Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
mynorthstar

Whats the difference?

mynorthstar

so i am a 'young' star wars fan! have seen all the episode to death. Who have seen the original's? My older sister has and perfers them, are they that much different?

Andy

Well, of course they are different, cos they tell different stories. :p

I don't think either trilogy is better than the other, cos they are all part of the same saga, IMO. :)

TheUnknown

Do you mean the Original Trilogy or the Original, Non-Special Edition, Non-DVD versions?

Andy

Oooh, I never thought about that.

I've never seen the original versions of IV, V, and VI. I've only ever seen the SE and DVD versions.

mynorthstar

Do you mean the Original Trilogy or the Original, Non-Special Edition, Non-DVD versions?

Non-DVD versions

TheUnknown

I've seen the originals, but that was like ten or more years ago.

mynorthstar

I've seen the originals, but that was like ten or more years ago.

do you think they was better than the special effects ones?

TheUnknown

It's been ten years, so I don't remember exactly what they were like. The special edition is cleaned up in the visual and special effects categories and has some added (although not that interesting) scenes. At the beginning of each one, they detail what they changed/fixed.

darthraptor52

I've seen all of the unaltered versions, but I was only 5 or 6. I've really grown up with the Special Editions. There are some changes I like, and others I don't. I didn't see the need to change Anakin at the end of Jedi or Ha shooting first for example, but I think that Jabba in ANH and the Wampa in Empire were both good and valid changes.

The best thing Lucasfilm did was the amazing sound and picture on the DVDs. The first time I watched the DVDs they almost felt like new movies, like they were made yesterday, and they hold up perfectly against the prequels

starwarsperson

There are some changes I like, and others I don't. I didn't see the need to change Anakin at the end...

Really? :eek: I've grown up watching the "Trilogy" collection (a bit updated from the original, but before the special editions), and I never knew they changed Anakin. Was he changed right after the original or only in Special Edition? I've never seen the 'actual' original trilogy and I've only seen the Special Editions once or twice.

Andy

For the DVD version you see Hayden as Anakin at the end of Return of the Jedi.

In all other version it is Sebastian Shaw.

mynorthstar

hey u lot, i found this the other day you can win a limited edition one and only

Y-Wing fighter ship all the way from Lucas Arts!

and all you gotta do is sign up... i thought i would share it ...

http://starwarsqueue.co.uk/home.php

Rebel_Ghost

I have the O-OT.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.