special Edition. I'd heard of SW b4 that but had never seen any of them.

Andy

I see I'm the only one that said Episode I...

Link

That's how I got hooked too Beeurd. And then one other little factor: Mjade

Master MJade

Little? 8)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.