Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Dace Sarkin

80s cartoons

Dace Sarkin

Oh, remember the days of the 80s when we had shows like Transformers, He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, M.A.S.K, Sky Commanders, does anyone remember the Sky Commanders? Oh yeah, and Silverhawks! Silveeer Haaaaaaawks....and what about that space Western show, the sherriff who had a sidekick that was a horse who walked on two legs and used to sling this big rifle around and spin it backwards whenever he drew it out. I forgot the name...it was something like Red Ryder (oh no, that was the name of a Daisy BB Gun)..or JJ Starr or something Ryder? Does anybody remember that cartoon? Heck, I even love the Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake.

The 80s was a great time to be growing up as a kid. That's because the earth was a mansion world at the time; it was connected to the rest of the universe and was open to intergalactic influences, which is where all the Sci-Fi and Fantasy ideas came from. Did you ever wonder why there are hardly any more such shows around these days? Now it's just ridiculous crap like SpongeBob Squarepants and all the shows are about crime, or law and order.

Andy

I used to love Thundercats. I can remember we used to pretend at school that we were the Thundercats in the playground. lol... That'd be when we were about 5, so like... 17 years ago... god I feel old. LOL

Transformers is always awesome too. Movie of that in the making! Oh yes! :D

Dino Riders was cool too. I used to love that. I love a lot of 80s cartoons actually...

So many...

Chip & Dale, DUCKULA, Captain Planet, SuperTed, DANGERMOUSE, DUCKTALES, Ewoks (:p), Jimbo, My Little Po-- err oops not that one, TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLES, Sharkey & George, The Real Ghostbusters, Teddy Ruxpin, Topcat, Telebugs, TRAPDOOR...

Omg, I want DVDs now. lol

Radioactive Isotope

yeah, Duck Tales and Tale Spin and all those awesome series. and the really old Winnie the Pooh series and Dumbo's Circus. i used to get up every Saturday morning to watch Pooh and Dumbo.

Drake

I picked up the Wild C.A.T.S. DVD set a couple weeks ago. Classic.

Ender

Ghostbusters and G.I. Joe... such good memories.

Tsl

He-man and She-ra, Voltron, Silver Hawks, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Inspector Gadget, Ninja Turtles....ah, the awesomeness of days of yore. Remember Lovely Lady Golden Locks? The blonde chick with the squirrels in her hair? lol

Tenel Ka

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will always be my favorite. I think the best part was that when I got to school every Monday, all my friends would be like, "HEY DID YOU SEE MY LITTLE PONY THIS WEEKEND HEEEE~!!!" And I just told them, no, I was too busy watching my turtles. :jump:

Andy

Yes, turtles will always be the awesomest.

Welcome to GB. :D

Tenel Ka

I'm glad someone agrees! ;D And thank you very much for the welcome!

Rogue

hey tenna!

<---Rogue xD

Tenel Here has some really awesome websites beeurd. :D

Rogue

You know, i asked like 50 times if there was an edited version out there, but everybody kept saying no

This hurts Beeurd. This hurts like a wampa on tatooine!

Andy

You obviously didn't ask me then! :p

rpm285sm

So I know this thread is ridiculously old but I just ran into this video on youtube. It doesnt have all the good shows on here by any means and some of them are really terrible ones but it was a fun chance at nostalgia for me.

80's cartoon intros

and these arent 80's but they're from when Nick used to make good cartoons which is almost as long ago. A couple duds in there, but most are quality.

Nick cartoon intros

Edited by rpm285sm

Drake

I was singing along to most of the 90's intros. :p

rpm285sm

lol. Me too. Now I'm trying to go through and find all the old shows I used to love :p

Radioactive Isotope

now i've got more to add to my birthday/Christmas list. thanks D! :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.